Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

Has anybody received 90 day report sent by mail back in the period that the system has been down?

It might have come back reliably in 2 weeks before but that seems not to be the situation now. I am just over the "month" that they ask you to allow before contacting them (how?, only in person would work IMO)

Based on this thread it seems like no one is getting it back by post... 

• Thanks 1

Has anybody received 90 day report sent by mail back in the period that the system has been down?

It might have come back reliably in 2 weeks before but that seems not to be the situation now. I am just over the "month" that they ask you to allow before contacting them (how?, only in person would work IMO)

Same here. One month tomorrow. I'm going to visit MTT tomorrow...fun fun fun.

12 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

Same here. One month tomorrow. I'm going to visit MTT tomorrow...fun fun fun.

If you go there please let us know what they tell you. And please ask them to put an information on their website when the situation for mail and online will get back to normal again. 

And yet another variation:  has anybody had trouble (i.e. had the rep turned away) when they:

• made an appointment at CW, and 
  • sent a non-professional representative to do the report?

I have had the girlfriend do this many times before online reporting or appointments were available.  Concerned this time because I'll be asking a motorcycle driver friend to do it (I'm old, and the GF is unwell).  I have known him for 20 years, so no concerns there, but he does look like a middle-aged Thai motorcycle driver, rather than a well-dressed office girl.   I assume he would not have trouble with the regular long-wait cattle call. 

Thanks in advance if you have made an appointment, sent a rep, and have a report ???? . 

-- Retiree 

Edited by retiree
clarified location = CW.

This post also evidences that the 1178 telephone help service is unhelpful. All they ever tell you to do is go to the IB office.

The only successful operation that the IB runs is collecting money from foreigners. Everything else is bogus.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Retiree:

Made an online appointment and sent my wife to do the necessary a couple of weeks ago. She said it was extremely busy, but very quick once her appointed time came round. No problems at all. Immigration retained copies of my approved TM47 online submissions going back to when I last entered Thailand, so a good idea if you have these.

18 minutes ago, ThailandNinja said:

Did my 90 day at Jomtien today.
In and out in 5 minutes.
Only TM47 and passport, no other documents needed

Nice to hear!  Curious...were you renewing one you had previously done online, or was this your first 90 day report?

Went to MTT today. My mailing-in from March 3rd never made it here.

No appointment. Waited 20 minutes or so. 7 desk open and 5 for those with an appointment.

My report was due on the 15th. I showed receipt and print out for EMS 

The officer checked on another computer for some reason. Came back with new 90 day printout. Next due same date as it would of been IF it came in the mail

Except for the EMS <deleted>. All I needed was my passport and the old 90 day report. Didn't need to fill out TM47.

One other thing: I think the Thai Post may have some if not a lot of blame for the return mail not showing up.

To parrot something Joe said earlier..:if your return envelope is addressed in English" That might be an issue.

Say the delivery post guy doesn't read, or want to read, English. Your envelope might wind up in the undeliverable bin..or dumpster.

Just saying.

If you do mail-in....why not take a photo or your self addressed, stamped envelope before sending off your EMS to immigration??

That way you can go to the post office that delivers in your area, show your photo,  and have the supervisor take a look and see if he can find it there.

9 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

Went to MTT today. My mailing-in from March 3rd never made it here.

No appointment. Waited 20 minutes or so. 7 desk open and 5 for those with an appointment.

My report was due on the 15th. I showed receipt and print out for EMS 

The officer checked on another computer for some reason. Came back with new 90 day printout. Next due same date as it would of been IF it came in the mail

Except for the EMS <deleted>. All I needed was my passport and the old 90 day report. Didn't need to fill out TM47.

One other thing: I think the Thai Post may have some if not a lot of blame for the return mail not showing up.

To parrot something Joe said earlier..:if your return envelope is addressed in English" That might be an issue.

Say the delivery post guy doesn't read, or want to read, English. Your envelope might wind up in the undeliverable bin..or dumpster.

Just saying.

If you do mail-in....why not take a photo or your self addressed, stamped envelope before sending off your EMS to immigration??

That way you can go to the post office that delivers in your area, show your photo,  and have the supervisor take a look and see if he can find it there.

Thanks for posting that.  People tell me I worry too much about using the mail for Imm matters.  Your experience confirms my fears.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that Imm fixes the online site but not holding my breath, and will just go to the Imm office to file it in person before deadline if I must.

Why they are taking so long to fix their site is a BIG mystery!  But I guess this is just how they do things in Thailand LOL!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

and the old 90 day report

What is the "old 90 day report"? Your previous next report date? You're supposed to mail that in, or was this a copy?

40 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

Thai Post may have some if not a lot of blame for the return mail not showing up

I get a lot of mail addressed in English. And many of us have recevied our next 90-day report date slips by return mail. Seems odd that just now it is a problem for so many? Not buyin' it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Oldie said:

I remember that more than 20 years ago they wanted to transform Phuket into a second Silicon Valley. Recently I tried to pay my property tax at the Pattaya City Hall. I was told to come again in May or June since the computer doesn't have the amounts yet (if I remember correctly the tax should be paid by the end of February). Then I went to the post office to pay for my PO Box. This year there was no bill in the box and I asked why. Answer "We have a new system and we can print it out in April". I said that it has to be paid until the end of March already... Now the 90 days don't work and the TM30 system. I begin to understand why this Silicon Valley idea never materialised. 

Yeah, It's pretty bizarre here in the Magic Kingdom, that's for sure.  When I first came here, this kind of stuff kind of shocked me but then by a Thai friend calmly explained that "...this is Thailand, we do things a little differently than you might be used to back home..."  Ever since, I just accept it.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

What is the "old 90 day report"? Your previous next report date? You're supposed to mail that in, or was this a copy?

I get a lot of mail addressed in English. And many of us have recevied our next 90-day report date slips by return mail. Seems odd that just now it is a problem for so many? Not buyin' it.

I receive all my English addressed mail with no problems. The only ones I don't receive are the IB 90-day reporting receipts because the IB often doesn't send them.

There is much more to this issue than meets the eye. There is something devious happening which will probably result in more and higher fees to foreigners and more inconvenience and lies from the IB to frustrate foreigners.

Evidently the buildings at MTT were built some time ago and just happened to be available for 90-day reporting. I suspect that the 90-day reporting was moved to MTT because the buildings had been planned and built and not for any reason of efficiency or convenience. If the IB was really interested in 90-day reporting they would ensure that the website worked and was available at least 99.9% of the time. 90-day reporting is a bogus requirement to inconvenience foreigners.

Too many people are justifying the IB behavior when the IB performance is just unacceptable.

The document requirements of pages for passport and arrival card for mail-in 90-day reports is nonsensical when the same documents are not required for reporting in person or online or for 90-day reporting by persons other than the passport-holder.

The document requirements of pages for passport and arrival card for extensions of stay are also nonsensical when the IB already have those documents on the computer network.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, ThailandNinja said:
23 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Nice to hear!  Curious...were you renewing one you had previously done online, or was this your first 90 day report?

I had done two times online before today.
They did not ask to see copies of theme.

Did mine this morning...also Jomtien.

Desk Office wanted previous, which (having done online)  I don't have hard coy but showed approved copy on my phone.  "you print out.".  "No have printer".  Thought for a moment he was going to insist I go away and get a print out of the now pointless 90 day report that expires today.  But I just sat there and he did whatever they do on the PC and passed new 90 day slip.  Hopefully by end Jun online will be back up.

PH

• Like 2

Only ever managed to do one online 90 day report, and that was back in January. My due date is today.

Could someone confirm that I now still have the option of waiting until the 8th to do it in person?

Else quick drive-in this afternoon.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, mahtin said:

Only ever managed to do one online 90 day report, and that was back in January. My due date is today.

Could someone confirm that I now still have the option of waiting until the 8th to do it in person?

Else quick drive-in this afternoon.

Thanks.

If you are not able to do your 90-day report on-line today (your due date), you still have 6 days after due date to do it in person at your local Imm Office.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

How many calendar day's before normal date the 90 day rapport in person can be done ? (window before & after )

It is in reality 14 days before the report date. The rules say 15 days but that includes the report date.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is in reality 14 days before the report date. The rules say 15 days but that includes the report date.

Thanks UBJ. good news ..!

that is more than other info i got , as i thought it was 10 days before and 5 after de date ....so that way 15 days total window before and after....

(as i wish  to shift my date..... to have 3 months full =90 day's????..., before my Thailand final leaving date in 2022...)

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

Hand written note on new 90 day date...."Next time, Please, send the original appointment" Yes..they did write please.

Could you please clarify what is meant by "the original appointment". All this new stuff is alien to me and as it looks like the on-line service is dead and buried, I don't want to cock my next report up (due on 19th April 2021).

26 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Could you please clarify what is meant by "the original appointment".

That is the receipt for your previous 90 day report. Screengrab of its title (with a note if it was done online).

image.png.60418cd136369f9a27aaad5b81e1d1d8.png

42 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Could you please clarify what is meant by "the original appointment". All this new stuff is alien to me and as it looks like the on-line service is dead and buried, I don't want to cock my next report up (due on 19th April 2021).

The receipt from your previous report, notifying when next to report (19th April).