Honest opinions on Samui hotel- Beachcomber

I was wondering if any residents down in Samui could give me an honest opinion on the Beachcomber Hotel on Chaweng in Samui.

I have done the usual searches on Trip Advisor and it seems ok. I am a long term resident here in Bangkok and have 2 friends visiting from the UK. We just need an ok hotel at a reasonable price, on the beach and close (but not too close) to the main part of town.

I really appreciate any comments.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

My g/f, little girl and myself stayed there. Arrived on Boxing day, left jan 3rd. The room was awful! Of course peak season prices too so we had to pay a silly price which was of course bumped up by that ridiculous New Year "gala dinner" crap. Ended up paying equivalent of 5,000 baht per NIGHT!!! The room we got stank of musty, damp, just dirty type of smell. It wasn't the cleanest either, the bathroom didn't work, the flush on the toilet had clearly been broken in advance as there was a Big C bag wrapped around a part that they had obviously tried to. fix but failed beforehand!

To say it was basic would be the biggest understatement ever in the entire history of understatements on planet understatement!! :-)

We asked to move room as we weren't happy nut the woman on reception just quite ignorantly basically told us tough as there was no more rooms left so we would have to stay, she almost sneered it down her nose at us. We were also refused a full refund so we could move somewhere else!, so we were there, stuck in an awful room with no other options!

The actual swimming pool and down on the beach is all good and ok though i will. give it that! My wee one loved to have the variation of the pool then running down to the beach which kept us on our toes as the sea was pretty rough so had to keep following, ha ha. So it was must the awful room and the staff/customer service i really a gripe with overall. Certainly would never set foot in it again after the way the staff looked down on us.

The New years "gala dinner" was an absolute flop, almost not a person there at all and we never even bothered. to stay either, it never got any better as later it was dead pretty early. The place wouldn't care a flying one though as they had all their money in advance so who cares about customers and the service as long as you already have their money in advance!!

In comparison we just stayed at the Briza Resort recently in N.Chaweng....FANTASTIC and i paid the same price....no comparison with the rooms and everything, the difference was unreal!! take note!,

Sorry for the long winded reply i just come across this and felt the anger growing after our stay there!

• Like 2