what is the most important accessory

dataanalysis

Best accessories?? My MRS. Check her out! 555

Seriously, I just changed the rubber, back and fronts. Had new Michelin Pilots fitted, look great. Got a kinda rain or wet style of tread on them. Was worried would look silly on a big bike but they just made the back wheel look even wider than before.

Other than that, decent helmet, decent gloves (gotta have gloves on a big bike) and a jacket that stays around you waste and not your chin!

Obviously a very loud exhaust pipe is a must. It is the ultimate attention seeker modification, and at the same time it has the ability to annoy everyone around you. You could almost say you get two of the most important bike modifications for the price of one.

Indeed.. and the exact reason I removed the baffles from my Vance and Hines exhaust. tongue.png

Kurt

• Like 2

Obviously a very loud exhaust pipe is a must. It is the ultimate attention seeker modification, and at the same time it has the ability to annoy everyone around you. You could almost say you get two of the most important bike modifications for the price of one.

Indeed.. and the exact reason I removed the baffles from my Vance and Hines exhaust. tongue.png

Kurt

If they can hear me, then they'll be looking for me. The good thing about the Superbike Ducati's, is the intake noise is just as noticeable to the folks in front of you when you're coming up behind them in traffic. :)
  • Like 2

Kurt

If they can hear me, then they'll be looking for me. The good thing about the Superbike Ducati's, is the intake noise is just as noticeable to the folks in front of you when you're coming up behind them in traffic. smile.png

at times even the noise of a revving sport bike engine is enough for awareness. instead of pushing the horn, i just clutch and rev the engine most of the time.

but an aftermarket pipe is a must for the best awareness. people can her you long time before you pass them.

• Like 1

I am still in two minds regarding loud exhausts. On the one hand, I can see where it is useful in "announcing" to other motorists your presence - I have hear louder bikes coming up to me and have taken extra care and attention. On the other hand, I do not want to be an inconsiderate rider and annoy others unnecessarily.

Currently all my road bikes are on stock exhaust except for the ER which is primarily track. To quote a friend - if I can't be the fastest, then at least I can be the loudest.

• Like 1

I am still in two minds regarding loud exhausts. On the one hand, I can see where it is useful in "announcing" to other motorists your presence - I have hear louder bikes coming up to me and have taken extra care and attention. On the other hand, I do not want to be an inconsiderate rider and annoy others unnecessarily.

Currently all my road bikes are on stock exhaust except for the ER which is primarily track. To quote a friend - if I can't be the fastest, then at least I can be the loudest.

there are nicely designed pipes with baffles giving legal decibels of noise but more noisy that the stock.

and if people still pissed of from a pipe that has legal decibel noise, they can go live on the Moon at absolute quietness!

• Like 2

Upgraded brake lines and (especially) pads- the extra few feet they might buy you can mean the difference between walking away from a close call and being carried away. I realize this isn't an appearance mod (though the lines look cool).

For sure, RubberSideDown. There's an old biker saying, "Chrome, don't get you home." Being able to gain that few feet may mean you get home.

• Like 1