Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Most agents include the 90-day reporting in their overall fee for an annual extension.

Haven't seen any mention recently of agents who will just do a 90-day report. Believe they ran into issues with the TM30 requirement.

Not sure you'd be "happy" with an agent anyway: giving up your passport for a week, or more.

[snip]

Your employer should understand that this requirement to file a 90-day report is mandatory, and they should facilitate this in any way possible. Giving you time off to do this seems reasonable. And then next time I'd plan on filing early, by post.

Thanks for the first genuinely helpful reply on the topic. Makes sense, and explains why nobody has any useful recommendations!

And yes - I've already bitten the bullet and organised taking my "due date" off work to do it in person. Will definitely prep for the mail-in next time around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thatmanagain said:

And yes - I've already bitten the bullet and organised taking my "due date" off work to do it in person. Will definitely prep for the mail-in next time around.

If you're going to Muang Thong Thani (BKK Division 1), try to get there around 9 AM or at least before 9:30.  Otherwise you might not finish before they go on their lunch hour.  And if possible try to avoid Mondays, Fridays or the day after a long holiday weekend.  I got there at 9:35 on a Wednesday and finished at 11:30.  They close for lunch from noon to 1 PM.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MMan said:

If you're going to Muang Thong Thani (BKK Division 1), try to get there around 9 AM or at least before 9:30.  Otherwise you might not finish before they go on their lunch hour.  And if possible try to avoid Mondays, Fridays or the day after a long holiday weekend.  I got there at 9:35 on a Wednesday and finished at 11:30.  They close for lunch from noon to 1 PM.

An appointment scheduled online will ensure he is in and out quickly.

6 hours ago, thatmanagain said:

You know it makes sense!

7 minutes ago, NE1 said:

If so , it looks like that whole week is no go. 

The one day it will be open will be I suspect , rather busy.

Read again.

They will be closed a total of 5 days over a 10 day period.

Next week they are only closed 1 day, the week after 4 days.

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Read again.

They will be closed a total of 5 days over a 10 day period.

Next week they are only closed 1 day, the week after 4 days.

I think you need to read again , UbonJoe said they are closed Monday to Thursday 12th. to the 15th. and I said that if they are closed Saturday and Sunday " that week will be a no go "

Edited by NE1

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

I think you need to read again , UbonJoe said they are closed Monday to Thursday 12th. to the 15th. and I said that if they are closed Saturday and Sunday " that week will be a no go "

You never stated which week or quoted dates.

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

Are immigration offices closed on a Saturday and Sunday ? If so , it looks like that whole week is no go. 

The one day it will be open will be I suspect , rather busy.

I merely pointed out it will be open for 4 days the week of the 6th, which Joe also mentioned.

12 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Most agents include the 90-day reporting in their overall fee for an annual extension.

Haven't seen any mention recently of agents who will just do a 90-day report. Believe they ran into issues with the TM30 requirement.

Once you go the visa agent way for an extension eg without funds in the bank, you are more or less tied to them doing 90 day reports and re entry permits- as they have normally obtained the extension from another province from the one you live in. So, if you have an extension from Nan lets say in your passport trying to do a 90 day report at your real immigration office, or anything else, should throw up a few questions about your actual address and how/why the extension is from elsewhere.

I did a 90 day report yesterday in person for the first time in 5 years, been doing online. Used to be one guy with a ruler who tore the bottom of the form off when filled in, used to take about 2 minutes in and out. Now have to line up for a ticket number and for some reason they now want 5 passport copies and a print out of the last TM30 report. How you are meant to get the printout from a non working database I don't know, luckily I had one from 2 years ago. At the desk is a notice stating they need all the documents as they need to know where you are at all times, seems 20 years of them at the same address is not enough!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

I did a 90 day report yesterday in person for the first time in 5 years, been doing online. Used to be one guy with a ruler who tore the bottom of the form off when filled in, used to take about 2 minutes in and out. Now have to line up for a ticket number and for some reason they now want 5 passport copies and a print out of the last TM30 report. How you are meant to get the printout from a non working database I don't know, luckily I had one from 2 years ago. At the desk is a notice stating they need all the documents as they need to know where you are at all times, seems 20 years of them at the same address is not enough!

Where was this?

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

When using a Fixer Agent that gets your extension in a 'friendly' Imm office in another province, where he has connections, you simply need to 'relocate' back to your original address by filing a relocation TM-30 in person at your local Imm Office.  Obviously the Imm Officer handling that TM-30 relocation will know exactly what happened when he sees the new extension stamp that the Fixer Agent secured for you.  But that's not a problem at all, as the practice is tolerated.

The real problem if having used a Fixer Agent to circumvent the financial requirements for your 1-year extension of stay, is that you would not be able to meet the requirements for your NEXT 1-year extension of stay.  But a border-run at the end of your permission to stay, and returning VisaExempt and then apply for a new 90-day Non Imm O Visa would take care of that issue. 

Interesting, I never knew these 'legal' arrangements might entail so much dodgy entanglements, think I will stick with cash in the bank

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, up-country_sinclair said:

I need to notify on April 17th which is a Saturday.  Will immigration offices be open on the 16th?

What happens if I go in on Monday the 19th?  Will I be fined?

No you can go a week late, why not go before?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, up-country_sinclair said:

I need to notify on April 17th which is a Saturday.  Will immigration offices be open on the 16th?

What happens if I go in on Monday the 19th?  Will I be fined?

Yes, they are open again on 16th.

In person you can report up to 14 days prior to the due date, or up to 6 days after the due date.

So in your case from 3rd - 23rd.

Offices closed weekends, 6th April and 12th - 15th April.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Samut Prakan, you can watch the ships go by. The demanded TM30 print out for a ticket was kept in my bag inside the office and the IO never asked for it. Only 5 in front so not crowded.

Are you saying that you completed your 90 day notice at SP?

Isn't that only for certain people. ?

That office is close by, but I don't want to be told to go to CW after making a visit there.

59 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I was referring to legitimate agents who assist those who meet the financial, and other requirements.

Evidently it is Rocket Science. Suspect getting this working turned out to be much more complicated than first imagnined. I mean, in all honesty, the system never really worked that well to begin with. For some it worked well - I as able to report online ~ 9 times - but then with a new passport, poof, never again. For others they needed an entry post 2013 (yes, that was patched), or you needed to report in person one time after an extension (a newish problem). They've probably been patching it, and often times making things worse. Now they're probably trying to figure out if they should start over, or just cobble it together. Committee time.

Reporting every 90 days probably seemed like a good thing back in 1979. That it's turned into the fiasco that it has is hardly surprising. 

I was told they were also trying to get it working for Non-LA migrant workers.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Reporting every 90 days probably seemed like a good thing back in 1979. That it's turned into the fiasco that it has is hardly surprising. 

My recollection is that, even though the 1979 Immigration Act included a provision covering 90-day reporting, this requirement only started to be enforced in practice with zeal and gusto around 2005. Maybe @ubonjoe could clarify?

Edited by OJAS

32 minutes ago, OJAS said:

My recollection is that, even though the 1979 Immigration Act included a provision covering 90-day reporting, this requirement only started to be enforced in practice with zeal and gusto around 2005. Maybe @ubonjoe could clarify?

It was revived and required by some offices as early as 1998/1999. 

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Much to the chagrin of many immigration officers.   In Bangkok you had to make way up to 4th floor (way outside of normal immigration areas) to fill out a form that nobody seemed to want or know how to do much less inform those doing and almost always had to be done multi times.  

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It was revived in Bangkok around that time, then stopped again until 2005 or so - I think it was fallout from the terrorist Habibie found to be living here.

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Much to the chagrin of many immigration officers.   In Bangkok you had to make way up to 4th floor (way outside of normal immigration areas) to fill out a form that nobody seemed to want or know how to do much less inform those doing and almost always had to be done multi times.  

They enforced it with gusto in that period - I got fined THB 2000 for being a day over - had to go to the office at the IDC cages where they made an elaborate show of recording it in ledgers and issuing receipts, presumably to allay any suspicion of pocketing.  The officer on the next desk was fiddling with a set of leg irons  that seemed to have some problem - the two U's on a rod type. I wonder how many expat workers would just have got on the next 'plane out if they had witnessed/experienced that.

Last time I turned up in the 99-2001 period it had been moved to a small room and I got a "why have you come" look. Didn't bother until 2005 after that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Advocate said:

90-day reporting by mail is also not working and receipts are not being sent to applicants by return mail.

Has anybody received 90 day report sent by mail back in the period that the system has been down?

It might have come back reliably in 2 weeks before but that seems not to be the situation now. I am just over the "month" that they ask you to allow before contacting them (how?, only in person would work IMO)