Bangkok: Hundreds of cats to be crushed in building demolition

webfact

URGENT: Hundreds of cats to be crushed in building demolition
By Coconuts Bangkok

cat1_1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Hundreds of stray cat who roam free at a deserted apartment in the capital’s Bang Khen district are at risk of being crushed to death as the building will be demolished within a few days.

According to an announcement on Rakmaw, an organization that helps cats, the Rachatrinamai flat which has been serving as a home of hundreds of kitties will be demolished soon with no one to help care for the cats.

Everyone knows what happens when kitties are alarmed and scared, they are likely to hide in the building when the demolition starts.

Volunteers have visited the scene regularly to feed the cats. The kitty photos are up for sharing to help spread the words, hoping people would come to adopt a cat.

Rakmaw is calling for your help, anyone who can provide a home, whether temporary or permanent, is encouraged to go pick up some cats. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/01/28/urgent-hundreds-cats-be-crushed-building-demolition

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-01-28

"Everyone knows what happens when kitties are alarmed and scared, they are likely to hide in the building when the demolition starts."

The kitties..what? How old are these people? Sentimental claptrap.

If this organisation that looks after cats actually did know anything about the animals they would know that at the first sign of danger the cats will very rapidly exit the building. They do not sense danger then stay where the danger is!

"Volunteers have visited the scene regularly to feed the cats."

Perhaps the volunteers who encouraged the cats to stay there should be the ones to evacuate them and take care of them. If they hadn't mollycoddled the animals in the first place they wouldn't have been so keen to hang around.

I love cats, I've got 2. But the stray population has to be controlled, or you wind up with these kinds of problem.

Will my cats be disappointed with me for not running to help? I won't tell them.

If this story was about stray dogs about to be crushed would that mean the demolition folk would now be liable under that new ruling about killing dogs..?

Yes I'm a cat lover, & I also believe if the demo-men drop the building/s slowly (with a '360' & a henpecker)..then most/all of those cats will get away from the danger.

What's up with the making fun of the fact that all these cats are going to die soon? What about those of you that think it's funny, joining them during the demolition. Don't worry nobody will care and quite a few will make fun of it.

It was proved scientificly in the 1970's. High educated people love cats more than low educated people. Low educated people love dogs more than high educated people.

Reason: The low educated want to have control over their pet. Command them, then they feel great !!! High educated people love cats because they are less depended than dogs.

Most replies show the (real) IQ / education level of most foreigners in Thailand, if you haven't noticed all the all the tatoes they're wearing.

Edited by FredNL
  • Like 2

It was proved scientificly in the 1970's. High educated people love cats more than low educated people. Low educated people love dogs more than high educated people.

Reason: The low educated want to have control over their pet. Command them, then they feel great !!! High educated people love cats because they are less depended than dogs.

Most replies show the (real) IQ / education level of most foreigners in Thailand, if you haven't noticed all the all the tatoes they're wearing.

Been reading "Cat Fancy" magazine again?

I'm normally not a spelling or grammar Nazi, but you probably ought to use a spell checker if you're going to call other people's IQ into question.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

And of course the highly educated dont actually wear root vegetables as adornments eh?

You meant 'po'tatoes, right?

I perfere TATTOS as they last longer and are less cumbersome than 'tatoes'and my IQ is just fine, unlike the drivel you just gave us all a laugh at.

And if anyone wants to box up those cats and ems them to fang ill have a few as im getting bored with pork for every meal.....