Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

24 minutes ago, stoney79 said:

Can't get past 1st page using either IE or Chrome.  Advice please.

I assume you are getting the message to contact your local immigration office that means your record could not be found,

If your last entry to the country was prior 2013 or you have gotten a new passport since you most recent entry either of those would be the reason for getting the message. Both would require leaving and entering the country to do online 90 day reports.

Or an error when completing the required fields marked with a *. I suggest you only complete the required fields.

A common error is not using the drop down menu for your nationality.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Zyxel said:

Some info which might help some. I did successfully many times in past my reporting on-line but yesterday after filling the second page and clicking on "Submit" I got a message in Thai, then after clicking on the "OK" button I am back to the second page with the non mandatory field "Special Service" showing an additional  small window about Work permit number etc, which confused me, thinking the problem was about this field. Back to the message in Thai, my limited knowledge in Thai script allowed me to recognize " อีเมล " which means email. The text of the message cannot be copied and then pasted in Google Translate otherwise I would may-be have solved my problem earlier. From the beginning I have been using my email address [email protected] without problem. So I changed it to an other one, [email protected] and , bingo, It worked. I am know pending.

I don't know why [email protected] is not accepted anymore as I cannot understand the message in Thai. Hopefully, this can help some.

Thanks a lot for the tip.

I had exactly the same issue this morning.

I used a 3bbmail address and it always worked, this morning same popup as you and additional requests for Work permit number (I am on extension based on retirement !!) I went back changing my email to a gmail one and here I am pending, it should be ready in an hour I guess.

Email filter messed up? I used a xxxxxxxx.com address, if that's the problem, my guess would be the regexp they're using to check for valid emails does not accept xxxxxxx.yy.zz, only xxxxxxxxx.yy. Maybe someone can confirm. nOOb programmer's mistakes. Workaround would be using f.ex. gmail.com .

As I mentioned earlier, I never got any email back anyway. 

8 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Email filter messed up? I used a xxxxxxxx.com address, if that's the problem, my guess would be the regexp they're using to check for valid emails does not accept xxxxxxx.yy.zz, only xxxxxxxxx.yy. Maybe someone can confirm. nOOb programmer's mistakes. Workaround would be using f.ex. gmail.com .

As I mentioned earlier, I never got any email back anyway. 

3bbmail is a dot com address :  [email protected]

3bb mail severs are based in Thailand that maybe the issue.

As long as I used the 90 days online I have always received an email notification when it was ready.

Imm Notify.jpg

50 minutes ago, egypte said:

3bbmail is a dot com address :  [email protected]

3bb mail severs are based in Thailand that maybe the issue.

As long as I used the 90 days online I have always received an email notification when it was ready.

Imm Notify.jpg

Anyone know if Nonthaburi use the system ...I'm still posting ... last time MrsJ asked for me it was ...not work!

50 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Anyone know if Nonthaburi use the system ...I'm still posting ... last time MrsJ asked for me it was ...not work!

As far as I know they still refuse to process online reports and do not allow mailed in reports.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

As far as I know they still refuse to process online reports and do not allow mailed in reports.

Joe ... I mail every 90 Day report and have done for a couple of years ... they now don't return the bottom bit of the form that I send but their own return slip...they last sent me my 90 Day Report return on 21st Aug which has warnings

... not an extension of stay

... check expiry date of visa in your passport

... fine for overdue notification not exceeding 5000thb

EMS there and 9thb stamped addressed envelope for return.

Maybe of interest for someone .......

Edited by JAS21

On 9/7/2018 at 4:15 PM, ubonjoe said:

I assume you are getting the message to contact your local immigration office that means your record could not be found,

If your last entry to the country was prior 2013 or you have gotten a new passport since you most recent entry either of those would be the reason for getting the message. Both would require leaving and entering the country to do online 90 day reports.

Or an error when completing the required fields marked with a *. I suggest you only complete the required fields.

A common error is not using the drop down menu for your nationality.

Using Google Chrome (and Opera), filling everything perfectly after checking. I get the message to go there. I even went to see them to see one week ago (after I tried) to  see if all was in order and to check on the date to use. It did not work the first time because I was too early. But, now Sept. 23 is looming. What to do? Thanks.

Incidentally, I read Ubonjoe more carefully and saw that my given names were not required for me. So, I did without on both browsers and I get the same messages. I am going to phone the number they provide too, just to see what is going on. Is it because I am doing it on the weekend?

Edited by JestSetter

33 minutes ago, JestSetter said:

Incidentally, I read Ubonjoe more carefully and saw that my given names were not required for me. So, I did without on both browsers and I get the same messages. I am going to phone the number they provide too, just to see what is going on. Is it because I am doing it on the weekend?

You only need your surname entered. You only need to compete the ones that have a beside them.

All you can do is try again later.

It can be an error in the database done when you last entered the country since that is the only thing that it has in it.

Nothing to do with it being a weekend. 

On 5/31/2018 at 2:19 PM, madisongy said:

So apparently, your first 90 day report must be done in person.   This is according to the gal who was cranking people through the system this morning at a pretty good clip.  (the guy next to her was doing about 20% of her volume).

Arrived late, got number 162 at 10:12am while they were calling for number 73.   Squeaked through just under the lunch wire..........number 162 called at 11:45.   Gal at the window slammed me outta there in about two minutes.

Hopefully next time is all clear online.

Is this confirmed by anyone? How about mailing the report? 

I am not too sure if I am the only one who has had some difficulty with one of the AOs in Chiang Mai, but she seems to makes many errors --or find ways to have people make errors-- and berated my wife after she asked a question that was legitimate. 

Just to be clear, I have never done this type of extension or reporting before in my 10 years of being in and out of Thailand during which time I used various tourist visas (often 6 months, multiple entry types, of course).

This is what took place when I wanted to "extend" my visa for the first time. I did a visa-run on March 26, which gave me 90 days to the end of the O visa or June 23. I went at the office about 15 days (June 8 ) before.  I know we are supposed to do it before, but I was busy with other matters. Anyway, there is no information anywhere that was given to me or any website link that was given by them to know. Anyway, she gave me a meeting date that happened to be 30 days after the end of the visa (I got a temporary visa, as I see it) or July 23. (She actually made an error --or changed her mind -- and changed the Aug 2 meeting to July 23). She crossed that date out (and, initially, I thought the line that she crossed the Aug. 2 date was  a line. It is then that I realized that the date above that is the actual date that the meeting/pick up of the passport had to take place.) Most mortals would have put that date just BELOW the wrong date. I would have put it below and make sure I cross the wrong date in a clear manner. We went there as told on July 23 and had someone else give us the passport back with the extension (a new visa, in essence). No explanation. Now, strangely, she counted the start of the 90 days from the day I went to immigration to request an extension (June 8 ) not from the end of my original visa (June 23). In essence she has cheated me of 15 days. Oddly though, the end of the new extension is June 23, 2019, which seems to indicate that --in effect-- she screwed up. 

I had noticed, but dismissed the card at the end of the passport that indicates that "To notify again on ... " I dismissed the date ... "5 Sept, 2018". Actually, at some point I thought this was the date when I could report (as one must do this before 15 days ... I thought that this would be the date when I could do the online reporting. But, now, I am thinking that she made an error or will tell me that the start of your extension is when you visited us initially. I think this is not what happens. How could they cheat me of 15 days like that? Do they cheat all people like this? I paid for a one year visa, not a 345 days visa! Beside, I had reported in Chiang Mai by visiting the office on the 23 of July! That was 30 days after the expiry of my visa. And now I am required to report after 60 days? Why do I need to report after 60 days? I think she made an error.

Btw, I am counting 8 dates on that page. Maybe there should be someone at immigration that could HIGHLIGHT the dates that matter to us so that we don't screw up. Of course, they do want us to screw up. Wink, wink,...

vosa.thumb.jpg.f4d69fb41ccac6d05ecbbdf15d4eddf1.jpg

Edited by JestSetter

1 hour ago, Arjen said:

I can confirm the opposite. I did my first 90 days after reentering the country on-line last week. And it has been confirmed.

Arjen.

I guess I know have a coherent explanation as to why I am having a problem reporting online. See previous post. Thanks for the posting.

On 9/9/2018 at 8:26 PM, JestSetter said:

vosa.thumb.jpg.f4d69fb41ccac6d05ecbbdf15d4eddf1.jpg

Following some discussions at the Chiang Mai imm. office with the staff and then the boss, the extension does start when the visa or the other extension ends, BUT (unless I have been scammed) the 90 day reporting starts when one makes the request (hands in the packages of document requesting an extension). I will confirm this with a new topic to see if this is true, a regional quirk, or the law, as it was asserted.

It is worth noting that, in my example, when I came yesterday, one of the ladies threatened me with the penalty (500 B./day) claiming that I was late. When I dug my heel and she brought the boss to discuss this matter, he explained there was a dichotomy. There are 2 systems, which explains the independent dates (the 90 day reporting starts and the extension starts). After a nice explanation provided by him. I kindly pointed out to him that this was a bit contrived. Of course, he told me he is not making the laws. In any case, when the issue of being late was raised by me and me being penalized, he quickly mentioned that I was not late if I made the reporting in person. Apparently, there is a 7 day grace period when you do. So, the online reporting can be done (as stated in many places) 15 days to 7 days before the reporting is due. Not sure, what the rules are for mailing. Notice that sometimes it is worth being brave and expressing one's displeasure, respectfully and softly. I could have followed the lady and pay her some nice extra money. She looked so innocent and honest when she stated it too. 

It would really help if this information was readily available (pinned on Thaivisa) for all people needing to do extensions. Ubonjoe, if I were to make a nice post with all of that information, could it be pinned?

Edited by JestSetter

9 minutes ago, JestSetter said:

It would really help if this information was readily available (pinned on Thaivisa) for all people needing to do extensions. Ubonjoe, if I were to make a nice post with all of that information, could it be pinned?

I am not really sure what your problem was.

You mentioned a 500 baht a day fine which for overstaying your permit to stay. The normal fine for late 90 day report is 2000 baht. The max fine for being late or not doing 90 day reports is 5000 baht.

Only the first extension of stay application is considered as doing a 90 day report. The first report is due 90 days from the date you apply for the extension. Looking at your stamps it appears your 90 day report was due on September 5th.

Just wanted to report that I for the first time managed to do my 90 days online - [Mac - Safari] - managed to submit and within 1.5 hrs got the confirmation via email that my 90 days were approved.... ! 

On 9/11/2018 at 4:20 PM, ubonjoe said:

I am not really sure what your problem was.

You mentioned a 500 baht a day fine which for overstaying your permit to stay. The normal fine for late 90 day report is 2000 baht. The max fine for being late or not doing 90 day reports is 5000 baht.

Only the first extension of stay application is considered as doing a 90 day report. The first report is due 90 days from the date you apply for the extension. Looking at your stamps it appears your 90 day report was due on September 5th.

So, the issue is that I assumed that the extension would start at the same time that my visa expired. It doesn't. As you state, they construe that it starts as you stated. How can one make a procedure more contrived? Really? I visited that office one more time one month later than the June date. Why make it easy on people, hey? 

Now, I should be fair. There are 3 ways to report and there is a large window from which one can do it.

NO ONE mentioned anything about the procedures and the timeline when I applied, when I received the permit. NO ONE! Yes, on the back of my passport there is a paper stapled (easy to miss if one does not know) saying that I must "notify". HOW? No information on how. 

One must go to TV and ask several questions to get to the bottom of the procedures.

When I ask the precise information on how one must notify to be pinned, no one does it. 

No system is perfect I realize that. I think it would be nice if there was a nice slip of paper inserted in the passport, indicating the 3 different ways to notify and the details for all of them?

Why is this made so complicated? Yes, they have laws, but laws can be changed. Laws are arbitrary. There are bad and stupid laws.

The next progress would be to align all of those dates so that the first 90 days extension is actually 90 days from the end of the visa. (It can be 80 days long when one applies online! Cheating us of 10 days is okay?)  True, they do have that grace period whereby we are allowed to do it by going there and do it up to 7 days "late". Ah! You see! It can be done "late". 

Anyway, I don't foresee anyone changing the ways. Too many people are taking a cut. The para-legal company that scared my wife telling her that an extension of a marriage visa would be hard benefit and almost got me to pay up. (As a person with a sufficient pension to qualify, it was easy. Apart from the absurd amount of paper work and copies (Thailand 4.0?) and a visit to the office with a witness vouching that our marriage was legit, going there one more time to get the approval,... it was easy.) Making these procedures complicated drive people to come back to TV too.  I am sure that there are a few people missing a few steps too which allows the imm. department to pay for whatever is needed that year. There are possible reasons why the procedure is so opaque.

How hard is it to have ONE simple pin topic explaining clearly what the procedure entails with all the fine print and details indicated there?

Why can't people understand that if there are many people screwing up (not sure what the stats are), it could be their fault too? Why is this mindset that it is always the person who screws up who is wrong? Of course, we would not want ANYONE to lose face! ANYONE? 

Finally, I am sure that these kinds of systemic issues are prevalent in the West too. Who wants to complain when a permission to stay is on the line? As a result, systems do not improve. No oversight. No ombudsperson.

The procedure --once it is delineated-- is not that hard to follow, btw. It is a bit contrived with the dual date issue. I appreciated and admire the grace period though. The procedure could be a few paragraphs long with a few post scriptums for odd regional or local cases. The local offices could print this at the same time they approve matters. I have seen this on TV, buried somewhere.

So any chance of one nicely pinned post where it should be with a nice helpful title in capital letters like 90 days extension procedure? I have seen it somewhere. I did not have a chance to look at it and see if it is comprehensive, but ... it will be more helpful than having to read 270 pages or more to get to the bottom of this.

Edited by JestSetter

Just tried to do my report online and am being told to report to the office.

My original report was due on the 3rd of September, but on the 10 of July I did my yearly extension of stay and they put a notice in my passport saying my next report would be due on the 8th of October rather than the 3rd of September. So if there is a mistake it is of their making. 

Will I be looking at a fine for not reporting on the 3rd of Sep ?

There is a tick where the customs officers signature should be.

6 minutes ago, berybert said:

My original report was due on the 3rd of September, but on the 10 of July I did my yearly extension of stay and they put a notice in my passport saying my next report would be due on the 8th of October rather than the 3rd of September.

Apparently they did a new 90 day report for you when you applied for the extension.

As long as you have that notice in your passport you will not fined for not doing the report.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Apparently they did a new 90 day report for you when you applied for the extension.

As long as you have that notice in your passport you will not fined for not doing the report.

I was hoping that would be the case. Shame they are so incapable of entering the same onto their computer programme. 

The move from Promenada doesn't appear to have affected the online 90-day processing .. in my experience anyway.

I submitted 13 days before due date this morning at 8:40 and it was approved mid-afternoon. 'The next appointment' printed off without problem

As usual: only filled in the boxes with a red asterisk and used the drop-down menu where available; including the calendar for dates.

Good evening everyone, 

Did my 90 days report online this afternoon around 1pm. It got approved within the hour, it was the faster ever. As usual: only filled in the boxes with a red asterisk and used the drop-down menu where available. 

This is my 6th successful consecutive online since 2015 reporting

(didn't have to report when I went back to Sydney in 2007 and 2008 since I left before the 90 days report was due)

despite what I read in here I always had it approved without any issues. 

Hope this helps others, 

Bangkok address on a non O extension Thai wife 

Walailak 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1