Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

As for JAS21's mythical EVT+ *shrug* - if it were me I'd be running out of patience, so kudos to him.

STANDBY ... for a pictorial announcement guys ... post-17329-0-34253000-1448533769_thumb.j later this coming weekend. That's of course if they don't drop it whilst unloading.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very impressed with Mrs Disting today. Had this little beauty delivered. 5 days from deposit to free delivery at the house. Very good service from Ford Saraburi. I did ask for a pic of the 2 cars together, forgot the wife can't reverse park so have a pic of both rears but there you go. Now just have to wait 5 weeks til I get home.

post-45247-0-41993800-1448542348_thumb.j

post-45247-0-24086500-1448542397_thumb.j

post-45247-0-58272900-1448542416_thumb.j

Very impressed with Mrs Disting today. Had this little beauty delivered. 5 days from deposit to free delivery at the house. Very good service from Ford Saraburi. I did ask for a pic of the 2 cars together, forgot the wife can't reverse park so have a pic of both rears but there you go. Now just have to wait 5 weeks til I get home.

What's with the shonky 'red' plates on the WT?

As for JAS21's mythical EVT+ *shrug* - if it were me I'd be running out of patience, so kudos to him.

STANDBY ... for a pictorial announcement guys ... attachicon.gifsmiles.JPG later this coming weekend. That's of course if they don't drop it whilst unloading.

And you do need to be careful about that:

Actual EV sticker:

post-163537-0-36577800-1440228591_thumb.
biggrin.png

STANDBY ... for a pictorial announcement guys ...

Can I sit? My feet are getting sore.

:P

The garage received so many EVT+'s ...well at least five ...that it wouldn't be available until late yesterday. I did actually see it! Paperwork done ...why so many pieces to sign over here ...just one bit in the UK.

You can sit down shortly after 9am ...today!

JAS21, on 29 Nov 2015 - 07:43, said:
IMHO, on 29 Nov 2015 - 06:35, said:
JAS21, on 26 Nov 2015 - 17:32, said:

STANDBY ... for a pictorial announcement guys ...

Can I sit? My feet are getting sore.

tongue.png

The garage received so many EVT+'s ...well at least five ...that it wouldn't be available until late yesterday. I did actually see it! Paperwork done ...why so many pieces to sign over here ...just one bit in the UK.

You can sit down shortly after 9am ...today!

Okay ...here is a pic of it waiting to go to be 'done'. I'll post it now as after picking it up Mr Crossy wants to drool over it whistling.gif The seller and Mrs Jas giving it a little look over

post-17329-0-45539300-1448758556_thumb.j

Could this be the reason why Ford has not included SatNav on the everest? An upgrade to Ford Sync 3 next year will allow users to project maps from smartphone to the dashboard screen!

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2015/01/12/new-version-of-ford-applink-brings-smartphone-navigation-apps-to.html

The best contact I could find says the reason we don't get GPS is because SYNC2 doesn't support Thai language.

Could this be the reason why Ford has not included SatNav on the everest? An upgrade to Ford Sync 3 next year will allow users to project maps from smartphone to the dashboard screen!

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2015/01/12/new-version-of-ford-applink-brings-smartphone-navigation-apps-to.html

That would also require a hardware upgrade.

The best contact I could find says the reason we don't get GPS is because SYNC2 doesn't support Thai language.

SEA maps are available in English by the same company that does the other Sync 2 maps. Would it be that tragic to offer an English language only version?

SEA maps are available in English by the same company that does the other Sync 2 maps. Would it be that tragic to offer an English language only version?

I'm sure the numbers are higher for Everest, but most brands here say that less than 1 in 1,000 car buyers are Westerners.

I'm sure the numbers are higher for Everest, but most brands here say that less than 1 in 1,000 car buyers are Westerners.

I'm sure a few Thai Everest buyers can manage a bit of English and would be happy to have it?

DavisH, on 29 Nov 2015 - 14:24, said:
IMHO, on 29 Nov 2015 - 08:16, said:
JAS21, on 29 Nov 2015 - 08:03, said:

Okay ...here is a pic of it waiting to go to be 'done'. I'll post it now as after picking it up Mr Crossy wants to drool over it whistling.gif The seller and Mrs Jas giving it a little look over

attachicon.gif20151128_1526521.jpg

OMG, it really does exist!

But he woke up screaming as it was just a mirage laugh.png

NO, NO mirage or myth and here's a picture to prove it ... Fortunately this is the nearest that Mrs Jas got to driving it... unfortunately tomorrow is another day whistling.gif ... I suppose just a little unfair comment as she does hold a UK driving license ...

post-17329-0-65246000-1448796669_thumb.j

And here is a side by side comparison ... actually the Fortuna didn't look too bad except for the interior trim and those 3rd Row seats. Actually I quite like the Fortunas rear corners. Crossys neighbours must have thought he won the pools ......

post-17329-0-63873500-1448796702_thumb.j

IMHO, on 29 Nov 2015 - 12:08, said:IMHO, on 29 Nov 2015 - 12:08, said:
Disting, on 29 Nov 2015 - 11:57, said:Disting, on 29 Nov 2015 - 11:57, said:

Nice Jas. Enjoy it, it has been worth the wait.

Well actually, that's the big question - seeing as he has waited longer than anyone else smile.png

@JAS21: So, was it worth the wait? tongue.png

Reckon so ...it's a little big and seems to float, I need to get used to 'where' the front LH corner is ...maybe my spatial awareness has failed!. Mrs JAS is a little unhappy with the seats ... both of us agree that when we sat in them at the Motor Show they were more comfortable than the ones we have fitted ... the dealer said NO NO that was because the seats in that vehicle had been used somewhat ... not convinced. To be honest the seats were somewhat of a pull towards buying it. The 8-way electrical passenger seat was a MUST for Mrs JAS and she said the self-parking feature was a MUST for me sad.png . I'll be interested in what the seats are like in the vehicle at next weeks Motor Show. Rumor has it that Ford are cutting back on the EV freebies ...not that they are giving much now.

Hopefully we will get the ceramic window film (SolarFX) fitted tomorrow or Tuesday ....sorry ACE

It's even more plush inside that I remember though. Quite impressive.

Have to say, at present, that I preferred the driving feel of our V-Cross, this is more 'limo-ish'. It will definitely grow on me though... need to read the 'on-line' manual urgently - seller told me that he will get me the English manual ... I wish that he had ordered it already ... it is free.

Roll on January 9th when it will be properly polished. After that I think I'll coat it with ECO7000.

Edited by JAS21

IMHO, on 29 Nov 2015 - 12:08, said:IMHO, on 29 Nov 2015 - 12:08, said:

Disting, on 29 Nov 2015 - 11:57, said:Disting, on 29 Nov 2015 - 11:57, said:

Nice Jas. Enjoy it, it has been worth the wait.

Well actually, that's the big question - seeing as he has waited longer than anyone else smile.png

@JAS21: So, was it worth the wait? tongue.png

Reckon so ...it's a little big and seems to float, I need to get used to 'where' the front LH corner is ...maybe my spatial awareness has failed!. Mrs JAS is a little unhappy with the seats ... both of us agree that when we sat in them at the Motor Show they were more comfortable than the ones we have fitted ... the dealer said NO NO that was because the seats in that vehicle had been used somewhat ... not convinced. To be honest the seats were somewhat of a pull towards buying it. The 8-way electrical passenger seat was a MUST for Mrs JAS and she said the self-parking feature was a MUST for me sad.png . I'll be interested in what the seats are like in the vehicle at next weeks Motor Show. Rumor has it that Ford are cutting back on the EV freebies ...not that they are giving much now.

Hopefully we will get the ceramic window film (SolarFX) fitted tomorrow or Tuesday ....sorry ACE

It's even more plush inside that I remember though. Quite impressive.

Have to say, at present, that I preferred the driving feel of our V-Cross, this is more 'limo-ish'. It will definitely grow on me though... need to read the 'on-line' manual urgently - seller told me that he will get me the English manual ... I wish that he had ordered it already ... it is free.

Roll on January 9th when it will be properly polished. After that I think I'll coat it with ECO7000.

We've been waiting for 2 months for our English manual...

Have to say, at present, that I preferred the driving feel of our V-Cross, this is more 'limo-ish'.

Don't worry, you won't miss the ride firmness, heavier steering or mechanical symphony for long - and you'll also soon find that the more plush ride does not come with a lack of road manners or handling - which I can imagine coming from a pickup would be the expectation wink.png

Don't forget to watch the speedometer when away from traffic :P

Edited by IMHO