Counter Racism

cyborgx

Nothing to do with needed skills, made redundant because of their skin color

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Eskom-must-shed-1-081-white-engineers-20150308

Not a good thing.. can you imagine if it was the other way around.

Still I understand why they want it, and IF the other party is as good as or better I understand. But something like this might backfire. Just like taking land from farmers in Zimbabwe did.

Playing the racist card. Complaining about characteristics of a particular ethnicity (or religion) immediately results in your being called a racist, which of course is the end of any rational argument. I have been 'the foreigner' for 45 years and I am a racist.

In the nicest possible way.

• Like 1

OP, you said:

[but what would be the complete outrage if there were similar organizations started for the "WHITE CAUCASIAN"? Black and other ethnic organizations would flip their lids!]

Surely you know that there are such groups, e.g., KKK, Aryan Nation, Nazi Skinheads, etc. These groups are made up largely of uneducated, disenfranchised, socially awkward, and otherwise losers in life seeking to blame others. You should look them up. You would fit right in.

• Like 2

OP, you said:

[but what would be the complete outrage if there were similar organizations started for the "WHITE CAUCASIAN"? Black and other ethnic organizations would flip their lids!]

Surely you know that there are such groups, e.g., KKK, Aryan Nation, Nazi Skinheads, etc. These groups are made up largely of uneducated, disenfranchised, socially awkward, and otherwise losers in life seeking to blame others. You should look them up. You would fit right in.

Don't think so...actually a interesting topic and prevelant to Thailand as well due many Thais see other nationalities as inferior...but as in most things in life balance is the key....

• Like 1

The poor, poor, poor excluded white male.

Somebody pass me a Kleenex tissue.

Stupid flipant comment. This has nothing to do with sexism, I suggest you start another thread of your own - Illiterate Trolls R Us......

Playing the racist card. Complaining about characteristics of a particular ethnicity (or religion) immediately results in your being called a racist, which of course is the end of any rational argument. I have been 'the foreigner' for 45 years and I am a racist.

In the nicest possible way.

Very true

Michael Richards better known as Kramer from TV's Seinfeld. This was his defence speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act. He makes some very interesting points.

------------------------------

Proud To Be White

Someone finally said it. How many are actually paying attention to this?

There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc. And then there are just Americans.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You Call me "White boy," "Cracker," "Honkey," "Whitey," "Caveman" ... and that's OK.

But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ... You call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled A l-Nabi. You have the NAACP. You have BET. If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) we'd be racists. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists. If we had White History Month , we'd be racists. If we had any organization for only whites to "advance" OUR lives we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for that?

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships you know we'd be racists. There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US . Yet if there were "White colleges" THAT would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud. But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

Brilliant quote! I couldn't have put it better myself! I've never heard about this speech, but its a cracker if ever there was one.

Make the man President!

Send him to the UN!

Questions:-

Was the judge White or Black?

So what happened, you can't leave the story there!

Michael Richards better known as Kramer from TV's Seinfeld. This was his defence speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act. He makes some very interesting points.

------------------------------

Proud To Be White

Someone finally said it. How many are actually paying attention to this?

There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc. And then there are just Americans.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You Call me "White boy," "Cracker," "Honkey," "Whitey," "Caveman" ... and that's OK.

But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ... You call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled A l-Nabi. You have the NAACP. You have BET. If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) we'd be racists. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists. If we had White History Month , we'd be racists. If we had any organization for only whites to "advance" OUR lives we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for that?

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships you know we'd be racists. There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US . Yet if there were "White colleges" THAT would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud. But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

While the statements seem valid if you only look at them from todays point of view, you should not forget WHERE all those things come from... history will teach you that the "proud Whites" from the past are to be held accountable for all those things - and specially in the US, you should not forget the list of groups like the Arian brotherhood, the Klan, National Alliance etc etc.

What you say is very true, and we should never forget the disgusting and unforgivable racism of the past, but that does not mean we should allow the previously oppressed and victims of racism, to now do the same to their oppressors and perpetuate the problem.

Someone could also ask why LBGT people have

groups, why women need groups, why disabled

people need groups and the simple answer is

that they need representation that fights for their

rights to advance in societies where they are

often a disadvantaged minority.

There aren't any white male groups because they

don't need them. Everything has been stacked in

their favour for generations - education,

employment, power, influence and money.

Any white male who couldn't "make it" in a world

run by white males, for white males should be

taking a long, hard look in the mirror at his own

failings instead of complaining about a few

minority groups trying to scrape a few concessions

from the table of privilege.

Firstly this is not about sexism, its about racism, and whilst there are similarities, I do not want to expand the topic to cover sexism, since that will only confuse the discussion, and end up with cross arguments that don't apply to both.

You have not mentioned it, but neither is this about Nationalism, which again has a lot of similarities, but again has a lot of arguments that do not apply to racism, so again lets no mix that in either.

Yes you are right that there are cases where minorities need to get together to empower themselves as a group, but I believe that we are well past that stage in the case of Racism. I am not saying that racism has been eliminated, far from it! But I believe that the continued existence of organizations like this do a lot more harm than good in the fight against racism, and they do more to keep races apart, than to bring them together as equals, which after all is the goal is it not?

The number of BLACK this that or the other organizations in America right now, far exceeds those required to help "Minorities", and the situation is not much different in the UK with respect to a variety of Ethnic organizations....

• Like 1

First this is not about sexism, which granted has a lot of similarities, but along with Nationalism they both have arguments that do not apply to racism, and therefore I'd rather keep the discussion centred on the OP

Yes, you are correct that in some cases it is important for minorities to group together for empowerment and support, but in the case of racism, I believe we have reached a point where organizations like these, do more harm than good. Not that I am saying I think racism has been eliminated, far from it, but by allowing these organizations to continue, expand and increase in number, does more to keep people apart, rather than bringing them together as equals, which after all is the goal right?

First this is not about sexism, which granted has a lot of similarities, but along with Nationalism they both have arguments that do not apply to racism, and therefore I'd rather keep the discussion centred on the OP

Yes, you are correct that in some cases it is important for minorities to group together for empowerment and support, but in the case of racism, I believe we have reached a point where organizations like these, do more harm than good. Not that I am saying I think racism has been eliminated, far from it, but by allowing these organizations to continue, expand and increase in number, does more to keep people apart, rather than bringing them together as equals, which after all is the goal right?

A tip here mate,your wasting your time trying to reason with this poster.

• Like 2

OP, you said:

Actually if anything, by the sound of it, they are much more suited to your attitude in life.

You also seem to have TOTALLY MISSED THE POINT!

YES THEY ARE RACIST ORGANIZATIONS! I AM NOT SUPPORTING THOSE ORGANIZATIONS!

I AM SAYING STOP THE INCREASE IN SPECIFICALLY BLACK OR OTHER ETHNIC SPECIFIC GROUPS! WHICH ARE BASICALLY RACIST ORGANIZATIONS THEMSELVES BY DEFINITION!

GGGGRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

OP, you said:

Don't think so...actually a interesting topic and prevelant to Thailand as well due many Thais see other nationalities as inferior...but as in most things in life balance is the key....

Correct, but sadly the balance has moved so far in the opposite direction, white people are now having to handle other ethnic people with kid gloves, and be afraid to open their mouths or do anything that could even vaguely be construed as racist!

Edited by cyborgx
  • Like 1

Racism exists in most cultures,generally because of a lack of education,having said that i do agree that in the west it seems okay for non white people to hurl racist abuse at white people,but is not allowed the other way,in the end we are all the same,no matter are skin colour,facial make up,etc,racism is a dying idea,and as the world becomes more multi cultural,in a hundred years it will be almost gone i reckon,as for those who activley promote it ,they are dinosaurs,and ignorant,and as i say will die out.

I agree with you about the abuse, but the fact is that we are similar as a species, but definitely NOT the same.

Genetically different ethnic groups have very distinct collective attributes, which makes us different biologically, other than just skin colour. For example, some people might find the sweat of a different ethnic group to be far stronger and malodorous than sweat from their own ethnic group. That does not make them racist, it just means that their olfactory senses are perhaps tuned to accept their own ethnic group more naturally. If a woman in that situation moves away from a man and says he smells bad, it doesn't mean she's a racist, it's purely a natural chemical thing, it doesn't mean she holds any ill will towards the person, or has any conscious feelings of racism.

Actually a lot of problems are caused by Cultural differences rather than Racial differences, but it is because they are so closely intertwined that this VERY IMPORTANT distinctions sometimes gets lost in the discussion.

Yes, the world is becoming multicultural, and I personally was lucky enough to be brought up in a 50/50 Black/White community, and although some readers might find this statement shocking (because they haven't really properly read and tried to understand the thinking behind the OP), I consider my self well rounded culturally because of it, and definitely not a racist. That's why I find the slow but strengthening creep of the counter racism in the world, quite disturbing and worrying.

A tip here mate,your wasting your time trying to reason with this poster.

You can but try..... I would have correctly written "One can but try....." but I just know that some troll would pick up on it.......

Easy there,easy,Jai yen.

thx matey, must watch that blood pressure! Just can't stand trolls that write knee-jerk irrelevant comments, because they couldn't be bothered to properly read and understand the OP.....

OP, you said:

Actually if anything, by the sound of it, they are much more suited to your attitude in life.

I AM SAYING STOP THE INCREASE IN SPECIFICALLY BLACK OR OTHER ETHNIC SPECIFIC GROUPS! WHICH ARE BASICALLY RACIST ORGANIZATIONS THEMSELVES BY DEFINITION!

GGGGRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Cyborg, your suggestions are not new. But these are the sorts of comments made by a white racist. I lived in the US south and I've known guys who made these kinds of comments. They would make what sounds like rational arguments, but they were cloaked in deep sinister racist intentions. Why would the existence of these organizations even bother you? They exist to help groups who were historically oppressed. Has the white race been historically oppressed? I think not.

What is particularly telling is your understanding of the "N" word. Of course when blacks use it amongst themselves, it's not offensive. But when whites use it to address a black person, especially a stranger, it's incredibly offensive. Do you understand why? Does this really need to be explained to you?

OP, you said:

GGGGRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Cyborg, your suggestions are not new. But these are the sorts of comments made by a white racist. I lived in the US south and I've known guys who made these kinds of comments. They would make what sounds like rational arguments, but they were cloaked in deep sinister racist intentions. Why would the existence of these organizations even bother you? They exist to help groups who were historically oppressed. Has the white race been historically oppressed? I think not.

What is particularly telling is your understanding of the "N" word. Of course when blacks use it amongst themselves, it's not offensive. But when whites use it to address a black person, especially a stranger, it's incredibly offensive. Do you understand why? Does this really need to be explained to you?

yours is the classic response which makes any rational debate about this subject impossible, as only 13 words into your post and your branding someone a white racist, so you no better than the so called white racists your branding.

If "Nigger" is an offensive word, then its an offensive word irrespective of who ever uses it, funny thing is, i knew blacks guys who did find it very offensive when used by other black people, so much for your I was brought up in the South, and I understand these things, no you don't...rolleyes.gif

OP, you said:

GGGGRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

yours is the classic response which makes any rational debate about this subject impossible, as only 13 words into your post and your branding someone a white racist, so you no better than the so called white racists your branding.

If "Nigger" is an offensive word, then its an offensive word irrespective of who ever uses it, funny thing is, i knew blacks guys who did find it very offensive when used by other black people, so much for your I was brought up in the South, and I understand these things, no you don't...rolleyes.gif

Cmon SP, get serious. A black person using it to address another black person is not the same as a white person using it to address a black person. Or haven't you heard about what happened at the University of Oklahoma just a couple of days ago?

Cmon SP, get serious. A black person using it to address another black person is not the same as a white person using it to address a black person. Or haven't you heard about what happened at the University of Oklahoma just a couple of days ago?

I am being deadly serious, if the term is offensive, the term is offensive irrespective of who is using it, and the fact that someone can discriminate and say its ok for one racial group of people to use the term and not another, is racist in itself, rather hypocritical IMHO so in some respects you have just proved the OP's whole premise for his post, granted he has picked some bad examples, in mentioning things like the KK, but his premise is sound

In South Africa the term "Kaffir" is outlawed completely irrespective of whether the person is black, white or what ever shade of the rainbow a person is, and persons using it can be subject to criminal charges.