Bangkok dad shows off baby driver on Facebook

webfact

Bangkok dad shows off baby driver on Facebook
By Coconuts Bangkok

yakumi1.jpg
Photo: Traffic Police

BANGKOK: -- A father who flaunted his 9-year-old son's driving skill online has been summoned by traffic police.

Facebook user Yakumi Kung, who is known for posting photos of his baby driving home on Bangkok’s Phet Kasem Road, could face a small fine for letting a child operate a vehicle and being a stupid parent.

"My temporary driver,” Yakumi wrote in a caption for photos posted Sunday. “The regular guy is on vacation. On Phet Kasem road. I'm praying as I'm sitting here,"

Maybe he wouldn’t have had to pray if he hadn’t put his life and those of others in the hands of a 9-year-old.

Traffic police official Facebook page posted a screenshot of his post last night with a succinct message. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/02/03/bangkok-dad-shows-baby-driver-facebook

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-02-03

What a numbskull. He's sitting in the back and says his regular driver is on vacation. So instead of driving himself tells his 9 year old son to do it? The guy can't drive or is driving a car below his perceived status?

Not specifically Thai.

A Thai child, a Thai father posting in Thai on Facebook, the Thai police looking for them, a Thai forum lifting the report from a Thai news site. No, not specifically Thai at all.

Of course they are xxxxxxx Thai

This is on the same level as carrying young children and babies on motorbikes without helmets. Thailand is full of idiots that should not have children and they would probably be in jail for doing this in another country.

The same level as carrying children etc on motorbikes without helmets? Are you insane? If the kid crashes his dad's truck into a restaurant, bus stop or another car the damage could be horrendous with lots of deaths of other innocents minding their own business. No comparison

Wonder if the 9 year old had more skills and sense than thousands of grown up drivers all over Thailand.

Not that I agree with him driving.......but it makes me think............

Don't hurt yourself trying to fulfill that last remark.

• Like 1

I come from a farming background in Australia.

I learnt to drive when I was six. Driving trucks and tractors when I was ten.

I also drove on main roads and thru town.

I was helping Dad and my friends were helping their Dads also.

I don't really condone the kid driving throughout the city but there is far worse going on in this country than that.

This is on the same level as carrying young children and babies on motorbikes without helmets. Thailand is full of idiots that should not have children and they would probably be in jail for doing this in another country.

The same level as carrying children etc on motorbikes without helmets? Are you insane? If the kid crashes his dad's truck into a restaurant, bus stop or another car the damage could be horrendous with lots of deaths of other innocents minding their own business. No comparison

Agreed - there is no comparison here.. both because of the additional risk to innocents and also because this is highly unnecessary...

While shocking and dangerous to many of us a family on a motorbike often have no or little alternative.. This guy is simply a complete and utter fool to let his son drive.