Prayut says his govt uses new way of budget planning

Lite Beer

Prayut says his govt uses new way of budget planning

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said Friday that his government has implemented new budget planning that involves additional disbursement measures.

He said the government wants to improve accessibility, equality, transparency and efficiency of the budget disbursment.

He listed the four aspects involved in the making of the fiscal year 2015 budget as following:

1) Each project has been clearly defined since the drafting of the Annual Expenditure Budget Act for fiscal year 2015. Details of projects by local administrations were also included - this has never been done before. This change was meant to induce greater transparency and accountability, and better use of budget in each locality.

2) The disbursement target, at 92%, has been set higher than in all previous years to stimulate rapid disbursement by all sectors. As much as 42.55% of the budget has already been disbursed at the end of February, 2015. The disbursement target of 55% by the end of quarter 2 is expected to be reached.

3) Provincial-level committees, chaired by the provincial governor, have been set up to quickly approve budgets for each locality and to inspect and take responsibility for disbursements to various projects.

4) There exist measures to generate local employment and aid farmers, which lends to the direct flow of budget into the hands of people within each locale.

As for the various delays in disbursement, the Interior Ministry, the Comptroller General's Department, the Bureau of the Budget and all relevant agencies have been told to lessen the time associated with each disbursement and project approval, albeit not at the cost of transparency. Provincial governors have been tasked with expediting and monitoring the said affairs.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Prayut-says-his-govt-uses-new-way-of-budget-planni-30255529.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-06

Yeah, right. They have sacked all that were associated with the past regime, and don't have the skill capacity to hear advice on developing new projects.

So in other words, they are not spending any money on new projects as they don't have the people capable of doing the work.

.........are you saying that Yingluck and her motley crew of abject, corrupt fraudsters and Thaksin's police cadet mates and personal servants had Skills?cheesy.gifcheesy.gif.

Do me a favour!!!

Of course they had skills, just look at their bank accounts

• Like 2

Yeah, right. They have sacked all that were associated with the past regime, and don't have the skill capacity to hear advice on developing new projects.

So in other words, they are not spending any money on new projects as they don't have the people capable of doing the work.

Don't know how you worked that one out, the same Governors are there, that's the ones appointed by the PT Govt, the same civil servants except for a few who have been moved out.

But they no longer have a finance minister who tells lies so that should help with the transparency angle.

I didn't work it out? I read news articles other than the 'Nation' and personal comments on TV.

The General is paranoid about information getting back to the old regime. What have Governor’s got to do with the people that give advice on infrastructure projects?

.........are you saying that Yingluck and her motley crew of abject, corrupt fraudsters and Thaksin's police cadet mates and personal servants had Skills?cheesy.gifcheesy.gif.

Do me a favour!!!

Just off the plane?

You will endear yourself on TV with others that are ill-informed about what is going on in Thailand.

Do me a favour!!!

Just off the plane?

You will endear yourself on TV with others that are ill-informed about what is going on in Thailand.

No!!, been here 7 years.

Hasn't anyone told you about Yingluck's (Thaksin's) rice scam and how it has cost Thailand 600 billion baht? That was very skilfully orchestrated by these expert ministers.

God knows what would have happened if they had got their hands on the 2 trillion baht that was going to take 50 years to clear. They even tried to remove the checks and balances so that it would get to them - but failed, thank god.

I assume that because you can write that you can read also!!! Why don't you practice it a bit more often to keep up with things.

Edited by lucky11
  • Like 2

Do me a favour!!!

Just off the plane?

No!!, been here 7 years.

Hasn't anyone told you about Yingluck's (Thaksin's) rice scam and how it has cost Thailand 600 billion baht? That was very skilfully orchestrated by these expert ministers.

God knows what would have happened if they had got their hands on the 2 trillion baht that was going to take 50 years to clear. They even tried to remove the checks and balances so that it would get to them - but failed, thank god.

I assume that because you can write that you can read also!!! Why don't you practice it a bit more often to keep up with things.

So why haven't any significant capital projects begun? The General keeps saying they are going to do this and that, but nothing has begun?

There is no need to become personal. I just looked at when you became a member on TV?

There is a lot said on TV. A lot unqualified. Ministers usually are not experts? They are appointed usually because of their affiliation towards the incumbent.

The 'Nation' being the main contributor to news feeds here on TV has a soft ear to things actually going on in Thailand; its reports are sympathetic to the current regime. Therefore if this is where you are getting feed on what is happening, it won’t be telling you too much. I say this even though you have been here 7 years, you are new here on TV.

Ministers are only rubber stamps. It’s the people in the back rooms that work on the decision making process. These are the senior people that have been removed.

Do me a favour!!!

Just off the plane?

So you believe Yingluck and the cabinet appointed by her brother, the non elected criminal fugitive, which included his cousin (who admitted he wasn't qualified for the job), a finance minister who thinks lying is o k, Plod the scientific genius who thinks protesters are garbage and says so, and that erstwhile drunk Chalerm who got pissed in Malaysia at an important meeting all have the required skills for office?

Interesting. A member for over 9 years, less than 2k posts - yep, you must be really well informed. Just like keeping it to yourself eh?

• Like 2

Do me a favour!!!

Just off the plane?

So you believe Yingluck and the cabinet appointed by her brother, the non elected criminal fugitive, which included his cousin (who admitted he wasn't qualified for the job), a finance minister who thinks lying is o k, Plod the scientific genius who thinks protesters are garbage and says so, and that erstwhile drunk Chalerm who got pissed in Malaysia at an important meeting all have the required skills for office?

Interesting. A member for over 9 years, less than 2k posts - yep, you must be really well informed. Just like keeping it to yourself eh?

Never said any of that dribble.

Just saying what was reported.

Your verboseness only communicates your one eyed support for the current regime. My post was in reply to the op and from what has been reported from other news organisations.

The rhetoric about red and yellow is very subjective. To draw a post into the argument only highlights your obsession with one side and one’s own self-importance. I don't support either colour.

So what are the significant projects that have been commenced?

I might be new, but it doesn't mean that I have not had a bit of experience on forums.

There is nothing to argue about really. Look at it this way - a cowardly fugitive has governed/ruled for 12 out of the past 14 years (in numerous differing guises with his proxy PM's after he did a runner). Large-scale corruption seems to have reared it's ugly head in this time and frankly, you are deluding yourself if you cannot force yourself to make the connection.

Corruption now has as good as ceased and he (Prayuth) is reeling in those perpetrators seemingly every day and has turfed out Thaksin's corrupt police force now and getting the new RTP to start doing their jobs of serving the people - the 'old guard' system, what remains of it, is gradually being dismantled and safeguards are being implemented with the new draft constitution to stop the next government from perpetuating what Thaksin started. Everything is going to be so much more transparent and accountable to the people once he is finished.

Simply let the good general finish his job and then pass judgement on what he has achieved

Don't know how you worked that one out, the same Governors are there, that's the ones appointed by the PT Govt, the same civil servants except for a few who have been moved out.

But they no longer have a finance minister who tells lies so that should help with the transparency angle.

and there was me thinking the post was about the PM using a "new type of budget". Just amazes me how quickly use any post to go back in time and point the stick at people from the past.

• Like 1