Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

40 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Specific fines aside,  there is a very valid reason for 90 day reporting today (whether or not it is an old law) and that is to verify that your current address is a valid one.

My office requires no TM47 or copies of documents, just your Passport and the last 90 day receipt.

I verify nothing and they don't ask, the assumption being had I changed my address as registered on their database I would have complied with the law and filed a new TM30.

Now, the TM30 receipt, stapled in my Passport, does have my address written on it, but my TM47 receipt certainly does not.

45 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

It lessens the possibility  that people who might want to evade being found by authorities can do so.

If you want to evade authorities, the last thing you do is visit an Immigration office.

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Done and dusted. Good until July 5th now. Time stamp on receipt is 08:30:54. 

My wife brought back my completed TM47 form since the officer did not want it.

@ubonjoe: Just a curious question, if you can answer, since you seem to be pretty up on how things works at IMM...

I just submitted my latest TM-47 on 07 April, a week earlier than the due date of 11 April.

I noticed that my next due date is computed as 90 days after I submitted the TM-47.  I always thought it was supposed to be 90 days after the expiration date of the previous TM-47.

From your post, it seems that you got the same results.

It's not a big deal I guess, but I could swear that when I previously did these online, it was 90 days after the expiration of the previous TM-47, not 90 days from when I filed (which was always earlier than the expiration date).

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I noticed that my next due date is computed as 90 days after I submitted the TM-47.  I always thought it was supposed to be 90 days after the expiration date of the previous TM-47.

The new 90 days always start from the day you do the report. And the day you did it is included in the 90 days.

When doing them online the they start from the day immigration processes the application.

The exception to that is when the report is approved automatically when you submit the application.

Both of mine have been done automatically and started on that day.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The new 90 days always start from the day you do the report. And the day you did it is included in the 90 days.

When doing them online the they start from the day immigration processes the application.

The exception to that is when the report is approved automatically when you submit the application.

Both of mine have been done automatically and started on that day.

And when sent by post?

Date they receive it or based on expiry date of last 90 days?

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I agree, ubonjoe, this is how it is supposed to work.  However, in my case, I submitted my TM47 personally to the IO on March 19 and didn't look closely enough at the Receipt of Notification she stapled in my passport until I arrived back home.  The Receipt was dated March 12, and my next 90 day is due June 09 which is 83 days from the date I actually submitted my TM47.  A warning to everyone -- examine your receipt closely before you step away from the desk.

11 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

And when sent by post?

Date they receive it or based on expiry date of last 90 days?

The day they process it after it is received.

When I was doing them by mail to the office here most of them were done the day after they were received.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pablo el sueco said:

The Receipt was dated March 12, and my next 90 day is due June 09 which is 83 days from the date I actually submitted my TM47. 

If it was printed out then it seems their computer's calendar/clock was off by a week when they did it.

If by hand then they just got their days mixed up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Last advice from Phetchabun Immigration Office all forms must be completed by hand and in blue ink, not tried since but it's still the same personnel so wouldn't expect any change.

Yeah, I distinctly remember seeing that rule (for a submitted form that Imm takes from you and keeps in their files), but I think it may only apply to certain forms, not all forms because my last TM-47 which was simply handed back to me after the data was entered on the IO's computer by her was all black type., even my signature was in black, done by a stylus on my computer. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2021 at 10:42 AM, Advocate said:

20210405 90-day online reporting still not working.

20210407 90-day online reporting still not working.

90-day by mail report receipts running at ~ 35 days after mail-in date. That is if the applicant receives a receipt at all. IB has increased self-addressed envelope stamp amount to 10 Baht. The reason appears to be because they are sending passport page copy documents back to the applicant. Another irrational and unnecessary act.

21 minutes ago, pablo el sueco said:

I agree, ubonjoe, this is how it is supposed to work.  However, in my case, I submitted my TM47 personally to the IO on March 19 and didn't look closely enough at the Receipt of Notification she stapled in my passport until I arrived back home.  The Receipt was dated March 12, and my next 90 day is due June 09 which is 83 days from the date I actually submitted my TM47.  A warning to everyone -- examine your receipt closely before you step away from the desk.

A good precaution, but I think everybody is so grateful and anxious to just get out of the building without an issue maybe they just don't want to look ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Advocate said:

IB has increased self-addressed envelope stamp amount to 10 Baht.

It has been 10 baht for many, many years.  And my experience last year was they has stopped returning passport copies (they had been returning for at least a decade).  This is Bangkok office.

Edited by lopburi3

3 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

The receipt belongs in your passport, not just for your visit to IMM on the next renewal date, but as proof that your current location is valid to any authorized authority that requests your passport and needs to verify your current address (i.e.: the police).

How does that work then?  Earlier in the thread you stated that you do not carry your passport with you all the time.  So a Police check requesting your passport is...er....

PH

• Like 2

Same thing happened to me at MTT a couple of weeks ago (reporting on 26 March).  As I happily exited the building, feeling like I'd just been let out of prison, I glanced at the receipt.  It said (erroneously) that I had reported on 1 March and that I was due to come back on 31 May ... just 9 weeks away! <deleted>??  I marched right back to the lady who had processed me.   "Oh, sorry" she said, and corrected the date to end of June.  Her apology sounded genuine enough, but:  How could she not have noticed that my date was different from all of the other people she had processed that day?  Or, maybe she had screwed everyone up until that point?  (Cynically, it's also occurred to me that I may have a permanent memo in my file that says, "Screw this guy at every opportunity" -- for having deigned to voice my opinion on various matters during previous visits to my dear IB friends.)

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jsnuk said:

How could she not have noticed that my date was different from all of the other people she had processed that day?  Or, maybe she had screwed everyone up until that point?  (Cynically, it's also occurred to me that I may have a permanent memo in my file that says, "Screw this guy at every opportunity" -- for having deigned to voice my opinion on various matters during previous visits to my dear IB friends.)

If their system is not foolproof, they can make errors.  A one-week error as in my case is minor.  The 25-day error with which you were confronted is intimidating.  Worst case scenario  -- an error of fifteen or more weeks can make you already delinquent and owing 2000 baht!

My slip was computer printed, and I was processed after 2:00 in the afternoon.  So I imagine that her 50 or more other TM47's processed that day had the same error.

Maybe these are intentional as opposed to accidental errors:  perhaps this is the way they try to shift the amount of traffic scheduled to come into their office in 90 days.

• Like 1

Chonburi (Jomtien) Immigration today. Arrived at 10:15. About 50 people waiting outside in front of me. 

Challenge 1 was to get a 90 days report without printing out the old confirmation and avoiding to pay 2000 (up to 5000) Baht and avoid deportation or even worse ????

They didn't say anything. I gave them an old confirmation from last year so that they could scan it and didn't have to enter the data again. I asked when the online system will be available and the answer was "                            ". 

Challenge 2 was to get the retirement extension. As usual I had all the documents without any problems. Don't forget your phone number on the application form and sign everything with a blue pen at home already. I had to show the original bank book. In respect of location (I was so stupid to buy a condo in Central Pattaya...????????) I had copies of the Blue Book, the purchase contract that I got at the Land Office, TM30 and a monthly bill from my condo. They took a photo (I guess because I am so handsome ????) and gave me a piece of paper that says that I have to show my bank book again in 90 days. They also said I can pick up the passport tomorrow after 2 in the afternoon. 

So to sum it up. Whatever will happen with the 90 days online system I will have to be at the immigration anyway again in 90 days. Somehow convenient that I have to show the bank book and do the next 90 day report at the same time. 

All this including waiting outside took about 1 hour and if the applicant didn't get Covid despite of all the many people and didn't die he perhaps will report in 90 days again. ????

2 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Whatever will happen with the 90 days online system I will have to be at the immigration anyway again in 90 days. Somehow convenient that I have to show the bank book and do the next 90 day report at the same time. 

Unless they have changed the form since mid Feb, the "comeback to show funds" slip says "after 90 days".  If the online system is back up and you can do your 90 day online, there is thus no requirement to go back down immediately.  I fully intend waiting until well after the 90 days.....until my next extension ...if online reporting comes back. 

PH

5 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I'm fairly certain that if I were ever stopped by police and they needed to verify a valid local address, they would look at it as well.

My point is simply that the official receipt is an easy way for authorities to determine that your current address is valid.  Keep in mind that it is an official document, not simply a reminder of your next due date.

Without it, say you are stopped by police and they want to verify your current address is valid and on file, and their computer is down, you may be detained until they can verify it.  Why take that chance of a major inconvenience, when it is such a simple thing to just have a current receipt in your passport?

But the receipt doesn't have the address on it? And I also never have it in my passport if I'm at the airport - always remove it before travelling because they have no interest in it. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

Unless they have changed the form since mid Feb, the "comeback to show funds" slip says "after 90 days".  If the online system is back up and you can do your 90 day online, there is thus no requirement to go back down immediately.  I fully intend waiting until well after the 90 days.....until my next extension ...if online reporting comes back. 

PH

My letter doesn't say "after". I know that you should not come before and that you can come a little bit later or if you left the Kingdom when you come back. I asked one time how much later but didn't get a clear answer. 

16177785263390.jpg

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

My letter doesn't say "after". I know that you should not come before and that you can come a little bit later or if you left the Kingdom when you come back. I asked one time how much later but didn't get a clear answer. 

They've changed it!!

Just gone to double check (I have been known to be worng) and mine says "after".....If they were doing it properly, it should give a time wondow starting at 90 days with dispensation if out of country at that time.

PH

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Did you make a typo?  31 May would be 13 weeks.

Will enroll myself in reading 101 ASAP.  Sorry for not noting your application was actually much later than recorded date.  ????

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

My office requires no TM47 or copies of documents, just your Passport and the last 90 day receipt.

As mine does not (Surin). However, I always take a completed computer generated TM47 which is in my briefcase just in case. Although I've only reported 90 days twice in the last 4 years (in person).

If you book an online appointment for the 90 day reporting are you then expected to bring a printed copy with you of the appointment confirmation email when you go to your immigration appointment for filing of the 90 day report?

Edited by RSD1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

If you book an online appointment for the 90 day reporting are you then expected to bring a printed copy with you of the appointment confirmation email when you to your immigration appointment to file the 90 day report?

Yes, you are. That way when you check in its confirmed when they give you a B que number at MTT, providing this where your headed. You can always get it printed downstairs.

Edited by ThailandRyan

11 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

If you book an online appointment for the 90 day reporting are you then expected to bring a printed copy with you of the appointment confirmation email when you go to your immigration appointment for filing of the 90 day report?

I just showed the email on my mobile and they didn't ask me to get it printed.

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been asked already, I just discovered the online reporting is down. Last time I had to report in person I arrived at CW and they handed me a map to travel across the city to a new location. Is this still the case? If so does anyone have the current location for Bangkok? I'd rather not go to CW just to be rerouted again.