Tottenham Thread

chonabot

This lot would liven up the library :D

Was lucky enough to play in front of my local teams support in a cup final back in Scotland when I was around 11 or 12......but no way they made this much racket....Brilliant!! :D

Back to the rumour mill.....and yesterday's Standard has us mulling a £6m bid for Keane from Villa.....O'Hara heading to Muppeton Park.....Bantley and Dos Santos to leave as well.....but no mention of the lucky recipients.....mind you the usual we must sell before we buy line trotted out again.

The inevitable line from the AGM.....Bale aint for sale.....no of course not.....not unless you want to make buildng a new stadium even more of a priority...Doh!!

Edit: The O'Hara deal is a loan.....you'll have workeed that out yourselves no doubt already though! :lol:

Edited by smokie36

Muppeton Park ... Ralph Coates. I'm a johhny come lately to this thread and need a translator sometimes! Desperately trawling my brain for whose ground ends with Park - must be Brentford or similar level?

RIP Ralph Coates.

As you might have gathered i've been away for a few days. Having read the posts i have to say i totally agree with Alfredo's thoughts on the Chelski game. I just could.nt understand why Redknapp did'nt change things and the change that should have been made was, to me an obvious one. i can't understand his thought pattern on this. he probably cost us the points and its not the first time.

Maybe his mind is on the England job. ;)

It seems the silly season for transfer rumours is well underway. The only thing that concerns me greatly is the persistent talk about Carroll. Yes, he is a very good young player with talent but he is 100% NOT the standard of striker we should buy. If we settle for him it will be a cop out. I'm also doubtful that a 21 year old geordie is going to be able to control himself in London. So i'll say it again, it has to be the likes of Benzema, Suarez etc...

It looks like we could end up with nearly 50m to spend. With Jonathan Woodgate fully fit :ermm: we no longer need to be looking at central defenders, we have Kaboul who can act as extra cover at right back. I personally think the talk about Scott Parker is a load of <deleted>. At his age theres no sell on value which Levy does'nt like, our midfield is very strong anyway and the only addition i can see is Diarra, but he's back in favour now at Real. So why not go really big for a world class striker, and possibly a left back.

If they don't address the striker issue it could cost us a top four place.

With Parker it would cost way too much even if the scammers could be persuaded to sell. Pienaar is more likely if we bring in a midfielder.

The left back issue would sort itself if BAE could improve his concentration and positional sense.....a pipe dream probably.....

A lot of rumours on the strikers......looks certain Keane will be offered a move to one of the Birmingham clubs......I hope Crutchie follows him out the door as well. Only problem with the likes of Suarez is being cuptied for the CL......I'd still be over the moon if we signed one of either him or Benzema.....top class the pair of 'em.

Carroll.....hmm not worth the silly money again possibly a flash in the pan.......only time will tell.....we don't want a Heskey on our books.....

C'mon Daniel its time to give the team real teeth in front of goal!

Benzema, Suarez or Llorente would be great.

I take your point about Suarez being cup tied but i think we are getting way ahead or ourselves thinking any further than a top four league finish. We should'nt steer clear of the right player just because he might not be available for what could quite possibly be only two CL games.

Before a ball was kicked this season i would have happily taken a second top four finish and qualification from the group stages. So far, we are doing well and should have no complaints. To be drawn against Milan was rather tough on us, but at the end of the day, isn't this where we were striving to be last season. Despite his stupid comments i doubt the Milan coach is all too relaxed to be drawn to a side like us with nothing to lose, an ability to score lots of goals and some very key people (VDV and Woodgate) back from injury. We are the under dogs and thats just where we want to be.

We need to address why we're only able to perform for 45mins each game. That means improving the quality of substitutions available. Love to see Jenas and Palacios exit and a quality midfielderr like Diarra come in....but let's not forget Huddlestone is back as well in Feb.

It all comes down to better strikers in the end though with a goal difference of +3 we really have to improve massively on that if we're to finish top four.

We need to address why we're only able to perform for 45mins each game. That means improving the quality of substitutions available. Love to see Jenas and Palacios exit and a quality midfielderr like Diarra come in....but let's not forget Huddlestone is back as well in Feb.

It all comes down to better strikers in the end though with a goal difference of +3 we really have to improve massively on that if we're to finish top four.

Down to the technical staff and fitness coaches,Modric off to Chelsea at the end of the season so you will need to keep a midfielder. :whistling:

Down to the technical staff and fitness coaches,Modric off to Chelsea at the end of the season so you will need to keep a midfielder. :whistling:

How is it down to the technical staff and fitness coaches when it is sometimes the first 45 mins that we are poor ;) come on enlighten us Mr Mourinho..................... looks like we have another newbie know all on here :o:D

Easy Mr Conn maybe the coach's are not warming the players up correctly if it the first half you are worried about,second half stamina concerns,or is it the players mindset you are concerned about?

Mr Mourinho??

Was you a newbie once Alfie,come on give the young guns a chance to be just as opinionated as you cynical oldies :lol:

Easy Mr Conn maybe the coach's are not warming the players up correctly if it the first half you are worried about,second half stamina concerns,or is it the players mindset you are concerned about?

Mr Mourinho??

Was you a newbie once Alfie,come on give the young guns a chance to be just as opinionated as you cynical oldies :lol:

Yeah ok, so a team playing in the premier division isn't warming up properly :D :D :D

Ok, for a brucie bonus Mr Newbie know all, what is it when a team doesn't play well for a full 90 mins ;):D.

Answer that one and you have passed the test to be the next manager of the scammers :o

Edited by alfieconn

You might be interested to know Modric has very recently signed a new contract. The "rumours" that you have been reading are among the most stupid in recent publications.

Mr Mourinho??

The reason for alfredo's response is because, with respect you are talking cobblers. :D

You might be interested to know Modric has very recently signed a new contract. The "rumours" that you have been reading are among the most stupid in recent publications.

And anyhow, why would he want to go to a smaller club ;)

Mr Mourinho??

The reason for alfredo's response is because, with respect you are talking cobblers. :D

No need for respect any more carmine......he's not a newbie any more.....another Jimbo to enjoy for another ten thousand posts or so.....don't let facts get in the way....

Nooooooo! :rolleyes::D

And anyhow, why would he want to go to a smaller club ;)

A top player.....playing he best football of his career....at a club with ambition....a dressing room buzzing....a HUGE club with money to spend on new playrs and a determination to win......

Exciting times indeed......this poster has lost it so early......I liked the pics of the bird though....he should stick to the page 3 thread. ;)

Sorry boys i didn't realise you are all so touchy clingy about Modric,i didn't mean to upset you all.

"Ok, for a brucie bonus Mr Newbie know all, what is it when a team doesn't play well for a full 90 mins ;):D. "

DEFEAT ALFIE! you should do well to remember that it was not to long ago that it was happening regularly for Spurs.

MrrED the newbie :D

Sorry boys i didn't realise you are all so touchy clingy about Modric,i didn't mean to upset you all.

"Ok, for a brucie bonus Mr Newbie know all, what is it when a team doesn't play well for a full 90 mins ;):D. "

DEFEAT ALFIE! you should do well to remember that it was not to long ago that it was happening regularly for Spurs.

MrrED the newbie :D

I for one welcome you jim :ermm: ....i'm thouroughly enjoying your wisdom and vast football knowledge. Forget the others, you keep posting whenever you think you have something important to say or you here of a rumour or two........no matter how stupid. ;)

You da man.....:)

benzema ????? you bunch a muggy ,

fark do you delirious buncha mugs reckon you are, ???

why not snap up messi and kaka while youre at it, carrol torres rooney , fabregas chimbnoda

merry xmas

We are after World class strikers and you can't even get Keane to come to your gaff, ses it all really :D.