Putin: Leaders agree deal for Ukraine cease-fire

webfact

Putin: Leaders agree deal for Ukraine cease-fire
By YURAS KARMANAU

MINSK, Belarus (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday emerged from marathon Ukraine peace talks by announcing a new cease-fire deal, but questions remained whether Ukraine and the pro-Russian rebels have agreed on its terms.

Putin told reporters that the cease-fire will be effective starting from Sunday, but he added that he and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko disagreed on assessing the situation in a key flashpoint.

The government-controlled town of Debaltseve, a key transport hub between the two main rebel-controlled cities in the east, has been the focus of intense fighting in recent weeks as the rebels sought to encircle the Ukrainian troops there.

Putin said that the rebels consider the Ukrainian forces surrounded and expect them to surrender, while Ukraine disagrees with that.

He added that they agreed with Poroshenko to clarify the situation. Putin urged the warring parties to show restraint.

Poroshenko said the parties agreed to help Ukraine reclaim the control of the border with Russia.

He told reporters that heavy weaponry will be withdrawn from both sides by 50 to 70 kilometers (31-43 miles) in the next two weeks. He also said that the parties agreed to make sure Ukraine reclaims the control of all of the country's border, some of it is now controlled by Russia-backed separatists.

Putin's statement followed the talks brokered by German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande, which dragged for more than 15 hours deep into a second day Thursday as the four leaders desperately sought to resolve their differences.

The Russian leader said that the peace deal they reached also determines a division line from which heavy weapons will be pulled back and contains provision for providing a special status for the rebellious regions, solving humanitarian issues and settling issues related to border control.
__

Associated Press writers Peter Leonard in Donetsk, Ukraine, Vladimir Isachenkov, Jim Heintz, Nataliya Vasilyeva in Moscow and Geir Moulson in Berlin contributed to this report.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-02-12

Strange putin feels he has the ability to negotiate on behalf of an army in the past he has said he has no control over. But the deal, good news if it happens. But the cynic in me says international pressure

Made it that they were never gonna walk from these talks with

anything less than an 'agreement' after all what would it make putin look like!!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

Personally i dont give a flying fuc east west ive no partucular

Leanings, but when someone blatently lies and these lies are.perpetuating a situation that so far has cost 5000 lives and still the lies are coming , than i m concerned. and these lies are being picked up by hundreds of independant reasonably fair minded writers, and still the lies keep coming than one has to question that person and that person is putin. No one else imo he's a lieng two faced rat. But feel free to stand by him.

Sent from my GT-I9000 . using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Strange putin feels he has the ability to negotiate on behalf of an army in the past he has said he has no control over. But the deal, good news if it happens. But the cynic in me says international pressure

anything less than an 'agreement' after all what would it make putin look like!!!

Really? And France or Germany can on behalf of whom?

Uhm, France and Germany are acting as mediators . . . I think the point is we have leader from Ukraine and leader from Russia, but not rebel leader/representative except for Putin. That is unless you think France and Germany are representing the pro-Russian rebels.

:

D;):lol::D:D:D

ukkraine and they do so with the knowledge that their agreement will be honoured.

Putin as a weakening jaded long term nationlistic dictator needs A war anything less would be seen as weakness.

Uhm, France and Germany are acting as mediators . . . I think the point is we have leader from Ukraine and leader from Russia, but not rebel leader/representative except for Putin. That is unless you think France and Germany are representing the pro-Russian rebels.

Not sure about right now, but last year the rebel leader was from Russia, an ex-military type, and taking orders from Putin. So I guess it does make sense for Putin to be negotiating for the rebels. They are, after all, armed, supplied and staffed from Russia.

Rebels, freedom fighters, bandits, terrorists - whatever you want to call them - are real people, real force and must be taken into consideration.

If they choose to be represented by Putin, who has his own agenda with Ukraine - it is their business.

Who supplies their arms is totally irrelevant. In fact Ukraine is openly begging USA and NATO for 'lethal' and defensive arms and nobody point a finger at them.

As to the "Deal" or "Agreement" - the question is "Will it be implemented?" and "For how long?".

The answer to this question is to be found in the future. All agreements are eventually sneezed at.

Meanwhile, the stupid illiterate guys here trying to make Putin look bad should better look at the hard facts:

# calling him "Hitler" was unprofessional - especially now that they run to him to talk.

# he has outmaneuvered the West again - by creating a E.Ukraine war - the Crimea is long forgotten.

# the EU sanctions are the thing of the past - if not already, than very soon.

# yes, he did all the things he is blamed of, he is a very bad guy - but formally, legally, technically his hands are clean.

I hope nobody here will see me as a pro-Putin person.

Rebels, freedom fighters, bandits, terrorists - whatever you want to call them - are real people, real force and must be taken into consideration.

If they choose to be represented by Putin, who has his own agenda with Ukraine - it is their business.

Who supplies their arms is totally irrelevant. In fact Ukraine is openly begging USA and NATO for 'lethal' and defensive arms and nobody point a finger at them.

As to the "Deal" or "Agreement" - the question is "Will it be implemented?" and "For how long?".

The answer to this question is to be found in the future. All agreements are eventually sneezed at.

Meanwhile, the stupid illiterate guys here trying to make Putin look bad should better look at the hard facts:

# calling him "Hitler" was unprofessional - especially now that they run to him to talk.

# he has outmaneuvered the West again - by creating a E.Ukraine war - the Crimea is long forgotten.

# the EU sanctions are the thing of the past - if not already, than very soon.

# yes, he did all the things he is blamed of, he is a very bad guy - but formally, legally, technically his hands are clean.

I hope nobody here will see me as a pro-Putin person.

Of coarse your a putin supporter.

your type of duplicitous nasty logic has been a root tool used by putin and his nasty little gang since they realised unless they go on an aggressive pro nationlistic campaign then they would lose power, and there you have the root of all 5000 plus deaths a politician afraid to relinquish his grip.

You may want to read little more. Rebel leaders were also present and signed the agreement

Poroshenko refused to speak with anyone from the rebel side which probably explains Putin's role.

• Like 1

Not sure about right now, but last year the rebel leader was from Russia, an ex-military type, and taking orders from Putin. So I guess it does make sense for Putin to be negotiating for the rebels. They are, after all, armed, supplied and staffed from Russia.

rebels and the region is mainly russian populated.

Please stop with the same nonsense.

No one to this date provided any evidence of Putin supplying anything.

Nothing but propaganda to justify the sanctions .

I wonder what US will come up with next , should the peace hold.

really,, dont buy the russian bullshit

independant reporters /aid workers and local sare regularly reporting sights of troops and heavy movements ax the border

havnt u noted russians deny anything and everything, thats standard thats their job perhaps yours?
  • Like 1

rebels and the region is mainly russian populated.

Please stop with the same nonsense.

No one to this date provided any evidence of Putin supplying anything.

Nothing but propaganda to justify the sanctions .

I wonder what US will come up with next , should the peace hold.

independant reporters /aid workers and local sare regularly reporting sights of troops and heavy movements ax the border

havnt u noted russians deny anything and everything, thats standard thats their job perhaps yours?

If you're speaking to the poster, I'd have to point out he's the one selling it.

The post doesn't buy in to anything. The post is selling its own manufactured bullshit. The post wants us to buy into it which we don't.

You I and others are in fact the bullshitbusters.

It is well pointed out at the thread that the rebel leader of the rebel forces in the Donbas of Ukraine is himself in person negotiating with the presidents of Ukraine, Germany, France. His name Vlad the rebel leader Putin and he lives in Moscow from where he directs and oversees all "rebel" activities.

• Like 1

When accusing others, whether accurately or inaccurately, it helps to post something that is not true about one's self. I haven't seen that occur.

That is because there is a difference between living in a glass house or not living in a glass house. I don't want to shatter anyone's sensibilities, but everyone sees right through it.

• Like 1

Let's discuss the thread topic.

Great idea!!!! so what are your thoughts on Ukrainian ultranationalist leader rejecting Minsk peace deal and refusing to obey Ukraine’s Defense Ministry and threatening with another coup?

And what are your thoughts on the following statement made by him " Yarosh said President Petro Poroshenko should have turned to the US or UK which “observe a consistent anti-Kremlin policy.”

My thoughts are that the language in the post is how you characterize the people, the places, the events. You know, the post contains the Russian view of it all.

I'm not going to speak about someone you describe as a "Ukrainian ultranationalist leader": who is "rejecting" and "refusing to obey" somebody and is "threatening another coup." I don't know that guy whomever he may be. Maybe it might be a good idea to drop a name in here somewhere while you are piling it on against somebody over there.

Did I mention the rebel leader is in direct personal negotiations with the leaders of Ukraine, Germany, France? And that he is an ultranationalist whose name is Vladimir Putin....and that he rejects, refuses, threatens an awful lot? Maybe I did...doesn't hurt though to insert it another time for good measure.

• Like 1

Bull bull and more bull, none of them provided any evidence and Ukrainian general already confirmed.

The only bullshit is the propaganda you and a few others like to spew.

If Russia was actively involved, as i have said previously too many times, Russian flag would have been waiving on top of Kiev back in April of last year.

And if Russia had any interest in Ukraine, Putin surely would not be wasting 2 days of his life on peace talks, nor would he have been the initiator of previous peace talks

http://www.newsweek.com/russian-tanks-enter-eastern-ukraine-rebel-leader-linked-mh17-disaster-reported-282911

A convoy of 32 Russian tanks, 16 Howitzer artillery guns and 30 lorries full of “arms and reinforcements” has crossed into the Luhansk region of Ukraine, according to Ukrainian authorities.

According to Dmitry Tymchuk from Information Resistance, a Russian army battalion has crossed into Luhansk with the APC column, sent to terminate a small separatist group under the command of former Soviet lieutenant Igor Besler.

Rebel leaders, very nasty:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Girkin

Igor Vsevolodovich Girkin (Russian: И́горь Все́володович Ги́ркин; IPA: [ˈiɡərʲ ˈfsʲɛvələdəvʲɪtɕ ˈɡʲirkʲɪn], Ukrainian: І́гор Все́володович Гі́ркін), also known as Igor Ivanovich Strelkov (Russian: И́горь Ива́нович Стрелко́в; IPA: [ˈiɡərʲ ɪˈvanəvʲɪtɕ strʲɪlˈkof], Ukrainian: Ігор Іванович Стрєлков), born on 17 December 1970,[2] is a Russian citizen from Moscow[3] who played a key role in the War in Donbass as an organizer of Donetsk People's Republic insurgency.[4][5] Strelkov, a Russian nationalistand veteran of several other conflicts, was charged by Ukraine authorities with terrorism[6] and is currently sanctioned by theEuropean Union for his leading role in the insurgency in eastern Ukraine.[7] By his own admission, he served in the RussianFSB until March 2013.[8] Ukrainian and EU authorities have identified him as a retired colonel of the GRU (Russia's external military intelligence organisation) who participated in the 2014 Crimea crisis.[7][9][10]

Russia even admits they lied about their troops being in Crimea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_crisis

Starting on 26 February, as protests gripped Crimea, pro-Russian armed men gradually began to take over the peninsula.[5] Russia initially said that these uniformed militants, termed "little green men" in Ukraine, were "local self-defence forces".[6] However, they later admitted that these were in fact Russian soldiers without insignias, confirming on-the-ground reports of a Russian incursion into Ukraine.[7][8][9][10][11][12][13] By 27 February, the Crimean parliament building had been seized by Russian forces. Russian flags were raised over these buildings, and a self-declared pro-Russian government said that it would hold a referendum on independence from Ukraine.[14] Following that internationally unrecognised referendum, which was held on 16 March, Russia annexed Crimea on 18 March.

More posts violating forum rules have been removed from view. The next member to attack another member will receive a posting holiday, free of charge.

wai2.gif

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Let's discuss the thread topic.

Great idea!!!! so what are your thoughts on Ukrainian ultranationalist leader rejecting Minsk peace deal and refusing to obey Ukraine’s Defense Ministry and threatening with another coup?

And what are your thoughts on the following statement made by him " Yarosh said President Petro Poroshenko should have turned to the US or UK which “observe a consistent anti-Kremlin policy.”

My thoughts are that the language in the post is how you characterize the people, the places, the events. You know, the post contains the Russian view of it all.

I'm not going to speak about someone you describe as a "Ukrainian ultranationalist leader": who is "rejecting" and "refusing to obey" somebody and is "threatening another coup." I don't know that guy whomever he may be. Maybe it might be a good idea to drop a name in here somewhere while you are piling it on against somebody over there.

Did I mention the rebel leader is in direct personal negotiations with the leaders of Ukraine, Germany, France? And that he is an ultranationalist whose name is Vladimir Putin....and that he rejects, refuses, threatens an awful lot? Maybe I did...doesn't hurt though to insert it another time for good measure.

Ohh you need a name to comment, sure.-Dmytro Yarosh

Now, fire away with your thoughtswhistling.gif

Just as I stated days before the parties gathered in Minsk, Putin would by any means necessary secure the important railway junction city of Debaktseve and the industrial city io Mariupol before withdrawing heavy artillery as Putin wanted the line drawn to include these cities and as much territory as possible.

Interesting how the rebels are kicking Ukraine's butt with the aide if sophisticated weaponry that Ukraine has never possessed and that Russia very recently developed.

Washington is starting to release satellite images now because the situation is becoming dire. I am sure the pro-Putin trolls who constantly beg for satelite images will just dismiss these with their usual spin.

If Debatlseve falls and the Minsk deal disintegrates, US and Saudi just need to drop oil back below $ 50 a barrell and keep it there for 3 to 6 months. That is all that is needed to tank Putin's economy and make Russians start questioning his leadership on a very large scale.

---------

MOSCOW The Obama administration on Saturday released satellite images that it said showed that the Russian army had joined rebels to mount a full-scale assault on surrounded government troops in eastern Ukraine, hours before a cease-fire set to take effect at midnight.

A cease-fire deal reached Thursday gave a two-and-a-half day window before the shooting was actually supposed to stop, sparking fears of an uptick in fighting as both sides tried to capture ground. What has actually happened, according to Ukrainian troops, leaders and the United States, is a major offensive on the Ukrainian-held railway hub of Debaltseve. Thousands of Ukrainian soldiers are said to be bunkered there on a spit of land deep in rebel-held territory.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/us-alleges-russian-fighting-in-ukraine-hours-ahead-of-cease-fire/2015/02/14/ae2094fa-cb86-4b5d-b309-b5fe07fba733_story.html

Edited by F430murci

Just as I stated days before the parties gathered in Minsk, Putin would by any means necessary secure the important railway junction city of Debaktseve and the industrial city io Mariupol before withdrawing heavy artillery as Putin wanted the line drawn to include these cities and as much territory as possible.

Interesting how the rebels are kicking Ukraine's butt with the aide if sophisticated weaponry that Ukraine has never possessed and that Russia very recently developed.

Washington is starting to release satellite images now because the situation is becoming dire. I am sure the pro-Putin trolls who constantly beg for satelite images will just dismiss these with their usual spin.

If Debatlseve falls and the Minsk deal disintegrates, US and Saudi just need to drop oil back below $ 50 a barrell and keep it there for 3 to 6 months. That is all that is needed to tank Putin's economy and make Russians start questioning his leadership on a very large scale.

---------

MOSCOW The Obama administration on Saturday released satellite images that it said showed that the Russian army had joined rebels to mount a full-scale assault on surrounded government troops in eastern Ukraine, hours before a cease-fire set to take effect at midnight.

A cease-fire deal reached Thursday gave a two-and-a-half day window before the shooting was actually supposed to stop, sparking fears of an uptick in fighting as both sides tried to capture ground. What has actually happened, according to Ukrainian troops, leaders and the United States, is a major offensive on the Ukrainian-held railway hub of Debaltseve. Thousands of Ukrainian soldiers are said to be bunkered there on a spit of land deep in rebel-held territory.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/us-alleges-russian-fighting-in-ukraine-hours-ahead-of-cease-fire/2015/02/14/ae2094fa-cb86-4b5d-b309-b5fe07fba733_story.html

cheesy.gif

Yes US congressman also provided photo evidence and we know the outcome of thatw00t.gif

After all, Putin is just so stupid in comparison to a bunch of smart men in the White House, that NOT only he would allow them to photograph its military but move it into Ukraine right under a satellite.

Really makes you wonder, how brain washed some Americans are to fall for anything.

Thankfully EU has little more brain and going in the right way about this mess.

Would appear Nazi party leader was correct to state it was better to have US negotiate, because then no ceasefire would ever be reached, US would make sure of it

And just make sure its "appropriate" straight from the horses mouth https://www.facebook.com/dyastrub/posts/782660468477506

I don't think he cares if we see because brainwashed Russians/people like you will believe anything he says . . . although Russians are starting to question the "official" line coming out of Moscow. His focus right now is gaining Debaltseve and perhaps Mariupol by any means possible before there is an actual cease fire.

You completely evade the issue of wether the weapons depicted are Russian and/or weapons of a type that did not exist in the Ukraine prior to this conflict.

Let's talk smarts (This is relevant to Ukraine because Putin can ill afford to permit Ukraine to succeed financially with IMF help while his economy is failing):

Russian economy continues to fail and is facing another possible default in less than 20 years. How many times have the US defaulted?

Russian food prices are soaring (23.8%) due to hyper inflation experienced in certain products this year and Russian food prices are experiencing hyper inflation for a second time in less than 30 years. How many times has the US experienced hyperinflation with food prices?

What is Russian GDP capita? What is US GDP per capita? You have to admit that Russian GDP per capita is pretty pathetic for all of those natural resources in Russia.

Let's talk brain washed:

Every aspect of Russian media and Russia social network is owned, operated and controlled by Putin et al. Please explains how US social media and news networks (especially Fox) are controlled by Obama, especially when they constantly bash Obama and criticize Obama 24/7?

US actually gets both the Russian and the Ukraine version and we are smart enough weed through the bs and employ a little common sense to evaluate the situation.

Nazis part of Ukranians armee (about 13 batalions) told that they would not stop fire

Source? Let me guess, RT?

The major action currently is the intense shelling into Debaltseve and Mariupol by the rebels/Russians.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 1