Depressed Chinese tourist attempts suicide in Phuket resort

Lite Beer

Depressed Chinese tourist attempts suicide in Phuket resort

Eakkapop Thongtub

1422688910_1-org.jpg

The Chinese tourist is loaded into an ambulance after first aid.

PHUKET: A Chinese tourist was taken to Thalang Hospital this morning (January 31) after attempting suicide in the room of the Pa Khlok resort where she was staying.

The tour guide for the group, Kanit Saeloh, told The Phuket News that the woman arrived in Phuket with her four friends from Yunnan two days ago, still depressed over a recent divorce.

“She went to Thalang hospital last night to get some anti-depressants,” Mr Kanit said.

“She was staying in a room alone, separate from her four friends who were staying together, and that may have increased her stress,” he theorised.

The friends found her in her room covered with blood after apparently trying to cut her own throat with a kitchen knife.

After stemming the blood, Kusondharm Rescue volunteers took her Thalang Hospital. She was later transferred to Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/depressed-chinese-tourist-attempts-suicide-in-phuket-resort-50824.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-01-31

I am surprised that there are not more committing suicide on Pkuket.

It is a truly depressing place these days.

Do us all a favour and start the ball rolling, loser !

Who is the loser Crusty, you and your disillusioned "likes"?

I guess you like living on a cess pool where corruption is rife, the locals hate you, no police force (unless you pay), no legal protection or system, Russian Mafia, local Mafia and violence is a daily fact of life. Nice place.

You are right in one thing...... I have left and really glad to have done so. I can live beyond the cheap beer and cheating bar girls.

It was fantastic 30 years ago and I loved the place and lived there.....but now it is truly a dump.

You can't beat a good dose of paranoia !!

Come on Benroom......paranoia? No, a good belated dose of reality. This reality is on here every single day!

I'd love to be able to say Phuket is actually a paradise island but I can't.

They went down market years ago and it is a failed island now.

Compare to, say, Mauritius where I was recently and this reality hits you harder. Mauritius is a true paradise island. Magic place.

• Like 2

The anti depressants failed then, probably fake like most other stuff.. I hope she makes a full recovery and is able to crack on with life

Anti depressants take two to six weeks to take effect......nothing at all to do with this part of your post...."The anti depressants failed then, probably fake like most other stuff.."

I do agree with the second sentence whole heartedly

• Like 1

The anti depressants failed then, probably fake like most other stuff.. I hope she makes a full recovery and is able to crack on with life

Anti depressants take two to six weeks to take effect......nothing at all to do with this part of your post...."The anti depressants failed then, probably fake like most other stuff.."

I do agree with the second sentence whole heartedly

Yes they do indeed take a while to kick in, I was kind of figuring she'd been on them for a while as she was depressed from a recent divorce (and the likelihood of her getting fake medicine from China is probably even greater than in Thailand! Could be totally wrong but I hear what you're saying

Edited by Alwyn
  • Like 1

If Phuket is such a terrible place, why aren't the locals and expats all trying to kill themselves as well as this poor lady?

From what I read here they are doing a pretty good job.

But as a further prop to my point....many "suicides" are in fact murder and ignored by the beloved thugs in brown.

The locals, and recently, many Russians seem to have a love affair with drink, speed and motorcycles which often end up in tears.