Ko Tao topic stuffed

boomerangutang

I, for one, am disappointed the Ko Tao thread has been locked. It's an outlet for many posters' frustration, and there are some new bits of info posted there every day or so.

Imagine there was a heinous crime in Thailand, and there were a slew of indications that it was a cover-up. Should everyone just sit politely with their hands in their laps and say, "Oh well, this is Thailand. They do things differently here. Shucks."

....plus, two young men are facing death penalty for something they probably didn't do. It's news, even if it didn't happen yesterday.

• Like 1

Is there a rule about how many your allowed? I think the excuse of defamation laws was a bit weak. Isnt the job of the MODS to clean up these posts.

This is news..International news!!

Oh well! This not discuss something that could of affected one of our loved ones and is important. Back to "Is my GF different?" and "Where can i find the best Pizza, burger etc in Chiang mai?"facepalm.gif

• Like 1

I am assuming that the admins are trying to protect the website. Thailand has very strict defamation laws and posters were repeatedly accusing people of being involved.

If you were thus accused and in Thailand what would you do after the trial is over? It could be a great revenue stream going after the people that defamed you (and websites which allowed it)

I am assuming that the admins are trying to protect the website. Thailand has very strict defamation laws and posters were repeatedly accusing people of being involved.

If you were thus accused and in Thailand what would you do after the trial is over? It could be a great revenue stream going after the people that defamed you (and websites which allowed it)

If the Mods clean up the posts as they do there would be no evidence to to use! Im pretty sure the people mentioned or most Thai people in general do not read TV.

If TV are worried about this then the Thai population who are writing on FB should be worried. Lets be honest...Nobody is going to anything about it. The headmans threats came to nothing.

Like i said "Weak" IMHO

20 topics about Koh Tao, do we need another one?

Perhaps there were near 20,but that's indicative of the keen interest the topic sparked. Those paying attention would see that there was but one thread focusing on that topic, for the past 2 months or so. The other 19 faded. However, the one thread that was left, was still popular - consistently showing in the top 5 spots of 'Thailand News.' ...then poof, gone in a keystroke.

As for worries about defamation: I agree that's a concern in Thailand. Thai big shots took the notion of 'defamation lawsuits' from the Americans (who they take so many other trends from), and lowered it down a few notches. Indeed, that's why there are no debates among political candidates (televised or otherwise) during Thai election campaigns - ...because everyone is spooked about defamation suits.

It's regrettable that Thaivisa has to look over their shoulder re; defamation suits. It's a reflection of one of the dark sides of Thai society and the mind-set of politically and/or rich power brokers here.

I know I've been vocal in my concerns about the Ko Tao crime. Even so, I attempt to couch everything I write in 'conditional' phrasing. In other words, instead of writing: "Mister X is guilty", I'll write; "It appears Mr. X is guilty." I admit, sometimes I slip up, but my only excuse is: I'm passionate about this case and the need for pursuance of justice. I don't want to see yet another son of a rich Thai man get excused from doing a dire crime because his father is rich and well-connected. Basta! Enough already!

Is there a rule about how many your allowed? I think the excuse of defamation laws was a bit weak. Isnt the job of the MODS to clean up these posts.

This is news..International news!!

Oh well! This not discuss something that could of affected one of our loved ones and is important. Back to "Is my GF different?" and "Where can i find the best Pizza, burger etc in Chiang mai?"facepalm.gif

"Is there a rule about how many your allowed? "

There is something called common sense.

Aside from that, this topic has no place in Forum Support Desk and is also not necessary in any other forum. The reason for the closure of the topic in question has been clearly stated in that topic.

mfr_closed1.gif