Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And it doesn't really have an ugly side. I like the PJS styling in the front, but that backside...

I kind of like the rear lights (at night) of the Fortuner, but the rest of that car...

And it doesn't really have an ugly side. I like the PJS styling in the front, but that backside...

I kind of like the rear lights (at night) of the Fortuner, but the rest of that car...

No mistaking the PJS at night, 2 x ? one the wrong way around..

Yes it was. I was actually thinking of getting a TB just to keep chevrolet in the running :)

Actually it was the final results of Mitsubishi's in-house comparison test that got me to buy a Ford Everest :)

It absolutely destroyed all the competitors in every single way, even in the reliability test. So I'll be with Ford now for the next 4 years.

For some reason, they guy really went out of his way to not completely destroy the TB.

Also at minute 7.00 or so he almost hits a guy who is crossing the street.

Press cars are a privilege, not a right, I guess smile.png

Some inaccuracies though: the 3.2L isn't a 4 cylinder, and neither of them have wishbone rear suspension.

His "if you want..." list at the end was pretty lengthy for the EV, LOL.

Ordered a black EV Titanium + today. The PJS was paid off and sold it today smile.png

Should get it at the end of February according to Kalasin dealer.

After winning 4 different Australian comparison tests, then also going on to take 4WD of the Year, People's Choice SUV of the Year, and outright Car of the Year, it was an Indian comparison against the Trailblazer that got you off the fence? tongue.pngtongue.png

Next four years ... lucky you ... us poor retirees on a pension ...Must be looking at changing in ten years ... if still above ground by then ..

Yes it was. I was actually thinking of getting a TB just to keep chevrolet in the running :)

Actually it was the final results of Mitsubishi's in-house comparison test that got me to buy a Ford Everest :)

It absolutely destroyed all the competitors in every single way, even in the reliability test. So I'll be with Ford now for the next 4 years.

For some reason, they guy really went out of his way to not completely destroy the TB.

Also at minute 7.00 or so he almost hits a guy who is crossing the street.

Press cars are a privilege, not a right, I guess smile.png

Some inaccuracies though: the 3.2L isn't a 4 cylinder, and neither of them have wishbone rear suspension.

His "if you want..." list at the end was pretty lengthy for the EV, LOL.

Ordered a black EV Titanium + today. The PJS was paid off and sold it today smile.png

After winning 4 different Australian comparison tests, then also going on to take 4WD of the Year, People's Choice SUV of the Year, and outright Car of the Year, it was an Indian comparison against the Trailblazer that got you off the fence? tongue.pngtongue.png

Next four years ... lucky you ... us poor retirees on a pension ...Must be looking at changing in ten years ... if still above ground by then ..

. Us poor teachers have to make do with a Mitsubishi Mirage..... For the price it's not bad...not good. An A to B city/local car.

The CarAdvice guys have now written an article, and put some ranking numbers around the Everest vs Land Rover Discovery 4 comparison video from last week.... with the Everest only losing points to the Land Rover on their Cabin space and Comfort criteria, and beating the 'Rover on Technology, Connectivity, Price, Features, Ride and Handling:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/410734/ford-everest-titanium-v-land-rover-discovery-sdv6-se-comparison-review/

Bear in mind the Land Rover is 5x the Everest's price here in Thailand wink.png

Yeah, if they did the review based on Thai pricing the Disco wouldn't even get a look in.

Doing things by the numbers I added up the totals for each car in the review. I may have not used a calculator and read it off my phone but I make it EV 42.5pts vs Disco 40pts. So a different journo maybe would have given the EV the win?

Nothing what they said really made me thing, hey the EV is worse than the Disco...For the EV to now be considered in the same class as a Prado and Disco...Ford sure did a hell of a job.

Nothing what they said really made me thing, hey the EV is worse than the Disco...For the EV to now be considered in the same class as a Prado and Disco...Ford sure did a hell of a job.

Since people started driving these back in August, those who understand the segment have always wanted to blurt: "This Everest really does rival a Land Rover"

But it's very very tough journalistic line to cross - because while it does rival and even best them in most areas, there's still two where it falls short: Interior luxury and power.

IMHO, the power is less of an issue because what it does is still more than adequate and it never feels underpowered - but the interior is an area where they certainly could have done more..... sans every other criteria, that alone is clearly where it's not a Land Rover...

On Ford's side, they really don't have much to do now... the 2018 minor change will be getting the new Panther diesels which will take it a step further forward again on refinement, noise and fuel efficiency, and really the only other thing they need to do is upgrade some of the interior finishes.. all pretty easy stuff in the grand scheme and complexity of designing a car that's already of this calibre.

The only barrier left then is brand cache. If Ford keep on scoring goals like they have been, that will come though.

The CarAdvice guys have now written an article, and put some ranking numbers around the Everest vs Land Rover Discovery 4 comparison video from last week.... with the Everest only losing points to the Land Rover on their Cabin space and Comfort criteria, and beating the 'Rover on Technology, Connectivity, Price, Features, Ride and Handling:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/410734/ford-everest-titanium-v-land-rover-discovery-sdv6-se-comparison-review/

Bear in mind the Land Rover is 5x the Everest's price here in Thailand wink.png

Yeah, if they did the review based on Thai pricing the Disco wouldn't even get a look in.

Doing things by the numbers I added up the totals for each car in the review. I may have not used a calculator and read it off my phone but I make it EV 42.5pts vs Disco 40pts. So a different journo maybe would have given the EV the win?

It will be the interior that was the deciding factor. It's a nice and clean design, but the materials are just not up there with the Europeans.

Again well said.

With a bit of fine-tuning the interior it will actually be a luxury SUV killer especially if they get those Panther diesels like you said.

I would love to see the Mondeo here with a bold move from Ford to have the Mondeo estate here :)

Since people started driving these back in August, those who understand the segment have always wanted to blurt: "This Everest really does rival a Land Rover"

But it's very very tough journalistic line to cross - because while it does rival and even best them in most areas, there's still two where it falls short: Interior luxury and power.

IMHO, the power is less of an issue because what it does is still more than adequate and it never feels underpowered - but the interior is an area where they certainly could have done more..... sans every other criteria, that alone is clearly where it's not a Land Rover...

On Ford's side, they really don't have much to do now... the 2018 minor change will be getting the new Panther diesels which will take it a step further forward again on refinement, noise and fuel efficiency, and really the only other thing they need to do is upgrade some of the interior finishes.. all pretty easy stuff in the grand scheme and complexity of designing a car that's already of this calibre.

The only barrier left then is brand cache. If Ford keep on scoring goals like they have been, that will come though.

Engine is more the missing link for me, there has been some improvement in engine tech in terms of refinement and especially noise level. The benefit of the Ford's is that you have a proven, reliable one which can't be said of the newer Fortuner/Prado. I'm sure Toyota's engine will be rock solid but it doesn't have the miles on the clock to confirm that yet.

Not so concerned with the interior as you only have to look to the US models like the Explorer Platinum to see the levels of refinement that Ford can achieve. The Everest was designed to hit a specific target, the Prado. If they wanted to target the Disco I think they could have. But who has a larger piece of the pie? That's the one they're really after.

Engine is more the missing link for me, there has been some improvement in engine tech in terms of refinement and especially noise level. The benefit of the Ford's is that you have a proven, reliable one which can't be said of the newer Fortuner/Prado. I'm sure Toyota's engine will be rock solid but it doesn't have the miles on the clock to confirm that yet.

Not so concerned with the interior as you only have to look to the US models like the Explorer Platinum to see the levels of refinement that Ford can achieve. The Everest was designed to hit a specific target, the Prado. If they wanted to target the Disco I think they could have. But who has a larger piece of the pie? That's the one they're really after.

According to my sources, The Disco4 was indeed one of the cars the Everest was benchmarked against during it's development. There's even a couple of clues they acci-purposely left behind wink.png

First is the terrain management icons which are an exact carbon copy of the ones designed for LR/RR back when Ford owned them and the tech was first developed. Second is the genuine accessory "Everest" front hood badges, which again ape a key LR design trait.

post-81192-0-43769200-1453545463_thumb.j

post-81192-0-24522400-1453545329_thumb.j

Side note: Right there ^ is an example of the clear differences in interior materials

144958.jpg

Edited by seedy
large size fotos

According to my sources, The Disco4 was indeed one of the cars the Everest was benchmarked against during it's development. There's even a couple of clues they acci-purposely left behind wink.png

First is the terrain management icons which are an exact carbon copy of the ones designed for LR/RR back when Ford owned them and the tech was first developed. Second is the genuine accessory "Everest" front hood badges, which again ape a key LR design trait.

Side note: Right there ^ is an example of the clear differences in interior materials

144958.jpg

attachicon.gifhoodemblem.jpeg

That's a given since they Ford did own them for a time and must have learnt plenty from the masters. Added to that the guy led the Terrain Response System project for LR is the Global lead for the Everest and Ranger (Ian Foston if anyone wants to read more about him). But the fact they didn't chase the plush interior probably hints at hitting a certain price point, meaning a compromise had to made somewhere.

If both company's spent 100k AUD Ford would have made it more luxurious and LR would have added all the gadgets and the cars would probably be incredibly similar. Fact is LR can add most of the options but Ford can't but you do get what you pay for. I for one am very happy with the styling of the Everest, and would rather the tech features and accept some hard plastics.

Ok, time to get me some faux 3M carbon fibre stickers!!

Edited by seedy
large foto

I for one don't mind plastics in my car as they are much easier to clean and cheaper to replace instead of that 'soft-touch' material.

I don't go rubbing my dash board or glove box just to feel that it's soft...

I for one don't mind plastics in my car as they are much easier to clean and cheaper to replace instead of that 'soft-touch' material.

I don't go rubbing my dash board or glove box just to feel that it's soft...

I guess it needs to be said: There's nothing particularly lacking with the Everest's interior materials given it's Thai price point and competition. What we're really saying is, it really would compete evenly with SUV's 4-5x it's price if Ford just went that extra step. But most of us would also want Ford to do that for free :P

IMHO

I'm sure you guys driving the Ford Everest got the best car possible for the price. I just couldn't afford or wouldn't spend 1,7mill baht so I just took delivery of my (or rather the missus) new Pjs top spec the other day. So far we're really happy about it. It's a big step up from our old 2010 model.

And now to the question. I remember that you in a previous thread mentioned something about a really good quality window tint?? We got the car installed with the standard Lamina from Mitsubishi but don't think it's the best you can get.

IMHO

I'm sure you guys driving the Ford Everest got the best car possible for the price. I just couldn't afford or wouldn't spend 1,7mill baht so I just took delivery of my (or rather the missus) new Pjs top spec the other day. So far we're really happy about it. It's a big step up from our old 2010 model.

And now to the question. I remember that you in a previous thread mentioned something about a really good quality window tint?? We got the car installed with the standard Lamina from Mitsubishi but don't think it's the best you can get.

The film we're all pimping is a type referred to as: carbon ceramic - it's a 2-layer laminated film that has excellent UV and IR rejection, but doesn't mean you need to go dark to achieve good performance. The carbon layer sets the color, the ceramic layer does the UV/IR rejection.

There are a few brands in TH - the biggest ones are:

Huper Optik: http://huperoptikcorp.com/

SolarFX: http://www.solarfxthailand.com/

Cardinal: http://www.cardinalfilm.com/

I have the SolarFX on one of my other cars, and the Huper Optik on the Everest. They're both excellent. I've never used the Cardinal, but it also has some supporters on Thai language forums I visit.

Took a test drive in a Ford Everest Titanium+ and although it wasn't the 3.2L model, I was very impressed with the ride quality of this SUV. The interior exudes a taste of class and seems 'almost' as spacious as my beloved MU-7 - (interior space being a critical personal preference). In my estimation, Ford has really stepped up to the proverbial SUV plate and 'hit one out of the park' with the Everest T+. It's packed with top notch technology - while at the same time, the 'perennial SUV favorite of LOS', the Tuna, is still sold with rear drum brakes!! Ford deserves credit for raising the technological bar in this segment of the SUV market with its 2015 top spec model priced only ~ THB 300k more than my 2012 Mu-7! My hat is off to those of you who had the foresight (and ready finances) to order one of these SUV gems at the THB 1.5xx M price! Hopefully a top notch Garmin GPS system will soon be standard.

I am definitely sold on this SUV!

The performance guy in me wonders: With the Titanium+ sold with 20" Goodyear Efficient Grip tires (which are just avg IMHO), which brand of 265/50R20 tires (available in LOS) would be considered top rated high-performance premiums for the Everest Titanium+? These tires would be primarily for non off-road, city and weekend/holiday touring driving with emphasis on ride quality and noise and dry/wet traction characteristics.

As others have noted, if the model you drove was the 2.2L 4-cylinder, there's a fairly large list of features you haven't yet seen or experienced yet: https://www.ford.co.th/en/suvs/all-new-everest/models.

As for GPS, there are some aftermarket solutions already that integrate in with the SYNC2 system quite nicely. Price is around 30K Baht, but for that you're also getting video playback and casting abilities too.

As for alternatives to the Goodyear EfficientGrip SUV tires it comes with, when it comes time to replace them, I'll be using the Yokohama Parada Spec-X's again... I'll report back then, but don't hold your breath waiting tongue.png

Congratulations on your purchase of the new EV Titanium+!! intheclub.gif

What color is your interior?

... and, yes fellas, I was aware at the time that I was test driving a Titanium and not the Titanium+. I was just trying to comment on the total Everest offerings.

What I would like clarified is the difference between the Everest 2015 MY15 and the 2015 MY16 designations: Is it to differentiate the 'year' in which a particular vehicle was sold or the year it was built?

Took a test drive in a Ford Everest Titanium+ and although it wasn't the 3.2L model, I was very impressed with the ride quality of this SUV. The interior exudes a taste of class and seems 'almost' as spacious as my beloved MU-7 - (interior space being a critical personal preference). In my estimation, Ford has really stepped up to the proverbial SUV plate and 'hit one out of the park' with the Everest T+. It's packed with top notch technology - while at the same time, the 'perennial SUV favorite of LOS', the Tuna, is still sold with rear drum brakes!! Ford deserves credit for raising the technological bar in this segment of the SUV market with its 2015 top spec model priced only ~ THB 300k more than my 2012 Mu-7! My hat is off to those of you who had the foresight (and ready finances) to order one of these SUV gems at the THB 1.5xx M price! Hopefully a top notch Garmin GPS system will soon be standard.

I am definitely sold on this SUV!

The performance guy in me wonders: With the Titanium+ sold with 20" Goodyear Efficient Grip tires (which are just avg IMHO), which brand of 265/50R20 tires (available in LOS) would be considered top rated high-performance premiums for the Everest Titanium+? These tires would be primarily for non off-road, city and weekend/holiday touring driving with emphasis on ride quality and noise and dry/wet traction characteristics.

As others have noted, if the model you drove was the 2.2L 4-cylinder, there's a fairly large list of features you haven't yet seen or experienced yet: https://www.ford.co.th/en/suvs/all-new-everest/models.

As for GPS, there are some aftermarket solutions already that integrate in with the SYNC2 system quite nicely. Price is around 30K Baht, but for that you're also getting video playback and casting abilities too.

As for alternatives to the Goodyear EfficientGrip SUV tires it comes with, when it comes time to replace them, I'll be using the Yokohama Parada Spec-X's again... I'll report back then, but don't hold your breath waiting tongue.png

Congratulations on your purchase of the new EV Titanium+!! intheclub.gif

What color is your interior?

... and, yes fellas, I was aware at the time that I was test driving a Titanium and not the Titanium+. I was just trying to comment on the total Everest offerings.

What I would like clarified is the difference between the Everest 2015 MY15 and the 2015 MY16 designations: Is it to differentiate the 'year' in which a particular vehicle was sold or the year it was built?

The MY16 version was released in December 2015. The easy way to tell if you've booked the MY15 or MY16 is the price: 1.6M or 1.75M ;)

Only the Titanium+ version got actual upgrades for MY16, they added: adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, driver altertness monitoring, and forward collision mitigation.

The rest of the range only got black interiors (in combination with selected exterior colors) and a price rise.

MY16 has some differences. Ford held some features back when they first released the 3.2l T+. This was to help absorb the price increase from Jan 1 2016 when they added the missing features. It also allowed them to add some headline grabbing starting prices without upsetting those who couldn't get a model early doors. So cheaper lower spec, higher cost fully loaded. Finally, it also simplified their production by only making the cream interior available to start with.

*Reflex blue is a new colour exclusive to the T+

*They now have two lines, one to cater to those who ordered black mica metallic/reflex blue/sunset metallic now getting cream interior and aluminium metallic/sparkling gold metallic/cool white getting black interior.

*active cruise control

*collision mitigation system with HUD, pre charging the brakes and also intervening if a crash is inevitable

*lane keeping assist

*driver alertness system

*auto high beam control

IMHO, is that all the options they added?

For me my gf wanted black interior so we were happy to wait to get a MY16 model. Auto high beam and active cruise are feature if really want so happy to pay a premium to get them. You'd only be resentful of the price increase if you didn't want any of these things.

Edited by ChesneyHawkes

MY16 has some differences. Ford held some features back when they first released the 3.2l T+. This was to help absorb the price increase from Jan 1 2016 when they added the missing features. It also allowed them to add some headline grabbing starting prices without upsetting those who couldn't get a model early doors. So cheaper lower spec, higher cost fully loaded. Finally, it also simplified their production by only making the cream interior available to start with.

*Reflex blue is a new colour exclusive to the T+

*They now have two lines, one to cater to those who ordered black mica metallic/reflex blue/sunset metallic now getting cream interior and aluminium metallic/sparkling gold metallic/cool white getting black interior.

*active cruise control

*anti collision system with HUD, pre charging the brakes and also intervening if a crash is inevitable

*lane keeping assist

*driver alertness system

*auto high beam control

IMHO, is that all the options they added?

For me my gf wanted black interior so we were happy to wait to get a MY16 model. Auto high beam and active cruise are feature if really want so happy to pay a premium to get them. You'd only be resentful of the price increase if you didn't want any of these things.

The price increase is all tax, so really you're getting all those extras for free. The 150K goes to the gov't not Ford ;)