Try Our FREE Personal Assistant Service for a Guaranteed Easier Life - (ThaiVisa Special Offer)

AnEasyDay

Do they have a list of the best 10 99 baht breakfasts in Thailand, and do they home deliver?

I wish him all the best but really can't see how this could work in the age of google translate, smartphones, Google maps etc.

years ago we had the yellow pages which we don't need now.

If I want a translation free I can post on Thai visa forum or any of the other ones, many facebook learn Thai /tranlation groups.

My google chrome even translates Thai webpages automatically which is actually annoying sometimes as I want the Thai one.

See this article I wrote yesterday:

https://aneasyday.com/if-youre-fluent-in-thai-we-are-still-super-useful/

Edited by AnEasyDay

Fluent in Thai, what a laugh, the only bloke I ever met who is was Andrew Biggs. Many think they are, very, very few are. Even some Thais have a job with it!

Oops, sorry I hope you didn't think I'd replied with the empty statement "If you're flluent in Thai we're still super-useful :)

It was actually a hyperlink to an article explaining what services we offer that are still extremely useful to people fluent in Thai (Thai natives included).

I'll paste it again as i have a feeling you missed it.

https://aneasyday.com/if-youre-fluent-in-thai-we-are-still-super-useful/

Do you guys provide lists of places to avoid eg internet cafes on Khao San Rd and 99 baht breakfast "establisments" in Pattaya?

What we do have is a database of pretty much all the significant posts ever made in all the Thailand-Related Facebook groups (since these groups began) in both English and in Thai.

The database is expanding daily and includes the contents of RSS feeds, newsletters and html pages.

We also search via Google (in Thai as well as English), and of course ThaiVisa

If "places to avoid" or "cheap breakfasts Pattaya" has ever been discussed in any of these website or groups we'll be have a good chance to find it in just 2-3 searches.

This is the post I've been desperate to share with you for the past few days.

I really want to emphasize that our focus is to help people have an easier life in Thailand and we do this in many ways. Even if you're fluent in Thai or if you have a partner willing to help you, there's still a lot of services we provide that are undeniably useful.

Our errand-running service is possibly the service we expect people will be using the most. and it's a service I've not detailed until now.

We're able to pay bills, go shopping, post parcels (and much more) so that you save your time having to navigate through city traffic and save your health avoiding the pollution and heat.

The full blog post is here:

https://aneasyday.com/errand-running-service/

Edited by AnEasyDay

I dont know. Maybe..... There are an awful lot of people here that should never really have left there home country and for sure they need help to be able to get through the week.

There's a lot of people here that shouldn't be allowed out the front door without adult supervision.

Many TV members must need supervision to dress & feed themselves from some of the posts & replies.

Just my humble opinion..... Cheers..... Mal.

• Like 2

Great idea and nice website, but I would like to point out that your website doesn't load at all if cookies are disabled (just a blank error page). While lots of sites require cookies to function properly and some won't let you in unless you have cookies enabled, it's extremely rare to get a browser generated error page rather than a website generated one if cookies are disabled.

You may want to talk to your web developer to at least allow people into the homepage without cookies.

<deleted>

Thanks. We've just fixed this.

More problems solved and people helped today:

• We've been working hard to organize a maid visit a large house in Chiang Mai for regular cleaning work. We had little trouble finding an agency who were happy with our clients terms but we never expected that we'd have to research the driving directions from the maids home to the client.
  • We successfully managed to get a representative from True to call a client back after he'd been ignored by them for 3 weeks.
  • Found a nanny-maid exactly to our clients strict requirements.
  • Found some stores that offered "wireless lapel microphone sets".
  • Arranged for a Starbucks coffee to be delivered to a friend (a staff training exercise to get them familiar with organizing the couriers)

With services such as this the Kingdom may get even more people that would otherwise never be able to leave there home country and live the true adventure that S.E.Asia offers.

I admire your enthusiasm with this new idea (and your patience with the trolls and negative posters).

In fact you can, for a very low fee, organize what a good personal assistant does for a monthly salary. Excellent .

I allowed myself to post the link to your website on the Thailand Elite Members Facebook page. I hope you don't mind.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

This service is absolutely brilliant. I understand that for many, outsourcing seems excessive. I would pay $100/month for this service without hesitating. They have already saved me a few hours of my time, which I place tremendous value on. If any service can help me free up even a few hours of my time per week, it's worth well over $40/month to me. AnEasyDay is clearly not for everyone, but so far, it's looking pretty good for my situation.

My experience has been great so far. I'm sure we'll see more feedback from those who have utilized the service.

Now, if only the courier service could launch in Chiang Mai...

• Like 1

This service is absolutely brilliant. I understand that for many, outsourcing seems excessive. I would pay $100/month for this service without hesitating. They have already saved me a few hours of my time, which I place tremendous value on. If any service can help me free up even a few hours of my time per week, it's worth well over $40/month to me. AnEasyDay is clearly not for everyone, but so far, it's looking pretty good for my situation.

My experience has been great so far. I'm sure we'll see more feedback from those who have utilized the service.

Now, if only the courier service could launch in Chiang Mai...

Thanks so much. We really enjoyed working on this with you. Finding a reliable maid service was quite straightforward so the hardest part of our work with you was in helping them navigate to your place without getting lost.

We'll sort out a courier for you to begin next week.

AnEasyDay is clearly not for everyone

Damn you for that tongue.png

I am still adamant that there's always something we can do to make life easier, even if they don't yet realize it wink.png

Hana I'll rephrase. Clearly not everyone sees how AnEasyDay is for them.

^_^

• Like 1

Thanks for the great suggestions.

• You will need longer operating hours I think. If I'm ever in a jam it's far less likely to be during normal working hours, it's going to be in the evening or on a weekend. Not saying you should be 24 hours / 7 days a week, but I'd suggest opening until 8 - 9pm or so; and at the weekend (at reduced hours at least), ideally both Saturday and Sunday.

Agree 100%. I want to be available 24/7 including all holidays. Being practical, we'll roll this out in stages. I think the next stage will be to be available 7am - 9pm. Then we'll be available at weekends. I think we could have been very useful this Songkran if we stay open but I'm really looking forward to a week off smile.png

• Some of the more "advanced" services people are requesting could perhaps be do-able with a premium service with a higher monthly fee?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'advanced services'.

If you mean things like complex translations or formal interpreting then the money isn't really the issue for us. It's a case of offering clients value, and we'd never be able to match the skills, experience or knowledge of an established translation or interpreting company. We could outsource that kind of work but really once the client and the translator / interpreter are introduced there's nothing more we could add.

The only service we have additional costs for are our errand-running costs because the couriers need paying and we need to collect the costs of purchases they make. The organizing and coordination of that is fully-included in our monthly plan, and would only take maybe 3-5 minutes for clients paying per-minute.

• Skype, LINE and WhatsApp support would be good.

Skype and LINE support are planned. If other people would appreciate WhatsApp I'm very happy to add it.

• Possibly support other languages for your clients? French, Chinese, Japanese, Korean maybe? And, going the other way, have some staff who can speak other regional languages such as Burmese, Khmer, Vietnamese, etc? (Not sure how much call there is for the latter though, but maybe worth investigating)

There's vast opportunities here, and not just in Thailand. The simplest thing for us to do is to hire buddies who have a 3rd language and, if the demand is sufficient give them a dedicated phone number for their clients to use. First priority is to win enough clients to cover our operating costs then we've got huge potential to expand.

Edited by AnEasyDay
  • Like 1

I'm not sure what you mean by 'advanced services'.

If you mean things like complex translations or formal interpreting then the money isn't really the issue for us. It's a case of offering clients value, and we'd never be able to match the skills, experience or knowledge of an established translation or interpreting company. We could outsource that kind of work but really once the client and the translator / interpreter are introduced there's nothing more we could add.

That's the kind of thing I meant, yeah. Just thinking that some clients might want to consider you as a one stop shop for everything they might possibly need out here... but I can see how it might not be practical in reality.

• Like 1

how long does the 60 mins subscription last for, say you only used up 30 mins could you use the rest in six months?

12 months and you can share the account with friends and family.

Edited by AnEasyDay

I don't know how I've survived in Asia nearly twenty five years without such a service/s.

You know, I spent the first 15 years of my life without the Internet and without smartphones but I consider both completely indispensable now.

Perhaps some of these resonate with you?

• You get very dependent on a Thai friend / partner
  • You just avoid mixing with Thai people, spending your weeks at western shopping malls, eating western foods, only visiting places with English menus, signs, information
  • You mix only with English speaking friends
  • You just avoid doing things you'd really like to do because it's just too much hassle
  • You spend time learning Thai (kudos to you, but you'll have had months / years before you got to stage where you could be independent with it)
  • You're blissfully ignorant - not realizing how much more there is to enjoy in Thailand.

The reason you survived for the last 25 years without us is because there's never been a service like this.

Now that our service does exist. Do you really want to spend your next 25 years living a life of avoidable hassles, wasted time and frustrations if you have the option to avoid it?

• Like 2

I don't know how I've survived in Asia nearly twenty five years without such a service/s.

You know, I spent the first 15 years of my life without the Internet and without smartphones but I consider both completely indispensable now.

Perhaps some of these resonate with you?

• You get very dependent on a Thai friend / partner
  • You just avoid mixing with Thai people, spending your weeks at western shopping malls, eating western foods, only visiting places with English menus, signs, information
  • You mix only with English speaking friends
  • You just avoid doing things you'd really like to do because it's just too much hassle
  • You spend time learning Thai (kudos to you, but you'll have had months / years before you got to stage where you could be independent with it)
  • You're blissfully ignorant - not realizing how much more there is to enjoy in Thailand.
The reason you survived for the last 25 years without us is because there's never been a service like this.

Now that our service does exist. Do you really want to spend your next 25 years living a life of avoidable hassles, wasted time and frustrations if you have the option to avoid it?

I bought a smartphone, when it dies I will go back to a bssic model. As for the internet, I recall my life having none the less quality. Numerous studies asbof late might indicate more. Perhaps the biggest game changer is buying airline tickets over the Internet, a few times a year, so what. I'm currently working to reduce and limit my Internet presence and activity as much as possible. Become invisible.

All your points seem quite banal to me. I have always loved and lived for the challenge of traveling and living in in exotic places. Trouble with Thailand is life is too easy, that's what has attracted your potential clients, the softies.

By sorting things out oneself, you learn about not only the task at hand but often so much more.

I have traveled and know well the length and breath of south, east and some of north Asia. I have traveled and camped (literally) in some of Thailand's most remote and best national parks. I prefer trains to buses and buses to planes. I don't see hassle or inconvenience, I see activity, learning and cultural experience. Life?

I view Thailand as my second home, not hostile, foreign enemy territory.

Ive muddled thru setting up numerous bank accounts, letters for extension s, drivers license, govt forms, returning a work permit and getting to an obsecure location across town in a taxi, etc...somehow it all works out. Waste my time? Waste my money.

The biggest issue I have with Thailand as it's modernized is that the mystery is gone honestly.

I spend b120 a day on food not because I'm cheap (I am), but because after so many years, I love this cuisine. Sincerely. I have not had a pizza in 1.5 years and in Thailand, twice that. I have absolutely no idea that last time I ate a hamburger. I rarely eat bread.

But the best part of your post is that I'm - blissfully ignorant of what Thailand has to offer. I know the ASEAN region so well, I've not traveled with a guide book in 15 years. Even Nepal and India. Japan was just a few maps and some printouts. I've contributed to a number of guide books in past years, subcontracted. I would consider myself an authority on the more remote parts of the Thai Andaman islands. So, its a bit cheeky your statement/s.

Many times I fob off the Thailand trip planning or need to speak with bldg mgmt to the wife. Its not that I can't sort it out, but I take care of all my own personal stuff in this country, plus all the trip planning and much of the interfacing (her English is good) abroad. If and when we move back to US, I will have my hands full taking care of her issues, so fair game.

When I first arrived in Thailand, it was already too modern for me. Other than my annual months in the Andaman, it was an additional ten years before I came to enjoy the ease and comforts of Thailand and settle first for six mos, then the full year. To this day, I try to remain true to my roots as an adventurous person wherever I travel. We do not own roll bags. Dinner at the Raffles, but sleep at the Hotel de Europe.

I try to enjoy the countries I live and travel in. If I feel alien or if I'm forcing a lifestyle, make a place into something its not, I'd go elsewhere. If the ac and internet died tomorrow, if I never saw another piece of toilet tissue or a pizza hut, I could not care less.In think it the height of cultural arrogance to make all sorts if western demands on Thailand. Use what it has, as it has or leave.

I look at how removed urban Thais are to their roots, they can't swim, can't farm. Really sad. Its really a great country.

As for hanging out only with my own kind. Nope. I find most farang, not worth mixing with. Most are short timers, even if they dont know it. Especially the new retired, the edutainers. They do a few years, leave lost and lonely.

Its not a hardship, its a fun puzzle that you get to sort out. The cheaper and faster you solve the issue, the bigger the win. That's how I look at life abroad.

I'm perhaps for you a better employee than client. This service seems better fit in say, Indonesia?

Edited by Rocketsurgeon
  • Like 1