• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

2. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

3. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

4. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

5. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

6. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

7. 563

White Culture

8. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

9. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

10. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

11. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

14. 125

Trump chickens out again.

Phuket parks chief mulls rules for bridal photoshoots

webfact

Phuket parks chief mulls rules for bridal photoshoots
Nattha Thepbamrung

1423101839_1-org.jpg
The picture has been widely shared.

PHUKET: -- After a picture from a Chinese couple’s pre-wedding photoshoot was widely shared, the chief of Phuket's Sirinart National Park Chief is preparing to introduce new regulations to control commercial photo shoots in the national park area.

The shot, from above, shows the bride using her wedding gown as a net to hold a number of sergeant-major fish. It appears she may also have one of the fish in her hand, though the version of the photo on the Internet is not clear enough to confirm this.

Park chief Kittipat Tharapiban’s bosses at the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation (DNP) have also announced that pre-wedding photoshoots may not be allowed in parts of national parks in general.

Mr Kittipat said, “The team is working on it. Nowadays, photo shoots in national parks are becoming a lot more commercial and we are concerned about the natural environment.

“It is not a problem for those who just want to take pictures during their trip to the park, but a crew with loads of equipment and big productions for commercial purposes have to apply to the national park for approval, explaining the purposes of the shoot, the shooting locations and the process.”

Assistant Director of National Parks Neramit Songsaeng noted that there are many types of national park land – areas for activities or for service, and pure forest.

“What the department is concerned about is the pure forest land where people are barely allowed to go. These may become a target for photoshoots as they are beautiful and unpolluted.

“There is an existing regulation covering [visitor activities] in national parks but there probably should be more specific ones.

“However, commercial photoshoots will be considered case by case. As I say, there are many types of national park land and many different ways of shooting pictures.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-parks-chief-mulls-rules-for-bridal-photoshoots-50875.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-02-05

If this was an honest attempt to preserve the national parks from overuse/damage, I'd have some sympathy/agreement ... but we all know that won't be the case, it will simply mean that to have a "photoshoot" as they describe, will cost a lot more.