All around the border - all done and dusted

Oh, while I remember... As for big bikes not being suitable for Thailand as suggested in a thread on hot bikes, I wish I'd known before I set out on this trip... would have made all the difference... Dolt!

You may have to interrupt the trip quite a bit to fix oil leaks & such.

Other than that BMW are ok for touring.

^

Only my second trip-stopping/interrupting issue in 50,000 km. I've no idea if that is good or bad, but it seems OK to me...

You reported mechanical probs & interruptions at Kanchanapisek, Chiang Mai, and Buriram.

3x in 5000km.

& still leaking?

^

Only my second trip-stopping/interrupting issue in 50,000 km. I've no idea if that is good or bad, but it seems OK to me...

You reported mechanical probs & interruptions at Kanchanapisek, Chiang Mai, and Buriram.

3x in 5000km.

& still leaking?

But no problems the first 45k

Not quite. Kanchanaburi was my bad no changing out my battery before setting off, and the rest were all the same issue being stop-gapped...

:)

^

3x in 5000km.

& still leaking?

I see.

Barcelona Motors CNX was unable to effect a proper repair then.

"Day 5 - Nong Khai to Nakorn Phanom https://goo.gl/maps/Bym7v

An easy route as it turns out… I was headed to Ubon, but when I returned to my bike from lunch in Nakorn Phanom, there was oil on the road so I ended up losing 29 hours for repairs.

post-141207-0-98555600-1426219541_thumb.

And after the 29-hr repair, still leaking?

Where are the Motor Werks elves when you need them!?

Nice one . Did the same trip 30 years ago with a couple of Canadians ....all on Honda 100 cc machines. Grueling but rewarding although we cheated by having a two month break between doing the north and northeast. Had to give our internal organs time to recover from the pounding of the terrible roads of the time.