Feeling sick of the USA, desperately want to return to Thailand

Tai777

I put story out there, and you judged me for it, which is fair game. The reason I put it up was so people could judge me and I could get some varied opinions.

Anyways, I'm not doing it for sex. Ive never been to Jomtien and I don't know where that is. Sex can be found anywhere, I'm not an ugly guy. As for whether I can get it here in the US, I don't see why not, but why would I bother. There's the type you get at a bar, and there's the type you get from making a girl love you. I'm not looking for love here, it doesn't interest me.

This isn't a rip on American women, they're completely fine, but they're not what I want. Do I have some sort of obligation to like the same things you do?

Like I said, I'm not doing it for the riches, nor just sex. I would like to work for the UN if I could but it's not a requirement for me.

My job is just surviving.

First person I have seen in fading memory who actually uses the "you're" correctly

This is very American

BTW,

Why isa young guy baiting people on Thai visa about Thailand after he claims to be from Thailand?

This is off the reality grid for me.

Thai women that are easy to get in bed?

Not if your skin is white and they know you're American, then, they are suddenly all virtuous and prude like, invoking Thai culture (w/e) that is,

And think sex is only for the one they love

BTW, according to the recent polls,

Thailand has more infidelity than any other co u nt ry, in the world

So, please clarify Thai culture as, all I see are VIP signs, everywhere

Look, I'm not baiting anyone and I don't have any problem with you.

Yes, I must have used the wrong words to describe that.

Thai culture has always been this way. The only thing that changed was its exterior.

So no, Thai women have not lost their culture, really.

About the infidelity, I knew that.

Thailand used to be a much more heterogeneous country, and in a lot of the areas women wouldn't give up her virginity to you before marriage. A certain part of the culture has gotten stronger. Let's just put it that way. Northern Thai, Isan, Central Thai, Khmer and other cultures of the kingdom used to be much farther apart than they are now.

Modern technology and "Thaification" has kind of infused Central Thai culture into all of these.

I don't want to go to Thailand so I can have a Thai girl anyways, so why are you trying to pick a fight with me?

I said I want a Myanmar woman, or maybe an ethnic minority from the north.

ผมไม่ได้โกหกนะครับ ผมมาจากเมืองไทยจริงๆ จะโกหกทำไม

Edited by Tai777

I have no idea what you are talking about, I'm not English and I don't really understand English humor.

All I'm doing is expressing my thoughts on here.

I didn't force anyone to reply, and they don't have to if they don't want to.

I put myself out there to be judged, so you have the right to judge me, but people should keep it civil instead of going off on a raging rant.

Sure, I've had some Thai females want me. It depends on their age, status and other factors.

Do you expect all Thai women in Thailand to want me? Come on.

Why would I want all Thai women to want me, when I don't even want them?

I'm not looking to be someone's personal bank.

Whether Thai women wanted me or didn't want me, I'd go for the Myanmar women, or maybe Lao women.

If it doesn't work I can just break it off and go back to my old life.

I didn't say I would never continue my education.

I've been with Thai girls, and they are too status conscious, and they just aren't my thing.

I'm not a rich spoiled brat, I don't come from prestige, and I just all around don't care for such people.

If you don't believe I am Thai, just tell me to write anything in Thai and I'll write it for you.

To the post above, of course I don't want to spank my monkey. Would you rather have sex with a real woman or spank your monkey?

So, why does that have to be a Thai woman?

Just because I want to come to Thailand doesn't mean I want a Thai woman.

I also just want to have sex with someone that I love, is there something wrong with that?

I'm not one of those moral warriors who look down on people who marry prostitutes.

Just do whatever makes you happy.

So what's the problem here?

Edited by Tai777

Right now I live with my mom, she is working here but she wants to go back in a couple of years and I go to school for free. At first I was super-motivated to be an engineer or something, but now I lost all that and I just want to learn some useful skills such as fixing autos, I don't have any passion left for school.

I am an engineer and I believe I have a lot of useful skills. But I understand your desire for vocational things. Thousands of hours in a library wrestling with calculus or kinematics or Fourier transforms is not everybody's cup of tea. Modern autos are getting very complex with internal data networks, data busses, and some new cars already have "fly by wire" steering systems, not to mention the electronic and engine control systems they use. I haven't seen a rotating distributor, or even a distributor like my the old 1968 ford I grew up with had. Learning and acquiring skills or knowledge that somebody wants to pay you for is not easy and not necessarily cheap either. Those various technical institutes, Devry, et al make a lot of money by helping people get loans.

Bottom line is don't sell yourself short. If you go for the routine less management types of jobs, you will be paid like that

Right now I live with my mom, she is working here but she wants to go back in a couple of years and I go to school for free. At first I was super-motivated to be an engineer or something, but now I lost all that and I just want to learn some useful skills such as fixing autos, I don't have any passion left for school.

I am an engineer and I believe I have a lot of useful skills. But I understand your desire for vocational things. Thousands of hours in a library wrestling with calculus or kinematics or Fourier transforms is not everybody's cup of tea. Modern autos are getting very complex with internal data networks, data busses, and some new cars already have "fly by wire" steering systems, not to mention the electronic and engine control systems they use. I haven't seen a rotating distributor, or even a distributor like my the old 1968 ford I grew up with had. Learning and acquiring skills or knowledge that somebody wants to pay you for is not easy and not necessarily cheap either. Those various technical institutes, Devry, et al make a lot of money by helping people get loans.

Bottom line is don't sell yourself short. If you go for the routine less management types of jobs, you will be paid like that

Thanks, I appreciate your advice. That's the whole reason I started this thread-to get advice from people with experience like yourself.

I know the world is getting increasingly computerized, but I was just playing with some ideas.

I might go back to the drawing board on this one.

Thanks, though. I mean it.

You must have a smart phone, as I've never seen so many 1 to 1 answers!

Plenty Asians in Hawaii, and Hawaii Island is still very rural..

I would definitely check it out on the way back Westward..

Aloha

. They're Their There

. There, now is that so bad?

I'm not going to Thailand just yet because I get free money here in America, haha..

I get paid to go to school here, you know, financial aid.

And I get to learn new things.

I don't just speak Thai. I can also speak Khmer and Lao, because I am from Isaan.

I don't even like the way Thai women look, especially southern Isaan women. They come from a Khmer stock. They look plain ugly to me.

I guess the most beautiful people in Thailand would be the Hmongs, since they look somewhat lighter skinned and Chinese.

Lao girls are also way better looking than Thai girls, and lighter skinned in general.

Lao PDR anyone?

Edited by Tai777

And I do appreciate the advice, but what some people have said I believe to be simply not true. Making about 30k baht/mo is enough for me. It's not really about the money.

I don't have to live in a condo w/ A/C and hot water, I can live just like a Thai and save money, plus I have my own house. The reason I enjoy southeast Asia is because I want to learn all the languages and I'm just interested in Myanmar and Laos and all the subcultures. It may sound strange but i quite like linguistics more than engineering.

Change your degree.

Study anthropology or linguistics / languages instead.

Tai777:

Have you made up your mind to stay put, continue working on your

schooling, & cope with whatever one's got to cope with back in the US?

If you're certain that coming to Thailand is the right thing to do at this time,

post back.

We need someone like yourself at our secondary school here in Esaan.

Someone sincere, friendly & intelligent who could teach Maths & General

Science, English medium.

We are just what you say. We've got water ... most of the time. We've got

internet ... most of the time. We've got electricity ... most of the time.

The Lao border is 14 k away.

Judging by the way you express your thoughts, you're probably a kind of

person our children & villagers would quickly grow to like, & easily relate to.

• Like 2

Tai777:

Have you made up your mind to stay put, continue working on your

schooling, & cope with whatever one's got to cope with back in the US?

If you're certain that coming to Thailand is the right thing to do at this time,

post back.

We need someone like yourself at our secondary school here in Esaan.

Someone sincere, friendly & intelligent who could teach Maths & General

Science, English medium.

We are just what you say. We've got water ... most of the time. We've got

internet ... most of the time. We've got electricity ... most of the time.

The Lao border is 14 k away.

Judging by the way you express your thoughts, you're probably a kind of

person our children & villagers would quickly grow to like, & easily relate to.

Sure thing. I am coming, just not until I finish learning some skills and get some qualifications. Will you still be there in a couple of years?

Free money in USA..... Another foreigner prostituting the USA generosity

There is no further good will coming your way from this American

And a Thai putting down Thai women from the very same area that stocks the bangkok brothels that serve mostly Thais.

its not even believable anymore nothing you say makes any sense

I'm staying, like I said, until I see some progress in my life. I'm not going to rush off and go now.

I'm not taking advantage of the US government. I get financial aid for school.

I wasn't insulting those Isaan women either, I just said that they are ugly looking to me. (Well most of them)

• Like 1

if you are bored take different courses

giving up at 22 on school is only good when you already have a career path or you fall into something as a result of being active in one or more occupations

very few people know what they want to do at the age of 22

most of us older guys bounced around from one job to the next until we found something we either like or we learn we were good at

take more classes and challenge yourself

because you speak Thai and don't have to jump through hoops to go back to Thailand it would be a good idea for you to find something that helps you get back to Thailand when you are older or because it's a business necessity

other than all of the above let me suggest that you hook yourself up with people in Thailand who are thi who may need contacts like you in the US

yep...same for me.

wish i can turn back the clock..lol...

Knowing I'd be more secure in the USA, are there any jobs I could take that would allow me to go to Asia 1-2 months a year? This should be enough for me as I dont have to spend all my time there.

President of the United States.

You could play an inordinate amount of golf, too, while the world goes to hell in a hand basket.

Or maybe just move to a northern state, and become a carpenter.

• Like 1

Knowing I'd be more secure in the USA, are there any jobs I could take that would allow me to go to Asia 1-2 months a year? This should be enough for me as I dont have to spend all my time there.

Talk to a career counselor. There are many multinationals in Thailand. I have a friend who just finished a career with a multinational and he rotated in and out between San Francisco and London because he liked it and it paid well.

Many multinationals in Thailand would love to have an educated person who is fluent in both languages and who has the education. If you get the job US based and then get transferred to Thailand you'll get paid a lot more than if you get hired in Thailand. You'd get out of area subsidies and so on. My friend was given free quality housing, a car and expenses, overseas differential, free flights and so on.

There are guys on this forum doing that.

Just do it man. The rest of us never had what you have but would have killed for it, LOL.

Or as someone said open an engineering office and advertise US quality and schooling and English skills and watch the money roll in.

Just keep on plugging and the opportunities will be there.

Stay in school for a worthwhile degree. You are at a critical age to get that done and reap the rewards.

School financial aid must be repaid and they will take unpaid loan balances out of any social security benefit you earn if you fail to pay government sponsored loans back. Such loans cannot be dismissed in bankruptcy. If someone like your Mom cosigns the loans they will make her pay it back or withhold it from her social security. It's not free money to burn and has strings attached. Someone here might be able to comment on how the US may disapprove passports or Visas for someone who won't pay back government sponsored student loans.

Sacrifice some now to learn something that will pay you and your family the rest of your life.