Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A TM30 report is not required now unless you change the address that immigration has in their records. That changed in June last year.

Although I have lived in Thailand many years now, the TM28 and TM30 requirements continue to confuse me (which could be my age, of course). Five or six years ago my wife completed a TM30 after being asked to do so by Immigration (no problem and no fine for not having submitted one for the previous 15 years). There has never been a TM28 submitted by me or on my behalf.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Although I have lived in Thailand many years now, the TM28 and TM30 requirements continue to confuse me (which could be my age, of course). Five or six years ago my wife completed a TM30 after being asked to do so by Immigration (no problem and no fine for not having submitted one for the previous 15 years). There has never been a TM28 submitted by me or on my behalf.

What is your .

Unless you change address  you no longer need to file a TM30 when you return to your address from trip to another province or trip out of Thailand.

15 hours ago, Olmate said:

Are hotels etc able to report your stay during this time,does anyone know.Thanks.

I know some hotels are using the TM30 Excel spreadsheet, which can be used to upload to the website, and emailing that nightly to Immigration.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What is your .

Unless you change address  you no longer need to file a TM30 when you return to your address from trip to another province or trip out of Thailand.

When I spend a few days in a hotel in another province, the "owners" are required to complete a TM30 and submit that to Immigration. Does that change the address that Immigration have on file for me?

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What is your .

True but they can still ask to see your last TM30 report when doing a 90 day report, as I was last week.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

True but they can still ask to see your last TM30 report when doing a 90 day report, as I was last week.

My sense is that some/many/most/all IOs want the TM47 address being reported to match the TM30 address currently in the system.

If they match, no problems. If they don't then you'd have to report a new TM30.

No clue how Imm. deals with subsequent "temporary" (hotel) TM30s in their systems? We were told, after the most recent TM30 kerfuffle, that we did not need to file a new TM30 (as a result of travel within, or from outside of, Thailand) as long as we were returning to our "original" address.

All this so they can try to find someone seems silly. Just dispatch the BMW, or ring them on their mobile and ask where they are. It's good to see that Security Kabuki is popular everywhere.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

No clue how Imm. deals with subsequent "temporary" (hotel) TM30s in their systems?

It's a check in AND a check out filed by the hotel...so it is closed out when you leave, assuming you go home to your permanent address on file

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, your local Imm Office can ask to see the TM-30 notification of your address being located in their province.  Normally they would not do that, as it actually only proves their own chaotic administration when they need to ask for that.

A 90-day report is nothing more than a confirmation that the address where you are living in their province has not changed.  So without a TM-30 being filed (notification that that is your official address for Immigration purposes) your 90-day report cannot be approved.

Note: Your 'last' TM-30 report is not the one filed by a Hotel, guesthouse when you made a trip, but is the one that you filed in person at your local Imm Office when relocating there (and which was confirmed as not having changed by your subsequent 90-day reports).  Since June 2020 there is no need anymore to notify your local Imm Office that you have come back from an inter-provincial or even international trip when you go back to your 'official address for immigration purposes' in the province where you are staying.  Your filed TM30 will stay valid as long as your permission to stay is kept alive (including its extension or when using a Re-Entry Permit).  So it is only when exiting Thailand and entering on a new Visa, that you would need to file a TM-30 again (and of course also if your are relocating to a new address in your own or a different province).

If you use a hotel stay and their notification of your stay in your application to do your yearly extension,say eg in Pattaya, but actually live elsewhere,IO would not know your actual address.  Subsequent 90 days also done at same office. Just saying.

29 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

A 90-day report is nothing more than a confirmation that the address where you are living in their province has not changed.  So without a TM-30 being filed (notification that that is your official address for Immigration purposes) your 90-day report cannot be approved.

Additional note > When making use of a Fixer Agent to circumvent the financial requirements when applying for your 1-year extension of stay, the Fixer Agent will in most cases do your application at a 'friendly' Immigration Office up-country where he has connections.  But the consequence of him doing so is that you when you receive your passport with the 1-year permission to stay stamp, you would have to visit your local Imm Office and file a TM-30 to notify them that you have relocated back to your 'official address for Immigration purposes' (which of course you haven't left in the first place).  Because otherwise you would not be able to get your subsequent 90-day reports approved (as these are nothing more than a confirmation that your official address for immigration purposes has not changed).

Obviously, when filing that 'relocation' TM-30 (which has to be done in person) the Immigration Officer will know exactly what has happened when he sees your new 1-year extension provided by an up-country Imm Office.  But the practice is accepted, and the Imm officer will not make any problems about it, as he does not know which higher-up Imm officials might be involved that got their 'piece of the cake' and so it is wise not to rock the boat. 

20 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

No, the regulations concerning TM30 reports changed, effective 30th June 2020.

TM30ReportingRegulation.pdf 41.16 kB · 0 downloads

As I discovered early this week when booking a hotel for a few days over Songkran, the hotel owner informed my my Passport would be required for check in, obviously for a TM30 report - No!

It's my extension (permission of stay) she needs to copy.

According to her, Immigration have advised the hotel no longer needs to file a new TM30, if the foreigner has an extension of permission of stay, provided the date of departure is earlier than the permission of stay granted. It is now assumed you will return to your 'registered' address already filed at an Immigration office.

They now just need a copy of Passport and permission of stay stamp to be kept on file in case of an Immigration audit.

That prompted me to re-read the regulation and I guess she's referring to this:

2.2 After a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or
hotel manager already made a notification according to 2.1, then the alien
goes to occasionally stay somewhere else and return to stay at the original place
within the notified period of stay that has not yet ended, such householder,
owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager is not required to make
a notification again.

In other words if you've already filed and registered a TM30 and are returning to that original registered address, the hotel is no longer required to file a TM30.

Thanks for that clarification, which makes perfect sense.

Well, April 1st came and went and (surprise, surprise!) extranet.immigration.go.th is still offline LOL.

I'm heading to Imm office with paper in hand to get this over with.  I wonder if I'll be doing the same 90 days from today ????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Well, April 1st came and went and (surprise, surprise!) extranet.immigration.go.th is still offline LOL.

They fooled us again...ha ha ha. I'm going on Wednesday....and week before Songkran...gonna be packed...sigh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

They fooled us again...ha ha ha. I'm going on Wednesday....and week before Songkran...gonna be packed...sigh

In 43 days they can't replace their security certificate???  Only in Thailand!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

In 43 days they can't replace their security certificate???  Only in Thailand!

The extranet was down before the certificate expired. Why renew if for something that is not working.

• Like 2

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The extranet was down before the certificate expired. Why renew if for something that is not working.

Well then that's even worse.  Does anybody even know why they have been down for so long?  They could have easily built an entire new website in this amount of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Well then that's even worse.  Does anybody even know why they have been down for so long?  They could have easily built an entire new website in this amount of time.

It could be shutdown for security reasons. The last time it was down from December of 2016 to April of 2017 that was the reason they gave.

My 90 days is due on 19th of April. 

I've done the last 5 online.

I'm thinking of sending it by post even not feeling very comfortable about this.

Does the TM47 need to be completed with black or blue ink (I know, it's a stupid question).

What, if they never send you the slip back which has to be in your passport.

Will it affect the renewal of permission of stay?

My Non O-A is due end of May.

PS: they should ask TV to fix their webpage. They have some experience.

32 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

My 90 days is due on 19th of April. 

I've done the last 5 online.

I'm thinking of sending it by post even not feeling very comfortable about this.

Does the TM47 need to be completed with black or blue ink (I know, it's a stupid question).

What, if they never send you the slip back which has to be in your passport.

Will it affect the renewal of permission of stay?

My Non O-A is due end of May.

PS: they should ask TV to fix their webpage. They have some experience.

Can be computer printed in Bangkok - no need to fill out by hand.

They will have report logged on computer or whatever they are currently using if you fail to get returned receipt so should not a big issue.

Might be best to have TV fix actual TVF website first.  It is still far from fixed:

Edited by lopburi3
Remove photo due yellow text issues.
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Can be computer printed in Bangkok - no need to fill out by hand.

They will have report logged on computer or whatever they are currently using if you fail to get returned receipt so should not a big issue.

Might be best to have TV fix actual TVF website first.  It is still far from fixed.

I tried to complete it on my laptop but it's not well aligned.

I printed out a form and fill it in by hand.

As asked before, do they insist on black of blue ink?

I read somewhere that they refused because it was not the right colour (don't remember which one it was).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I read somewhere that they refused because it was not the right colour (don't remember which one it was).

Best is to use a blue ink. Especially for signatures this is often required. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlfHuy said:

What office?  Believe that was only asked at one or two places and not general.  There should not be any problem printing out official form on printer as many of us do it and believe it is available for download in pinned topics if you do not have a good copy.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

What office?  Believe that was only asked at one or two places and not general.  There should not be any problem printing out official form on printer as many of us do it and believe it is available for download in pinned topics if you do not have a good copy.  

Any chance, someone has one pinned to a  post?

46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It could be shutdown for security reasons. The last time it was down from December of 2016 to April of 2017 that was the reason they gave.

Well maybe they need to hire new IT people.  Can you imagine any e-commerce site being down for 5 months and accepting that as normal?  It sounds pretty unacceptable by anyone's standards to me.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Try using this one TM47 Form Fillable.pdf80.13 kB · 1790 downloads

It and others can be found in the pinned topic titled Immigration Templates.

That's a nice PDF...with fillable fields ????  Thanks for posting that.

Do you happen to have the link handy to the pinned topic for all the templates?

Edited by WaveHunter

7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

And this is the Word format Tm47 from immigration web site today.

https://cdn.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/simple-file-list2/form-download/1486548499388.doc

I think that is form he was trying to use. The document file do not work well with all programs and causes the alignment problem he had.

• Like 1