Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Is anyone really going to get as lucky again like Leicester did?"

Lucky? No they weren't  lucky. They were the best team in the Premier  that season. 

yeah they were the best , but  the luck was  with injuries a couple  and they had little or no decent cover.

15 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

yeah they were the best , but  the luck was  with injuries a couple  and they had little or no decent cover.

As per usual Bredbury Blue either doesn't understand whats posted or hasn't bothered to READ it properly.

There no inference that luck had anything to do with it other than the "lack of injuries!"  That was a major factor.

Ofcourse they were the best side that season because they finished with the most points.

Thats one of the reasons he's blocked because he ant even be bothered to read the post, too interested in a stupid trolling reply.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

What a result last night ! Unfortunately i was out travelling so missed it but will watch a replay tonight. Not every day we crush United. My expectations for this season suddenly increases, we can do it, yes we can ........

20 hours ago, StevieH said:

fathead sam has suited up to defend the gobsh*te in chief. united were so good apparently and spurs only won because of united's appalling defending. 

He also said on Talksport he didn't rate Pogba's performances in the world cup.  Go figure.

41 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Tough game this weekend away to Watford.....last season I'd expect a big win but they look red hot right now.

They should open up and have a go at us which will play into our hands with Kane Dele and Moura breaking fast. And with so many long term unavailable players returned Pochettino has more options now to suit games  At times last season we looked threadbare.  

I suspect it might be a tough day for Watford and after the international break we can go into the big game with Liverpool on a high,  although as i posted on another thread we'll need to put in a much much better first half performance or expect to be punished.

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It's looking good for Son to miss out having to do military service eh. Just got to beat either Japan or UAE and he's home and dry

Yes, with him back we have good options between him and Moura playing wide, will add depth to the bench and so far Son has proven by far the best stand in for Kane.

This would be a big plus for us.

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes, with him back we have good options between him and Moura playing wide, will add depth to the bench and so far Son has proven by far the best stand in for Kane.

This would be a big plus for us.

He's going to struggle to get back in the team with Moura's form!

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We also have Erik Lamela back fit now.  He looked great in the win over Fulham.  I wonder if, with a decent run without injury we can get the player we bought?

Make no mistake carms it was the introduction of Dembele which turned around the Fulham game for us and allowed movement and passing through the middle which in turn created channels for them to run into.

Until then we were looking very flat indeed.

13 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Make no mistake carms it was the introduction of Dembele which turned around the Fulham game for us and allowed movement and passing through the middle which in turn created channels for them to run into.

Until then we were looking very flat indeed.

I said that in a post the next day, i totally agree.  But with Lamela i was referring to his run through the middle and then pass to Kane that made that goal and i can't remember him showing either that pace or direction thinking before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

I said that in a post the next day, i totally agree.  But with Lamela i was referring to his run through the middle and then pass to Kane that made that goal and i can't remember him showing either that pace or direction thinking before.

Yes he's stepping up...probably related to the quality now around him which is a pleasure to see.

Our advantage right now over other clubs is that all the players knows each other well , and the formation they play .  They know how to respond.

Other teams will be struggling to get it right. 

Would be nice to stay on top of the table for a while....

8 hours ago, balo said:

Our advantage right now over other clubs is that all the players knows each other well , and the formation they play .  They know how to respond.

Other teams will be struggling to get it right. 

Would be nice to stay on top of the table for a while....

City are equally settled and for the most part Liverpool too, having made three excellent signings that have just slotted in.

But as you say, it just a case of getting the win that matters and beating Watford before the poxy international break would be very nice.

• Like 1

Marcus Edwards has gone out on loan again and will be playing in the Dutch league.

One day the stupid little prick is going to wake up and realize what an incredible talent he has wasted.  Piss poor attitude and living proof that no matter how much talent you have its no good without the right work ethic.  Pochettino must be pulling his hair out.

Marcus Edwards has gone out on loan again and will be playing in the Dutch league.

One day the stupid little prick is going to wake up and realize what an incredible talent he has wasted.  Piss poor attitude and living proof that no matter how much talent you have its no good without the right work ethic.  Pochettino must be pulling his hair out.

Regards the CL draw, its obviously a tough group were in again.  However, we should all be looking forward to watching Spurs play the likes of Barca and matches at this level is what our players should aspire too.  Frankly,  if we are playing to the best of our ability i don't fear anyone.

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

Not sure we have.  There wasn't a lot of interest shown.

Yeah i noticed that, and tbh i was surprised.  and given we supposedly were ' in for'him b4  ..  AND given our availiable  bac up to our ARI atm aint the greatest.. however ,,,,,,,,,it's in poch  we trust?

27 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yeah i noticed that, and tbh i was surprised.  and given we supposedly were ' in for'him b4  ..  AND given our availiable  bac up to our ARI atm aint the greatest.. however ,,,,,,,,,it's in poch  we trust?

Poor goal rate for me in the Scottish Premiership I'd be expecting a total goalfest if he were good enough for us.

Yes yes sad to say its a poor league up there.

• Like 1

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Poor goal rate for me in the Scottish Premiership I'd be expecting a total goalfest if he were good enough for us.

Yes yes sad to say its a poor league up there.

I agree I think he tailed off big time but maybe it was down to him wanting out and not being happy. I thought this guy was the real deal a year ago but he did not make as much noise as was expected in the scoring stakes.