Reconciliation can only happen within principles of law: Prayut

Lite Beer

Reconciliation can only happen within principles of law: Prayut

BANGKOK: -- National reconciliation has to take into consideration the principles of law, otherwise Thailand will run into problems, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said in his weekly televised address Friday evening.

"All rules need to be considered. If we only concern ourselves with reconciliation without principles then we will have problems with the law. Amnesty also needs to be based on law. Many of these affairs involve the laws of the country. If true reconciliation is to be achieved, I suggest the first thing would be to cut down on derogatory accusations and let everything be processed systematically.

"Do not make judgements or turn personal bias into reason. It could be someone you like personally, but if the person has done wrong, then they are guilty. This person should learn to improve themselves in the future. Certain developments are setting the benchmark for the country and for everybody who will come in and administer the state," he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Reconciliation-can-only-happen-within-principles-o-30254595.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-02-20

• Like 1

Well done PM. I can see this is why he is the most popular PM in the last decade...

The rule of law is paramount and is why the coup was necessary. To remove powers that refused to apply those rules against terrorists.

He really does need to employ Robert Amsterdam though to polish up his speeches and highlight the reasons for the coup and express how the rule of law was abused previously.

TROLL

Pot, Kettle, Black.

• Like 2

The next elections are to take place in early 2016.
What's been a year in the time history?
We will see.
Today I saw his speech, with english subtitles.
Was quite interesting.
He talked about many problems such as water supply, prices of agricultural products, legislation, service obligations for state employees, etc.

When 'waitforusalso' and 'plowman' are the new guys sent to us by the Shins'/PTP/UDD/reds PR and propaganda team, we'll (I for sure) end up regretting the ol'guys of yore... Or are it the same guys with a new alias? Nooo, can't be, the previous ones had, though distorted and biased, for sure some brains of their own, and for a small group even opinions of their own, which made it a valid reason to enter into an exchange with them.

Maybe there's a parallel to be made, just on that matter, with the evolution of the mindset of guys who believed in a small man with a funny moustache, from the 1930s towards 1945. And what became of them when more and more signs were revealing a defeat was in the make, attempting to escape the unavoidable penalty for what they had done, by sinking even deeper into their aberrations?

Would the partisans of the 'Thaksin regime' here become the feeling the end is near, that 'judgement day' is coming, to write such vindicative nonsense?

• Like 1

When 'waitforusalso' and 'plowman' are the new guys sent to us by the Shins'/PTP/UDD/reds PR and propaganda team, we'll (I for sure) end up regretting the ol'guys of yore... Or are it the same guys with a new alias? Nooo, can't be, the previous ones had, though distorted and biased, for sure some brains of their own, and for a small group even opinions of their own, which made it a valid reason to enter into an exchange with them.

Maybe there's a parallel to be made, just on that matter, with the evolution of the mindset of guys who believed in a small man with a funny moustache, from the 1930s towards 1945. And what became of them when more and more signs were revealing a defeat was in the make, attempting to escape the unavoidable penalty for what they had done, by sinking even deeper into their aberrations?

Would the partisans of the 'Thaksin regime' here become the feeling the end is near, that 'judgement day' is coming, to write such vindicative nonsense?

unfortunately that will go straight over Fathaggis's head. He needs to have names apparently of who you are referring to.

Don;t forget there maybe 20 000 people that have a funny moustache, from the 1930s towards 1945.

Fathaggis said it. Not me.

PTP logic from a DEM supporter. Who would have thought!

unfortunately that will go straight over Fathaggis's head. He needs to have names apparently of who you are referring to.

Don;t forget there maybe 20 000 people that have a funny moustache, from the 1930s towards 1945.

OK, but only for the (absent?) Fatty then, and as a Thai avoiding calomny: his name starts with an 'H', and people in his street called him 'Adolf'...

OK, but only for the (absent?) Fatty then, and as a Thai avoiding calomny: his name starts with an 'H', and people in his street called him 'Adolf'...

We better stop this communications before the conspiracy theorists say we are one and the same people...

If they think floods are responsible for a reduction in terrorism I hate to think what they will say about us!!!

Bangkok had become a war zone? I am sure a fair few Ukrainians would take delight in spitting in your face for that comment. I used to go through during the night of the unrest and it was nothing like a war zone.

• Like 1

Bangkok had become a war zone? I am sure a fair few Ukrainians would take delight in spitting in your face for that comment. I used to go through during the night of the unrest and it was nothing like a war zone.
But I bet it's actually better now, right?

Better than what? The unrest was mainly confined to a few parts of a few neighbourhoods, transport was running, there was food in the shops, water and electricity supplies functioning, embassies were not recalling staff... Not exactly Donetsk or Aleppo, was it, despite what the usual suspects on here would have us believe...

Yes it's much better now.

We had thousands of protestors with weapons. Shootings, bombings, roadblocks, snipers, angry farmers, protesting monks, monks who got beaten up, and so on.

Now 600 billion baht is missing only on the ricescam, there are plenty more scams to be discovered.

The police did nothing to protect civilians, they just did what they always did, extorting people.

There was no other way out then this option. Or many more people would have lost their lives.

What's so democratic about buying votes for 500 baht and then stealing it back? And how many billions does it take to make some family's happy? It's an endless story.

I hope the corruption will be stopped now, police reorganised (replaced), new rules new game. Without the army the old game will be played again after 3 days.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well done PM. I can see this is why he is the most popular PM in the last decade...

The rule of law is paramount and is why the coup was necessary. To remove powers that refused to apply those rules against terrorists.

He really does need to employ Robert Amsterdam though to polish up his speeches and highlight the reasons for the coup and express how the rule of law was abused previously.

Your understanding of truth, honesty and logic are certainly unique Jamie. You said a while back that the coup made the country a better place to raise a child - one hopes when you are teaching him/her those ethics and standards you point to yourself as an example to avoid.

The next elections are to take place in early 2016.
What's been a year in the time history?

We will see.

Today I saw his speech, with english subtitles.

Was quite interesting.
He talked about many problems such as water supply, prices of agricultural products, legislation, service obligations for state employees, etc.

A year? The coup took place on May 22, 2014 which is getting on for two years ago. Elections were promised for 2015, but have now been moved to 2016. When that eventually arrives on our doorstep, they'll no doubt be moved again to the following year.

As for the talk of the utilities and the cost of agricultural products etc., etc., is all just so much rhetoric for the benefit of TV audiences. The military continues to crackdown on dissent and in doing so, the country is gradually leaning towards authoritarianism.

• Like 2

Is it permissible to ignore the rule of law again those who violate the rule of law?

No! There can be no exception and no compromise on the principle of the rule of law.

If that is so, the general should he be put in prison for high treason?