Longevity of Expats in Thailand

lumply

My Dad was sticking a new roof on his house at 76

Because he had no money to hire someone?

Nope he always did everything himself, I followed suit especially here, keep busy live longer...........well that an yer genes

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few tips on how to live longer:

1) Don't take sex pills as this drug promote high blood pressure and age 50 above may result stroke in blood vessel and brain damage.

2) Drink less and take some light wine which good to blood circulation before bed time.

3) Less meat, don't eat western way with too much meat, more on local products papaya salad which good for you.

4) Do some exercise go to rice field get some sweat on your body will help you sleep well and live longer.

5) Don't stress about money more expat here worry money is not enough but good management and planning will help,borrow or friends investment always not a good idea.Open small business grocery store or food stall make your income better for your stay here.

Last try to be happy as it helps you live longer and look younger.

Why are you allowed to retire to a " third/second world" country?

Because it reduces your life expectancy for about 15 years. Otherwise, you wouldn't be allowed to do so.

For "expats" who arrived before retirement, look at the life expectancy for your birth country, subtract 15 years and that's it.

Thats a bugger. I just did a Google search and according to Wikipedia qouting a List by the World Health Organization (2012) the UK is ranked #28 with the male life expectancy of 79.5 years.

I will be 71 in 2 months (assuming I live that long) but according to you I should have been dead before I collected my pension.

My parents were both 69 when they died 15 years apart, my maternal Grandmum died at 76 in 1953, my maternal granddad died at 82 in 1958. My oldest brother died at about 7 months in 1926 and my other brother died at 81 last year.

My first conclusion is that when it is time to die, you will die whatever age that may be.

My second conclusion is that you should enjoy your life while you still have it as it is the only one you will get.

Statistics are only a collection of numbers averaged out.

I only know one man over 70 with a quality life.

Mostly those over 70 are dying a slow and unhappy often painful death.

I know of quite a few expats over 70, none of whom are dying a slow and unhappy death, and my Thai friends Dad is still going on quite happily at 95.

Do you want to be very old in Thailand.

Not me.

Check out 70-75 good enough for me

maybe you can live a lot longer , for what !!!!!!!.

a load of old peoples diseases, loads of problems for your family , no thanks.

Live life a bit brighter and burn out a bit shorter , way more fun.

go to sleep one night never awake up., best way.

even better if in a St room !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.png

who wants to live forever.

How old are you by the way? blink.png

Well i am 70 and having a wale of a time ,driving messing around and rogering the wife on a regular basis ,5 of my friends are mid 70s and they are like kids in a sweetshop ,one friend is 87 and still driving and enjoying his familly ,so i suggest you get some new friends tongue.png

OK, I was half expecting that. Let's narrow it down a bit to Bangkok, CM, Phuket and Pattaya. City existence and all that involves, along with a comfortable income to live a decent life without wishing to return to home country.

Why narrow it down. People come to live in Thailand because they wish to. They, I assume, live in that part of Thailand which suits their nature best. Therefore, they are living their dream, some the city some the country. I would imagine that living the way your nature is best pleased can only be a good thing and add to your life, both in numbers and in quality. I feel half my age since coming to live here 13 years ago. When I go home and meet people my own age they look and act really old. I feel like shaking them and telling them to get their a- - over to Thailand and stop vegetating where they are now.

i guess when you get older, and you still believe that the young attractive girl is their because you are so handsum man , and not that it is a financial attracking, than, that man will be much more happy than the lonely single farang in the retirement home back in his home country where only death is waiting for him

Well i am 70 and having a wale of a time ,driving messing around and rogering the wife on a regular basis ,5 of my friends are mid 70s and they are like kids in a sweetshop ,one friend is 87 and still driving and enjoying his familly ,so i suggest you get some new friends tongue.png

How old is your wife?

Why are you allowed to retire to a " third/second world" country?

Because it reduces your life expectancy for about 15 years. Otherwise, you wouldn't be allowed to do so.

For "expats" who arrived before retirement, look at the life expectancy for your birth country, subtract 15 years and that's it.

What a load of utter twaddle.

I am 82 and still working, still go to gym 4/5 times a week, have a great life with a wonderful Thai partner, much younger than me. I do not even think of checking out before I am 98, same age that my grandparents and parents moved on.

It is not age but state of mind that determines your quality of life and def not money.

Do you want to be very old in Thailand.

Not me.

Check out 70-75 good enough for me

maybe you can live a lot longer , for what !!!!!!!.

a load of old peoples diseases, loads of problems for your family , no thanks.

Live life a bit brighter and burn out a bit shorter , way more fun.

go to sleep one night never awake up., best way.

even better if in a St room !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.png

who wants to live forever.

That is very easy to write when you are say 50.

You will change your mind when you reach the age of 70.

I thought I would live maybe another 2 years in Thailand before I finally moved over 2 years ago. I had a health check before I left Europe, and they estimated my life expectancy 35 more years or more. I am immune against most tropical diseases, no pain in my knee, no itching skin from overheated air, slightly underweight, low blood pressure, no drugs anymore, and I feel younger than 15 years ago.

I thought moving to Thailand would be the end of my life, now it looks if it's the beginning of a new life.

All kinds of problems of course, mostly from misunderstandings back in Germany.

I wouldn't even go back to Germany when I'm sick, I had my experiences with Farang medicine.

Maybe travel a bit, there are still some countries where I've never been in my life.

But first of all: Make my gf and her daughter happy. They deserve it.

Edited by micmichd

My country of birth gives me a life expectation of 78 years. - 15 years = 63. I'm ok with that.

I don't think it quite works that way.

You need to look at what the life expectancy was at the year of your birth.

It is a moving goalpost.

Some countries have a high infant mortality, so the age expectancy at birth is low.

However, once you have survived the first couple of decades, then the age expectancy goes up.

The relevant figure is the age expectancy of your current age.

Pretty sure my life will be shortened by all the crappy , poluted, poisoned food & water & air here in thailand. Cancer is coming for sure.

Can't come out of the room because of the heat.

Edited by BuaBS

I have been here for 32 years. It's fun, never dull, I love that. That said, I find that it drives my stress levels through the roof after a few months ... things like the traffic, dealing with the peculiar world view held here etc. So my solution is to get back to anywhere clean and green for a few months to get grounded and reset. If I had to live on Thailand 12 months a year I woukd have been pushing up grass years ago. So in my case, living in Thailznd would certainly be a life shortening experience.

They say sex is the best exercise. If this is true most Expats will live longer as they get more then enough of this over here. Not like back home where you have to sit and cry in front of the hole like a fox....??

I definitely disagree with you:

the high temperatures stressing your blood circulation, blood pressure and skin. (= skin cancer).

It is common sense that moderate temps as in our home countries (except Ozzie-Land) guarantee a long life.

The high pollution (3-20 times more) tops the risks. In addition think of all the unhealthy food you eat here, contaminated with chemicals which are forbidden in our countries since ages. Same with use of antibiotics in agriculture.

But continue in closing your eyes and dreaming of a good life

I thought I would live maybe another 2 years in Thailand before I finally moved over 2 years ago. I had a health check before I left Europe, and they estimated my life expectancy 35 more years or more. I am immune against most tropical diseases, no pain in my knee, no itching skin from overheated air, slightly underweight, low blood pressure, no drugs anymore, and I feel younger than 15 years ago.

I thought moving to Thailand would be the end of my life, now it looks if it's the beginning of a new life.

All kinds of problems of course, mostly from misunderstandings back in Germany.

I wouldn't even go back to Germany when I'm sick, I had my experiences with Farang medicine.

Maybe travel a bit, there are still some countries where I've never been in my life.

But first of all: Make my gf and her daughter happy. They deserve it.

if you are German you should have watched in German TV; OBESE LIVE LONGER. So be careful with your underweight.