Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

HI all

Just back from a quick trip up country and just walked in the door, was hoping the online would be fixed when I got back but I see that unfortunately it isnt.

My report date is Jan 16th am I too late now to mail it in, I know there was some sort of date but Im frazzled from being on trains for nearly 24 hours so my brain isnt working properly to search for the info.

Im in Chiang Mai, thanks in advance for any assistance.

11 hours ago, Billy Bloggs said:

HI all

Just back from a quick trip up country and just walked in the door, was hoping the online would be fixed when I got back but I see that unfortunately it isnt.

My report date is Jan 16th am I too late now to mail it in, I know there was some sort of date but Im frazzled from being on trains for nearly 24 hours so my brain isnt working properly to search for the info.

Im in Chiang Mai, thanks in advance for any assistance.

You are also to late to do it online if it was working. You need to apply at least 7 days before your report date.

You will need to do your report in Person at the Promenada office. Info for CM is here.

On 1/10/2017 at 9:49 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

For those living in Bangkok and thus doing their reports to Bangkok Immigration at Chaengwattana, BKK-CW accepts mailed in reports.

So even with the online system down and non-functioning, mail-in reports still can be done for a 10 baht SASE stamp and whatever postage you want to pay to get the 90-day report documents to CW.

Yea, my 90 day was due on 11 January. Mailed mine in at the proper time and I have STILL not received my receipt, although the registered mail records indicate immigration received and signed for my letter on 5 January.

On 1/11/2017 at 9:41 AM, ubonjoe said:

If in Bangkok you need nothing more than your passport and the receipt for you last report.

You can do your report at Chaeng Wattana or the offices at Imperial World Ladprao or Big C Big C on Ratburana Rd

Are you sure it's Big C on Ratburana Road? And not Major Hollywood onSuksawat Road.

1 hour ago, Garnethoyes said:

Still down. I guess the online method was not earning. Any news if it will ever come back ?

I can't fight the feeling, they are just afraid of the hackers recently attacking some government sites. -So better take it down, than to to be in the focus of the world press ;-)

Looks, as if they don't have the knowledge (or budget?) to harden their servers and eliminate the security flaws in their website...

Anonymous have said they already hacked the immigration database...there is also an ongoing effort against all Thai government online services to protest the Single gateway,political activist arrests and the Koh tao trial...

5 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

I can't imagine it requires much of an effort

Yesterday apparently  Thai National intelligence agency documents where leaked ! you would have thought maybe a better secured place....but then even the FBI have been hacked so I think it probably true that anything connected to the internet can be hacked if its a valuable enough target for someone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Garnethoyes said:

Still down. I guess the online method was not earning. Any news if it will ever come back ?

It is immigration's extranet that is down. The site that hotels and etc use to report guest is also down.

Nothing to od with earning money.

ubonjoe

Star Member

Global Moderators

48,595 posts

"It is immigration's extranet that is down. The site that hotels and etc use to report guest is also down.

Nothing to od with earning money".

Do you know if the government's intranet is down also?

9 minutes ago, joealx said:

Do you know if the government's intranet is down also?

No it is not down. 

I think they took the extranet down as a defensive measure against the hackers since it is the only external access to their system.

It would be nice if they made some kind of statement so we know if it's going to come back or not.  The threat of hacking is not going to disappear so either they do the necessary security work to harden the site or they take it down for good and let us know we need to use mail or come in person.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GuestForLife said:

I think that they are building up a new one, perhaps compatible with all browsers, hopefully.

https://goo.gl/UnofU3

screenshot-www.immigration.go.th 2017-01-19 18-10-44.png

That message has been discussed before. Clicking the button on the main immigration website for the 90 reporting is the only way to get it. It does not come up on the Bangkok immigration  website when you click the button it takes you to this address. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online

You get navigation cancelled when going to that site. I think they did that message to stop people from trying.

The entire extranet is down and 90 day reporting is not the only site on it. The site for Hotels to report guests is on it also.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, happysanook said:

Terrible timing. The online reporting still seems to be down. Anyone having any luck?

Nobody is going to have any luck until they bring their extranet back online.

If you back a few posts you will find more info about it.

56 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Nobody is going to have any luck until they bring their extranet back online.

If you back a few posts you will find more info about it.

Then let's lock this thread until it is up and running again, or are we anticipating a renewal by this April 1st ?

1 hour ago, Langsuan Man said:

Then let's lock this thread until it is up and running again, or are we anticipating a renewal by this April 1st ?

how about people stop asking stupid questions when they already have the answer if they took the time to read the couple of posts in the read, filling up the thread with repetitive nonsense won't bring online reporting back any sooner

may I suggest that the next post indicates that online reporting is back and working 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NE1 said:

Does the online reporting benefit the Immigration dept.  ?

Yes it does. It reduces the number of people appearing at an office to them in person and/or having to process mailed in reports.

Online is also a paperless method of doing them at an office.