Form for renewal of retirement extension, Multiple re-entry

Out of interest, if you renew the retirement extension about 30 days ahead of expiry date, is the existing re-entry permit still valid up to the old expiry date (provided you return to Thailand prior to the expiry date)?

Or does the validity lapse when you renew the extension?

Out of interest, if you renew the retirement extension about 30 days ahead of expiry date, is the existing re-entry permit still valid up to the old expiry date (provided you return to Thailand prior to the expiry date)?

Or does the validity lapse when you renew the extension?

Your re-entry permit has an expiry date on it and remains valid until that date, so yes if you apply 30 days early and leave and return within those 30 days your re-entry permit would still be valid. Just don't return after the new extension begins, than it will no longer be valid.

Most people will of course just get a new multiple re-entry permit.

Uh-oh, not a good sign when Ubon Joe and Mario disagree about the validity of re-entry permit after a new extension has been received. Which one of you guys is right?

I get scorn and derision heaped on me when I suggest using a visa assistance service. Given the huge complexity of the Thai system, life's too short to be worrying about this crap.

I will shortly be renewing my Retirement Visa. Have there been any rule changes since this time last year?

There have been no changes to the rules.

A local immigration offices could change their documents required policy though.

• Like 1

Hmmm, Mario2008 have a point there Ubonjoe!!

Glegolo

I think I will stand by my position that it is invalid because the permit to stay date is not the same. Immigration should really stamp an existing re-entry permit as cancelled.

Using a re-entry permit that gives a permit to stay date different than the existing one would cancel out the existing one.

Glegolo

I think I will stand by my position that it is invalid because the permit to stay date is not the same. Immigration should really stamp an existing re-entry permit as cancelled.

Using a re-entry permit that gives a permit to stay date different than the existing one would cancel out the existing one.

Thank you for clearing that up Joe!!

Glegolo

Glegolo

Thanks for the input guys..

It was only a hypothetical question that had intrigued me for a bit as am just about to renew my retirement extension.

However, no matter what your response had been I would always have a re-entry permit that matched, date-wise, with the extension. Arguing the issue at immigration (either airport or Soi 5) if they had a different view would have been a hassle, particularly with the possibility of having to apply for a new extension from scratch.

I am about to renew my extension of stay (retirement) we now need to here in Phuket provide a copy of the owners house book (tambian ban) my landlord will not give me a copy of his. Does the Thai government require him to do this? Saw this posted on Ask The Lawyer the other day the lawyer told the OP to move. Suggestions!

I am about to renew my extension of stay (retirement) we now need to here in Phuket provide a copy of the owners house book (tambian ban) my landlord will not give me a copy of his. Does the Thai government require him to do this? Saw this posted on Ask The Lawyer the other day the lawyer told the OP to move. Suggestions!

He is required by law to report your stay (and probably also to pay taxes over the rent he recieves and that will be his main problem). Enforcement might well mean that he terminates the rental agreement.

You have to simply inform him that it is only for immigraiton and that the informaiton is not past on to the revenue department and see what he says.

Glegolo

Thank you for clearing that up Joe!!

Glegolo

I stand by my position.

The new permisison to stay doesn't cancel the old permisison to stay. It is just added to the existing permission to stay and starts when the current permisison to stay ends. (By law you can't get a permisison to stay for longer than 1 year at a time, safe exceptions).

If they stamp you in with the old permisison to stay, that would be no problem. The new permission to stay is already granted but not yet in effect. It starts when the old permisison to stay ends.

• Like 1

He is required by law to report your stay (and probably also to pay taxes over the rent he recieves and that will be his main problem). Enforcement might well mean that he terminates the rental agreement.

You have to simply inform him that it is only for immigraiton and that the informaiton is not past on to the revenue department and see what he says.

So all I should do is simply inform him to trust me that this information will not be used except by the immigration department. And if he still declines what do you suggest I do? Sure there will be many more who have a problem with this. Immigration needs a form in Thai that can be given to the owners that explains this process to them. Also need to require them to comply with this new requirement for me having to get a Thai to give me a copy of his house book and copy of his ID card. I know if in my home country if my tennent asked me for a copy of my deed and ID I might be a bit suspicious.

ThaiTerry, on 24 Mar 2015 - 15:25, said:
Mario2008, on 24 Mar 2015 - 14:36, said:
ThaiTerry, on 24 Mar 2015 - 14:25, said:

So all I should do is simply inform him to trust me that this information will not be used except by the immigration department. And if he still declines what do you suggest I do? Sure there will be many more who have a problem with this. Immigration needs a form in Thai that can be given to the owners that explains this process to them. Also need to require them to comply with this new requirement for me having to get a Thai to give me a copy of his house book and copy of his ID card. I know if in my home country if my tennent asked me for a copy of my deed and ID I might be a bit suspicious.

You need a copy of his ID card and his Tabian Ban, both signed by the landlord.

Download a copy of form TM30, hand that to him and tell him the Immigration Department want you to fill in that form and supply a signed copy of your ID card and Tabian Ban.

My tact would be let him think Immigration are asking for it, not you.

If he supplies them, take plenty of copies so you don't have to ask him again.

Otherwise I'd ring 1111, tell them the problem and let them ring your landlord.