What bike(s) are you currently riding?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I currently riding this CB650F, but just started the selling process. I want more POWER! Has anyone tested both the Z800 and CB650F. Is there a significant power difference

Is it worth selling the Honda? I'm also toying with the idea of buying the GSXS 1000, but it's a hefty price tag on that bike. My Honda is for sale at 228,000.

post-241262-0-12798000-1455586599_thumb.

Nice I got exactly the same bike and same colors too.

How much for the side bags?

You 1st photo is waaay too big man, they should only be app 1040 wide.rolleyes.gif ohh the photo has just been removed because of size, well well

The bags were 24k Baht its great how Kawasaki has the mounts built into the frame so there is no need to have ugly brackets ruining the look of the bike when the bags are not attached.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/822892-kawasaki-hard-bags-for-2015-versys-650/

I currently riding this CB650F, but just started the selling process. I want more POWER! Has anyone tested both the Z800 and CB650F. Is there a significant power difference

Is it worth selling the Honda? I'm also toying with the idea of buying the GSXS 1000, but it's a hefty price tag on that bike. My Honda is for sale at 228,000.

The Z800 has noticably more power/torque. 115HP vs 86HP, 83Nm vs 63Nm. But it is heavy with 231kg and comes without ABS which for me is a deal breaker. It's a bit dated and I think there'll be an update to it this or next year.

There is no direct competitor but for 50k more (435k) you could get an MT09 which has the same HP, bit more peak torque and lots more torque down low compared to the Z800. It's also a whopping 40kg lighter!

Might need a bit more investment into suspension/seat if that turns out to be a problem for you but otherwise people are raving about it.

The only real issue is dealership support. You'll have to research that if there is a good one near you.

The Z800 has noticably more power/torque. 115HP vs 86HP, 83Nm vs 63Nm. But it is heavy with 231kg and comes without ABS which for me is a deal breaker. It's a bit dated and I think there'll be an update to it this or next year.

There is no direct competitor but for 50k more (435k) you could get an MT09 which has the same HP, bit more peak torque and lots more torque down low compared to the Z800. It's also a whopping 40kg lighter!

Might need a bit more investment into suspension/seat if that turns out to be a problem for you but otherwise people are raving about it.

The only real issue is dealership support. You'll have to research that if there is a good one near you.

I put on a larger gear in the rear today, went up two teeth. The front tire now comes off the ground around 7000rpm in first. It pull noticeably harder. I'm not sure where the speed is registered on the Honda, but I reached 238 today, which I was never able to do with the stock gear. Moreover, I was able to access more of the RPM range at top speed. The power band is closer at any given range, giving the bike a healthier kick. Freeway cruising feels nearly the same, not annoying whatsoever. I generally travel at 120-130kph. I'd recommend the larger gear to anyone looking for more out of their CB650. The gold sprocket looks cool too.

I'm Korat, so I stopped into the Yamaha dealership several weeks ago. One of the mechanics let me ride his MT09. It was WAY torquier than the CB, as you'd expect. It ergos didn't feel as good in my opinion, too upright. On my CB I took the handlebar off the CB500, it's a lower bar and gives the CB650F a sportier feels. That being said, the MT09 feels comfortable just not in the way that I prefer. It was very snappy--quick bike for sure.

You 1st photo is waaay too big man, they should only be app 1040 wide.rolleyes.gif ohh the photo has just been removed because of size, well well

The bags were 24k Baht its great how Kawasaki has the mounts built into the frame so there is no need to have ugly brackets ruining the look of the bike when the bags are not attached.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/822892-kawasaki-hard-bags-for-2015-versys-650/

Thanks man, so those bags are 28lit, are they big enough you think? I am sometimes doing touring 1 man up only.

They can be mounted direct without any additional brackets at all?

If yes on both accounts I better get them after next 2 month overseas work.

I put on a larger gear in the rear today, went up two teeth. The front tire now comes off the ground around 7000rpm in first. It pull noticeably harder. I'm not sure where the speed is registered on the Honda, but I reached 238 today, which I never did with the stock gear. It would've kept climbing, but I don't like being up around those speeds for too long. Moreover, I was able to access more of the RPM range at top speed. The power band is closer at any given range, giving the bike a healthier kick. Freeway cruising feels nearly the same, not annoying whatsoever. I generally travel at 120-130kph. I'd recommend the larger gear to anyone looking for more out of their CB650. The gold sprocket looks cool too.

I'm Korat, so I stopped into the Yamaha dealership several weeks ago. One of the mechanics let me ride his MT09. It was WAY torquier than the CB, as you'd expect. It ergos didn't feel as good in my opinion, too upright. On my CB I took the handlebar off the CB500, it's a lower bar and gives the CB650F a sportier feels. That being said, the MT09 feels comfortable just not in the way that I prefer. It was very snappy--quick bike for sure.

Ah, just a note here. I bought my CB from Honda Big Wing in Korat. I've had all my services done there and bought varies aftermarket parts, jacket, helmet, ect. The service from those guys is the best service I've had ANYWHERE in Thailand. They're really on the ball. The store is large, clean with a good selection of bikes and parts. There's also a cafe in the building. It's superior to the other shops here in Korat, Yamaha's shop would be the second nicest store here in town.

My Chinese junk to start with(I won't include the Yamaha Spark for the missus),for messing around locally on.

And then a 1970 Triumph T100c,I took it up to the Vintage bike show at Srinakarin Dam,near Kanchanaburi in Nov and now under restoration.

post-99099-14556385240328_thumb.jpg

post-99099-14556386441064_thumb.jpg

post-99099-14556387673533_thumb.jpg

Thanks man, so those bags are 28lit, are they big enough you think? I am sometimes doing touring 1 man up only.

They can be mounted direct without any additional brackets at all?

If yes on both accounts I better get them after next 2 month overseas work.

Big enough depends on what you want to take. I only fill one case with clothes and toiletries and the other with my computer and still had plenty of room. If I took the wife with me she might need more room but I will make her wear a back pack :-)

Yes they mount directly with no addition brackets needed, also your bike key will be matched to the locks on the bag.

Maz3.

Check the engine no's and manufacturing dates. From your pics i can't make out if it's the later model with ball timing side mains, in which case you are A OK. If it's the earlier T100 or 5TA model with T/S crank mains bush - buyer beware, and keep an eye on it, oil pressure and cleanliness are critical.

Edit, if it's a '70, should be ball and roller mains - good.

Yes it is,according to the VMCC made April 1970 and shipped to the USA. It's a matching numbers T100c(had the wrong exhausts on),now striped right back to the frame and slowly being rebuilt.

Archived