Tottenham Thread

chonabot

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You now conveniently seem to have forgotten Bob, YOUR many 'it wasn't a sending off...you wouldn't have won 5v0...' posts over many months.

As for the 2nd leg game, we were leading 1v0, we were dominating and you were really struggling, we scored a perfectly good 2nd goal which had it rightly been given would no doubt have changed the complexion of the tie. So yes you won, you were the better team at Anfield and we were at home. Your fellow brummie red (but i hope not you) however seems to conveniently forget the details of the ties with his repetitive liverpool hammered us nonsense posts. I'm sure mrbj like me isn't interested whether you or we got lucky ref calls in other games: but it's a fact that Liverpool got the breaks outlined by mrbj. So yes liverpool qualified but cease with the nonsense of two batterings because that's not a correct reflection of events. 

5-1

28 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You need to keep up as both mrbj and I have been arguing pro-VAR or whatever will help eradicate errors for years on here, particularly with chicog (who's chicog I can hear you thinking! ).

Chicog the WIT only left last year.

32 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You now conveniently seem to have forgotten Bob, YOUR many 'it wasn't a sending off...you wouldn't have won 5v0...' posts over many months.

As for the 2nd leg game, we were leading 1v0, we were dominating and you were really struggling, we scored a perfectly good 2nd goal which had it rightly been given would no doubt have changed the complexion of the tie. So yes you won, you were the better team at Anfield and we were at home. Your fellow brummie red (but i hope not you) however seems to conveniently forget the details of the ties with his repetitive liverpool hammered us nonsense posts. I'm sure mrbj like me isn't interested whether you or we got lucky ref calls in other games: but it's a fact that Liverpool got the breaks outlined by mrbj. So yes liverpool qualified but cease with the nonsense of two batterings because that's not a correct reflection of events. 

Yes you put us on the back foot but we expected it and it was calmly handled. Struggling is the last word to describe us in the 1st half. Your team was struggling, being consumed under the pressure and beino forced to make errors. You got dealt with in your own back yard and you know we will be making a habit of that next year but that's next year pal we got bigger fish to fry we got a final to deal with. You got done.

Edited by Rc2702

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

You got done.

Indeed. By the ref

And you got done over the endurance test, that is the Premier League by 25..........yes...... 25 points. So your good at a quick sprint (as long as you get lucky decisions) but not so good at a season long comp where you come behind "park the bus" United and "net spend trophy" Spurs

47 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Indeed. By the ref

And you got done over the endurance test, that is the Premier League by 25..........yes...... 25 points. So your good at a quick sprint (as long as you get lucky decisions) but not so good at a season long comp where you come behind "park the bus" United and "net spend trophy" Spurs

You got done by the better team home and away. You played dreadful that 2nd match all the composure of a Ryman league team playing in the FA cup. 

15 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah but remember you will inherit the earth....which is nice... Matty 5.5 ?

That would be the meek, but they will not the mineral rights!!  

Edited by carmine

This is the Spurs thread <deleted>!!!!

I suppose R2D2 isn't so keen to see how this plays out anymore, instead wanting to talk about other clubs past games!!!?

Could you all stick to Spurs related topics, even the idiotic stuff if you have too!

Well surprise surprise, apparently City have just smashed our bid for De Ligt by throwing in a bid of 60m.  i thought we put in a very decent offer too.

You have to wonder whether they actually want the lad or are far more keen to see we don't get him.  I'm not remotely surprised as i've always thought this is the way it would go.

On a brighter note its being reported that we could get as much as 55m for Toby, the downside is it would clearly strengthen United.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well surprise surprise, apparently City have just smashed our bid for De Ligt by throwing in a bid of 60m.  i thought we put in a very decent offer too.

You have to wonder whether they actually want the lad or are far more keen to see we don't get him.  I'm not remotely surprised as i've always thought this is the way it would go.

On a brighter note its being reported that we could get as much as 55m for Toby, the downside is it would clearly strengthen United.

If you lose Alderweirald's replacement to City, then you might be pushed into keeping him and increasing his wages. So, City strengthen and at the same time, weaken Man Utd's prospects? Not a bad bit of business.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wilai said:

If you lose Alderweirald's replacement to City, then you might be pushed into keeping him and increasing his wages. So, City strengthen and at the same time, weaken Man Utd's prospects? Not a bad bit of business.

Hmmmm...bit unsavory though.

You wait, they'll be doing the same to you.  If they worried we might be looking dangerous they use financial muscle to upset us getting who we want.  And then some european club will pick up the scraps.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Truth is it would be six if our young midfielder Winks wasn't injured.

That's highly impressive by the way in case our little troll is reading this.

Well when you consider the way he played against Real Madrid and the general level of his play, then look at the final selection, then yes he would have made a very strong case for his selection.

Thinking of West Ham,  theres only really Trevor Brooking!!?  God bless treacle.....see i;ve put a little cockney theme to the post!!!

• Haha 1

Truth is it would be six if our young midfielder Winks wasn't injured.

That's highly impressive by the way in case our little troll is reading this.

Impressive for any club to get 5 of their players in the England Squad I agree. I don’t believe Kane aside they are of the quality to take England to the next level of yet. Maybe in the future.

Quit with the name calling. Childish.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

24 minutes ago, carmine said:

Hmmmm...bit unsavory though.

You wait, they'll be doing the same to you.  If they worried we might be looking dangerous they use financial muscle to upset us getting who we want.  And then some european club will pick up the scraps.

I'm sure they will. Chelsea used to use the same tactics when they were the rich kids (Salah for example) ..............................that worked well!!!:biggrin:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilai said:

I'm sure they will. Chelsea used to use the same tactics when they were the rich kids (Salah for example) ..............................that worked well!!!:biggrin:

I think Chelsea will be spending big this window.  There could be some terrific bargains season after next....oh wait a minute, Jose's at United now and he's already destroyed Sanchez, Rashford and Pogba!?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

You got done by the better team home and away. You played dreadful that 2nd match all the composure of a Ryman league team playing in the FA cup. 

We weren't great in the 1st game but your comment is way off on the 2nd game. 

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Sorry but that's nonsense!  You really believe we'd spend 60m if we didn't want a player.

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sorry but that's nonsense!  You really believe we'd spend 60m if we didn't want a player.

I believe; it's a policy at City. I'll take that back if John Stones is a regular next season or Patrick Roberts ever plays for you.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We weren't great in the 1st game but your comment is way off on the 2nd game. 

20 shots and 3 on target is dreadful. 

Screenshot_20180522-083949.png

Edited by Rc2702

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Do1 lad. Go swim with the sharks they won't bite. Don't forget your armbands 

Just take it where it belongs and stop posting like a complete and utter d**k

Edited by carmine

51 minutes ago, champers said:

I believe; it's a policy at City. I'll take that back if John Stones is a regular next season or Patrick Roberts ever plays for you.

And they tried to to VvD as well, where would that leave the other 8 CB they have