Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

Just noticed tonight on the Toyota website (apologies if already posted): Toyota are now doing a TRD Fortuna model:

rear discs!!

20 inch wheels

JBL sound system

tweaked "sportivo" suspension

Different colour grille and bumpers

Some other cosmetic stuff

Seems the threat from Ford is real.....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just noticed tonight on the Toyota website (apologies if already posted): Toyota are now doing a TRD Fortuna model:

rear discs!!

20 inch wheels

JBL sound system

...so they plaster on more badges and decals. Typical.

rear discs!!

20 inch wheels

JBL sound system

...so they plaster on more badges and decals. Typical.

Hard to imagine Toyota could make the car more unattractive.......but they've excelled themselves.

rear discs!!

20 inch wheels

JBL sound system

Thanks for the tip. Will have to check it out..;)

The TRD Tuna price just made the Everest price justifiable now,

on a side note, some Ford dealers are now offering free scheduled service plan (3/5 years frees servicing, not sure if extended warranty is included or not) on the lesser trims everest and rangers now

Why have they fitted rear disk.? The 2 Door Truck can carry in perfect safety 1000K.G. . Does the TRD expect very fat passengers or is it just cosmetic for the "Medalion Man " type who buy them.

To match the Everest would be my guess.

Is the Everest a Truck.?. thought it was the real deal like an HRV ,not made fron old bits found in the truck assembly store

Both the Everest and Tuna are body on frame sport utility vehicles (SUV's).

.... if you can deal with the service

Shortly after I bought my second, consecutive Ranger, Ford's VP Sales (Thailand) called me to thank me personally for my loyalty and advise me that ALL my services will be free, not just the first two scheduled ones.

Last week, I took my WT for its 30 km (last officially free) service per the 2 PM appointment made a couple of days earlier. I got there 5 minutes early and the truck bypassed 5 vehicles already waiting in line and on the hoist before 2 PM. After servicing, the keys were returned to me 50 minutes later and I signed off. This was even faster than the 15 km service where the same 'fast-track' was applied. This time, they spotted a leaking cv joint boot seal on the front end and have ordered the parts for a free, under-warranty replacement.

Now, what's all this about poor service?

Shortly after I bought my second, consecutive Ranger, Ford's VP Sales (Thailand) called me to thank me personally for my loyalty and advise me that ALL my services will be free, not just the first two scheduled ones.

Last week, I took my WT for its 30 km (last officially free) service per the 2 PM appointment made a couple of days earlier. I got there 5 minutes early and the truck bypassed 5 vehicles already waiting in line and on the hoist before 2 PM. After servicing, the keys were returned to me 50 minutes later and I signed off. This was even faster than the 15 km service where the same 'fast-track' was applied. This time, they spotted a leaking cv joint boot seal on the front end and have ordered the parts for a free, under-warranty replacement.

It sounds great, but every 15km? Yikes!

That said, I don't judge a haircut by how quickly I get in and out of the chair.

It's Bout Consistency. .ive had to collect chum from a Ford dealer ,a round trip of 150 K cause the local one has a bad reputation. Part from the crappy auto on the little cars ,Fords are fine just dopey Thai managers,oh and Rangers that can't handle puddles.

It sounds great, but every 15km? Yikes!

That said, I don't judge a haircut by how quickly I get in and out of the chair.

15 km? Caffeine deficient post, sorry!

A dealer service is simply an inspection of pre-identified points, taking remedial action where needed and changing the lube and filters. Any half-decent garage probably can manage that from start-to-finish in less than 1 hour per-vehicle. Many garages have issues juggling the logistics of getting parts from the store, moving the truck from the service hoist to the inspection area and simply being efficient. The speed of the actual service per-vehicle is a pretty finite item; it's how badly some shops manage the logistics and resources that makes up the service experience that can make all the difference. For example, when we had a Honda CR-V for 5 years, the services were never anything less than 3 hours and about 2 hours of that, the car was probably waiting for someone to do the 'next bit' or simply move it to a different area. That was a huge, new, spacious dealer workshop too but it looked like bugger all was happening most of the time. The Ford shops I have used have been comparatively small and visibly busy. I am really happy with the 5 years and 90,000 km of Ford service, expedited and otherwise.

This is quite the puddle -

Granted he's got a snorkel but from what I've heard, some Rangers that were killed by water in the engine didn't get it in through the air-box, it was breathers or EGR coolers failing. (Another good reason to blank the EGR off)

So the Ford Police Interceptor can take a rear impact at 75mph partly, or mainly, to do with the full size spare wheel tucked under the ‘trunk’. As the EV has the equivalent that is in or around the same location could it be suggested that a rear impact would be lesser than some other PPVs/SUVs that don't pack [full size]?? Not looking at 75mph but a road going speed around 60/80kph. Ladder chassis, vehicle height/weight might have something to do with it too…

Saying that, it does note below about reinforcement, amongst other things.

Officer Protection

75-MPH Rear-Crash Tested

Passing a 75 mph rear-crash test is among the many strengths that have defined the Ford Police Interceptor. The all-new Police Interceptor will continue this tradition of extreme officer protection. The full size spare tire secured in the factory location is necessary to achieve police-rated 75 mph rear impact crash-test performance attributes. Ford SPACE (Side Protection And Cabin Enhancement) Architecture and structural reinforcement work together to protect you on the job.

Also, looking at the ANCAP EV frontal off set test, the front wheels stand up very well, not even a quiver. Are these the 18"??

The only rear impact test I’ve seen is for the new Volvo XC90 at 56kph (35mph); has a compact spare wheel apparently. Not sure of the weight and size of the dummy vehicle.

So the Ford Police Interceptor can take a rear impact at 75mph partly, or mainly, to do with the full size spare wheel tucked under the ‘trunk’. As the EV has the equivalent that is in or around the same location could it be suggested that a rear impact would be lesser than some other PPVs/SUVs that don't pack [full size]?? Not looking at 75mph but a road going speed around 60/80kph. Ladder chassis, vehicle height/weight might have something to do with it too…

Saying that, it does note below about reinforcement, amongst other things.

Officer Protection

75-MPH Rear-Crash Tested

Passing a 75 mph rear-crash test is among the many strengths that have defined the Ford Police Interceptor. The all-new Police Interceptor will continue this tradition of extreme officer protection. The full size spare tire secured in the factory location is necessary to achieve police-rated 75 mph rear impact crash-test performance attributes. Ford SPACE (Side Protection And Cabin Enhancement) Architecture and structural reinforcement work together to protect you on the job.

Also, looking at the ANCAP EV frontal off set test, the front wheels stand up very well, not even a quiver. Are these the 18"??

The only rear impact test I’ve seen is for the new Volvo XC90 at 56kph (35mph); has a compact spare wheel apparently. Not sure of the weight and size of the dummy vehicle.

I don't think you can draw any comparisons between these interceptors and any normal road car. Also, these interceptors are monocoques, so the full size spare becomes part of the crash structure. The full size spare on an Everest is just suspended beneath the car, so would have minimal bearing in a rear end collision.

That said, it makes sense that the ladder chassis will help distribute crash forces through more of the car, but that doesn't mean the same can't also be achieved with a monocoque design.

In short the answer is: unknown, until someone tries it wink.png

The Everest in the ANCAP tests has 18" wheels, yes.

Edited by IMHO

rear discs!!

20 inch wheels

JBL sound system

All for just 90.5K Baht extra.. Pity the rumors of a Toyota 3.2L engine didn't work out, otherwise it could have been mildly interesting. For this money, you'd have to be an unapologetic Toyota fan not to buy the EV T+.

Ford must be loving comparison shoppers now - theres just so much more the T+ has that the top-spec 'Tuna still doesn't, and now the price is essentially the same smile.png

Edited by IMHO

you'd have to be an unapologetic Toyota fan not to buy the EV T+.

Must be lots of them judging by the current sales figures then.

The Fortuner does not need a larger engine, the 2.8 is technically far superior to the modified Transit engine being put in that Ford.

you'd have to be an unapologetic Toyota fan not to buy the EV T+.

Must be lots of them judging by the current sales figures then.

The Fortuner does not need a larger engine, the 2.8 is technically far superior to the modified Transit engine being put in that Ford.

Hook line and sinker.

rear discs!!

20 inch wheels

JBL sound system

All for just 90.5K Baht extra.. Pity the rumors of a Toyota 3.2L engine didn't work out, otherwise it could have been mildly interesting. For this money, you'd have to be an unapologetic Toyota fan not to buy the EV T+.

Ford must be loving comparison shoppers now - theres just so much more the T+ has that the top-spec 'Tuna still doesn't, and now the price is essentially the same smile.png

agree the additional 90k for the Spivo aren't worth it. But also not sure if I would pay an additional 150k to get a T+ for some features like lane assist, adaptive cruise control etc.

How's the fuel consumption with the 3.2? Also I remember hearing some complaints about no rear camera on the ford did they ever get that issue resolved?

From the posters here with them, it seems the average real world, overall consumption is around 10KM/L +1.0/-0.3.

On the highway at legal speeds it does 15-16KM/L, so it all depends on your mix of driving.

The T+ has an excellent rear camera - very detailed and crisp display.

Somewhere in this thread (or another) I mentioned that Ford intentionally de-tuned the higher rev range performance of the 3.2L, and it's actually capable of a lot, lot more. I also suggested that only an ECU flash would be able to unlock that power - a plug in chip just wouldn't cut it.

Well, I just stumbled across some guys in Australia that have figured it out (and they did it back in 2014) smile.png

post-81192-0-15231100-1457835875_thumb.j

http://ecuwest.com.au/ford-px-ranger-dyno-comparison-stock-v-chip-tuned-v-ecu-remap/

Edited by seedy

How's the fuel consumption with the 3.2? Also I remember hearing some complaints about no rear camera on the ford did they ever get that issue resolved?

From the posters here with them, it seems the average real world, overall consumption is around 10KM/L +1.0/-0.3.

On the highway at legal speeds it does 15-16KM/L, so it all depends on your mix of driving.

You can look up my fuel consumption on fuelly.com ...steady driving at about 80km/hr can achieve 6.2ltrs/100kms. Fine if you like the view ...

You can look up my fuel consumption on fuelly.com ...steady driving at about 80km/hr can achieve 6.2ltrs/100kms. Fine if you like the view ...

OK, found the link :)

Your current average is 10.8 KM/L

What happened in Mid-Jan to register just 6KM/L ? I guess there must have been a lot of idling time in BKK?

I suspect error in filling ...either previously not full or something like that .. don't think that I was 'done at the pumps' as I always get out to watch. AND was stuck in BK traffic AND idling waiting for Mrs Jas to exit the shops.

I get aWTF moment now n then ,then remember Mrs Pops used it. Jeez from 15 to 9

In one hour. But if I use her Ladies Hairdresser Benz 2 door it goes up..Sons HRV uses as moch as a Lamborghini ,and I'm getting to old to care.[emoji482][emoji3]

Hi Ford Fans

I have two Ford Rangers (3.2) 2013 and a Mazda BT50 (3.2). Without ECU Tuning the Ford 3.2 Liter engine is a little “Lame Dug” considering the engine size!

After the ECU tuning of my cars the engine performance is to my understanding very good and adequate for a 3.2 Liter engine.smile.png

Although I don’t measure the diesel consumption very closely I would say it is around 11 Liter per 100Km.