Couple sentenced to 18 months imprisonment for forest encroachment

webfact

IT'S A GOOD NEWS story....without the happy ending that justice will be served in the short term and possibly never in the long run. There must be a word to describe that???

Ah, THAINESS!

Till we actualy see them in jail. Believe nothing. Remember the famous Chonbury godfather who went on the run for 10 years. And all the time he had being living at home.!

Somethings wrong.

The murderer is still living at his family compound with the Pattaya Mayor and his other relatives in government, protecting him from his court ordered jail term.

Double standards.

And what about the Army General that was caught with a house in the national forest? How much time in jailing did he get? O. You say he never went to court........A huh....just a mistake..allright... Thats right, He is on the Privy Council.Untouchable..

We can still lock up the enemies of the Army though....[/quote. Haven't heard anything on the politician who gunned down his ex wife and her boyfriend in Tesco Lotus, I guess it's not as bad as encroachment.

• Like 1

wow, seems that they are finally really coming down/jailing these people but the fines are pretty pathetic, they should be seizing all their assets and selling them to compensate for all the damage and financial gains they have made.

I think this is a very naive interpretation of what is happening. Look into the background of the case, look at the map and then look at how much land the army "owns or controls" in that area and I think you'lll come to a very different appraisal of what is actually happening there.

Does "naive interpretetation" mean he doesn't buy your conspiracy theory? Have you any proof that these people are actually innocent, or are you claiming that the bias of those pressing charges is more important than the crime?

Conspiracy? oh dear! - If you have to ask these sort of questions, all it shows is how little you understand of what is happening in Thailand nowadays.

Edited by cumgranosalum
  • Like 1

Till we actualy see them in jail. Believe nothing. Remember the famous Chonbury godfather who went on the run for 10 years. And all the time he had being living at home.!

Somethings wrong.

The murderer is still living at his family compound with the Pattaya Mayor and his other relatives in government, protecting him from his court ordered jail term.

Double standards.

And what about the Army General that was caught with a house in the national forest? How much time in jailing did he get? O. You say he never went to court........A huh....just a mistake..allright... Thats right, He is on the Privy Council.Untouchable..

We can still lock up the enemies of the Army though....[/quote. Haven't heard anything on the politician who gunned down his ex wife and her boyfriend in Tesco Lotus, I guess it's not as bad as encroachment.

although this is an example of how poorly justice and law enforcement work in Thailand, it isn't actually particularly relevant to this particular case which is more to do with the WFC and who controls the land around it.

How can you not like this news?

It's good news but it is only 2 out of how many? Is it that he served under the Shin administration?

No.

While many news articles do appear to have some aspects of breaking down Thaksin's support base of influential people ; this seems to be related to the events in the South.

........ .................................it isn't actually particularly relevant to this particular case which is more to do with the WFC and who controls the land around it.

Thats as clear as mud to me - can you tell us?

sincerely

........ .................................it isn't actually particularly relevant to this particular case which is more to do with the WFC and who controls the land around it.

sincerely

No - I'm not going to spell it out - if you want to understand this discussion in any meaningful way you need to do some research and familiarise yourself with both Thai history and Thai politics - if you had done this you wouldn't need to ask

I think this is a very naive interpretation of what is happening. Look into the background of the case, look at the map and then look at how much land the army "owns or controls" in that area and I think you'lll come to a very different appraisal of what is actually happening there.

Does "naive interpretetation" mean he doesn't buy your conspiracy theory? Have you any proof that these people are actually innocent, or are you claiming that the bias of those pressing charges is more important than the crime?

Conspiracy? oh dear! - If you have to ask these sort of questions, all it shows is how little you understand of what is happening in Thailand nowadays.

I am aware of their severed connections, and their loss of 'protected' status. Does that make them any less guilty of the charges?

sincerely

No - I'm not going to spell it out - if you want to understand this discussion in any meaningful way you need to do some research and familiarise yourself with both Thai history and Thai politics - if you had done this you wouldn't need to ask

I think thats revealing - but I will not push it "cowslip"

I am aware of their severed connections, and their loss of 'protected' status. Does that make them any less guilty of the charges?

You obviously aren't aware of the concept (tort) of malicious or selective prosecution.

• Like 1

If for one moment I thought this prosecution had anything to do with conservation, saving forests or the environment then I might consider it a step in the right direction.......but I'm not that naive

• Like 1

Is there a "grass 'em up" email address for reporting National Park boundary infringements ?

I'm guessing that you'd find the majority of questionable "developments" or other encroachments are actually part of army "needs" - so your protests would be quite likely to fall on deaf ears.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...