Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

28 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

What makes me happy with this online stuff is that I only have to go to Immigration once a year for an extension, more than enough.

Like shopping at Tops today, just took out my credit card to pay, and it was totally painless.  Just keep cash for odds and sods like petrol.

Use an agent for your yearly extension and you never need to go to Immigration again, except for a C of R if you need one. That's well worth the 15K cost 

• Thanks 1

I'm confused..

There's a Visa Amnesty until 26 September.

Linked post says:

"This means foreigners in Thailand are also exempted from doing the mandatory 90 day reporting"

My Questions:

- Is this only meant for foreigners who are stuck in Thailand because of the Covid situation??

- Or for everybody else living here as well: Expats, Retirees, Married to a Thai??

I'm on a "One Year Extension of Stay" based on marriage, valid until the end of 2020.

Living in Thailand full time.

Do I need to do my 90 Day reports or not??

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Use an agent for your yearly extension and you never need to go to Immigration again,

Unfortunately, you do need to pop in for their digital photo. Believe even Thai Elite visa holders are required to do this....

... or are you referring to illegitimate agents?

Edited by JimGant

4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

@Khawphod

> NOT required during the Amnesty period (extended till 26 September),

Thanks Peter,

That would be great.

Been trying to do an online report for the last week, using 3 different browsers.

But nothing seems to work anymore. Triple checked all my data. No success.

So I guess we just have to wait two months for the new orders from our beloved leaders :-)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Since doing it on-line is so very easy I don't look at it that I lose days, more save the fuel and effort (never mind danger) of a 30km round trip. If I had got caught in yesterday's rain I could have drowned.

I totally agree with your view @jacko45k. It's about 170 Km round trip to my IO. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JimGant said:

Unfortunately, you do need to pop in for their digital photo. Believe even Thai Elite visa holders are required to do this....

... or are you referring to illegitimate agents?

not true,

agent can handle that... been there...done that

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 10:10 AM, zzzzz said:

not true,

agent can handle that... been there...done that

Surely you would need to go to the bank to obtain your letter confirming the amount in your bank account? Then that letter has to be given to the agent for submission with your TM7. In the case of our Immigration Office the letter from the bank has to be issued the same date as the application.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Surely you would need to go to the bank to obtain your letter confirming the amount in your bank account?

No, agent takes care of that requirement, unless you are simply using them to do the legwork.

57 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

No, agent takes care of that requirement, unless you are simply using them to do the legwork.

I don't think how much the agent has in the bank is relevant?

That sounds somewhat illegal to me. Or at least very dodgy.

I'll stick with my 45 minute drive each way and ฿1,900.00 once per year as I have done for the last 20 years.

21 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

FWIW, it looks like for those who chose not to file a 90-day report during the relief/amnesty period Mar 26 - Jul 31, you must file a 90-day report during the period Aug 1-31, 2020.

Has there been an announcement by Immigration how they would handle those that did not file them during the Amnesty period?  Haven't seen it yet, but would be interested in such announcement.

13 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I don't think how much the agent has in the bank is relevant?

That sounds somewhat illegal to me. Or at least very dodgy.

I'll stick with my 45 minute drive each way and ฿1,900.00 once per year as I have done for the last 20 years.

I simply mentioned what actually happens.... what the agent puts in a particular account, be it the applicants or one set up to appear so, is usually there for a short time. Figure it out....

Whether it is illegal has been well discussed here, the answer often is immigration can sign off on an application if they so choose. A means to an end.

If you are capable of doing it yourself, and have the money on deposit, of course, do it, as I do.

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Whether it is illegal has been well discussed here, the answer often is immigration can sign off on an application if they so choose. A means to an end.

One has to wonder why the Immigration Officer would choose to do that.

Edited by Yorkie

A little discussion with an "Agent" that I had on-line a few months ago (they contacted me).

"We have been receiving an increased amount of questions from expats that are afraid of flying because of the recent news about the coronavirus.

We would like to inform you that we can provide emergency short term visas for individuals which do not have a long term visa already.

We can help with many situations. If you know anyone who needs our assistance we would appreciate it if you shared our contact information with them.

LINE: http://thaivisacentre.com/l/line

PHONE: 02-508-8428

Stay safe

I have had an extension of stay (which is not a visa) for 18 years now. It costs me ฿1,900.00 p.a. (not ฿14,000.00). Why should I be interested in purchasing what you continue to incorrectly term as a visa?

Because you are 18, we can help you get a 1 Year Thai Visa for British passport, but we do need more details.

Can you please provide us with your EMAIL address?

Of course not. I am 71 years old.

We need your EMAIL address so our agent can contact you. (we do not spam...)

You are not listening.

I will not be able to put you in contact with an agent without an EMAIL address.

Why the **** would I need an agent?

This account is assisted by automation We can provide you a 1 Year Visa for 35,000 THB (if you have a long stay visa already) all we require is passport + photo We service all of Thailand.

If you do not provide a email you will not be put in contact with a human.

Why would I possibly need a 1 year visa? I have lived in Thailand for 20 years

Again, I will not be able to put you in contact with an agent without an EMAIL address.

P*** off!

I will have to redirect you to a robot if you do not provide us with a valid EMAIL."

• Haha 2

On 7/22/2020 at 1:56 PM, OneeyedJohn said:

What makes me happy with this online stuff is that I only have to go to Immigration once a year for an extension, more than enough.

Like shopping at Tops today, just took out my credit card to pay, and it was totally painless.  Just keep cash for odds and sods like petrol.

This post certainly seems to have resulted in a magical mystery :offtopic:tour over the past couple of pages with zero relevance to online 90-day reporting, hasn't it?:clap2:

Edited by OJAS

Yesterday I input online for the first time 90-day reporting. The 90-day report due before that I submitted at Chaengwattana, and for the past 8 years I've lived here with my O-A Retirement visa, I satisfied this requirement usually by traveling outside Thailand. When I input online it asked for my last TM6, which was 6 months ago. It did not ask me for the 90-day report I filed at Chaengwattana 3 months ago. I suppose this doesn't matter, given that 90-day reporting is suspended anyways -- correct? Also, how long does it take for the online 90-day report to be approved -- it still shows, after more than one day, pending.

10 minutes ago, gajah said:

Also, how long does it take for the online 90-day report to be approved -- it still shows, after more than one day, pending.

It can take from hours to several days to be done. One day is not much.

• Like 1

Agree. Last time for me was 4 days as pending, then suddenly 2 emails (one short one and then the large acceptance one)

Well, still having problems with online. Did 5 CAPTCHA passes already but as told to Joe, I get a box telling me to contact office. Despite using all of the stuff from the March acceptance email (personal details etc, and I havent left the country but I did renew my Retirement Ex last week)

Im on Mac but tried with Chrome and Safari. Questions to anybody:

Does it help to download IE and use it?

Does it help to leave the non-red information blank? eg flight number. I once read this.

Do we long-timers have only to 31 August for 90 days? I am 4 weeks late and the IO last week didnt care. Somebody told me we have the same extension to 27 September just like the guys who are stuck.

Has the 90 day gone back to Muang Thon Thani again?

Cheers

Eddy

33 minutes ago, pauleddy said:

Do we long-timers have only to 31 August for 90 days? I am 4 weeks late and the IO last week didnt care. Somebody told me we have the same extension to 27 September just like the guys who are stuck.

It is not mandatory to do them in August according the the ministerial notice. No changes to the previous extension.

33 minutes ago, pauleddy said:

Has the 90 day gone back to Muang Thong Thani again?

Yes

I just did 90 day online yesterday, and got an email today that it is approved.

But how about this, from "Check my application" menu, anyone with your passport number, date of birth and nationality can see all your applications and open them, see your email, phone number and home address etc.... !?!?!? It is a bit concerning, I wish they just allowed using reference number. Is there anyway to delete it or make it inaccessible... !?

I thought anyone from anywhere in the world can do it, but then I noticed immigration website does not open if you don't have a Thai IP address, I use VPN sometimes and it does not open if I use it. So at least it is restricted to Thailand. But imagine this info is there for all to see for eternity...!!!?   (and worried about Facebook and Google having our data...lol)

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

But how about this, from "Check my application" menu, anyone with your passport number, date of birth and nationality can see all your applications and open them, see your email, phone number and home address etc.... !?!?!? It is a bit concerning, I wish they just allowed using reference number. Is there anyway to delete it or make it inaccessible... !?

Not sure how many people would know the info you mentioned.

There is no way to change it.

52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure how many people would know the info you mentioned.

There is no way to change it.

Anyone who has a photocopy of my passport,  and anywhere you go there days they want one, quite a lot of people... ! ! !

There is an menu option to cancel application,  has anyone tried that after approval...!? 

Edited by Agusts

2 hours ago, Agusts said:

I just did 90 day online yesterday, and got an email today that it is approved.

I thought anyone from anywhere in the world can do it, but then I noticed immigration website does not open if you don't have a Thai IP address, I use VPN sometimes and it does not open if I use it. So at least it is restricted to Thailand. But imagine this info is there for all to see for eternity...!!!?   (and worried about Facebook and Google having our data...lol)

Is this making you sleepless? Don't worry so much about 90 days reports. There must be other stuff that's more important in the world and probably more scary. 

• Like 1