Australian businessman killed in condo fall

Thaivisa News

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many jumpers in Thailand. Often a wife involved. Financial problems? Like a greedy wife? She got angry and pushed him over?

R.I.P.

Impressive. Those diminutive Thai ladies being able to launch their oversized farang partners over balconies. My Thai gf couldn't budge me if she took a run at it, and I'm nowhere near as big as many of the westerners walking about LOS.

Which means stay clear of the balcony or rooftop when her brother or cousins come to visit !!

Not that difficult to launch a big Farang from the balcony or rooftop my friend.

I wonder if there are recorded statistics by death frok fall from high rise buildings and a world ranking. It's a grim thought but I reckon Bangkok and Thailand would ranks in the top 3. Something seriously wrong here.

Yep, there sure is and Thailand once again excels!

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/falls/by-country/

4th place not too shabby.

What's going on in saint kitts?

Not so fast -- the 4th place is for deaths resulting from a fall, not for suicides. If you look a little deeper, it says that Thailand ranks 28th in the world for suicides.

That is skewed, as that includes all Thais, who generally do not committ suicide unless

they are bankrupt from their rice farm. If you broke out suicides in countries by tourists,

I have little doubt Thailand would be number one by far !!!!

Does the grieving widow understand that if the death is recorded as a suicide there will be no life insurance payoff?

Any extraneous insurance policies issued on the this poor fellow in recent weeks?

Some families will be devastated to learn one of their members took his/her own life. To the BiB it's just another dead farang, declare it suicide and go home.

I wonder if there are recorded statistics by death frok fall from high rise buildings and a world ranking. It's a grim thought but I reckon Bangkok and Thailand would ranks in the top 3. Something seriously wrong here.

4th place not too shabby.

What's going on in saint kitts?

Not so fast -- the 4th place is for deaths resulting from a fall, not for suicides. If you look a little deeper, it says that Thailand ranks 28th in the world for suicides.

And that's what I asked for originally. Just the stat on falls.

St kitts is so surprising. It's a tiny Caribbean island. What's with all the falling there?

As there are so many people speculation the wife must have pushed him which can be considered. But than again, us foreigners are often 20kg up more heavy and lots stronger.

Now I luckily never been in a physical confrontation with my missus or any Thai lady (or man for that matter) but I am 100% sure that my missus could never trow me over our condo balcony, even if she gave it all.

So the pushing seems quite odd to me too. I do also not believe there are so many real jumpers here but I ain't a policeman to find that out.

Excellent point. For most Thai women, throwing or pushing a fully grown falang male off a balcony would be a difficult proposition.

Some attempts might succeed of course, particularly with the element of surprise, but it's impossible to deny that many would not.

We can therefore say that if a significant percentage of these suicides really are murders, large numbers of failed attempts using similar methods must have also taken place.

Have they?

pushing would indeed be difficult for just one woman. but why not consider there was a few men who entered? it should at least be ruled out. a spiked drink, nap on the couch, a quick call downstairs....and done.

I am not saying this happened for this particular incident...but I suppose there may have been others that were staged. When you think about it....not very hard to do.

Maybe a job for LA CSI.

They should check that two burly police men didn't enter the apartment. They should check local pharmacies to ask if she bought large doses of sleeping pills etc.

Or maybe just check if there were any large levels of drugs or alcohol in the body.

Too many jumpers in Thailand. Often a wife involved. Financial problems? Like a greedy wife? She got angry and pushed him over?

R.I.P.

Impressive. Those diminutive Thai ladies being able to launch their oversized farang partners over balconies. My Thai gf couldn't budge me if she took a run at it, and I'm nowhere near as big as many of the westerners walking about LOS.

Being pushed by someone standing in front and you see it coming is one thing but when you don't expect it or maybe drunk or in a vulnerable position changes the dynamic.

In many of these questionable suicides there's the possibility the diminutive Thai lady had assistance in helping someone over the balcony.

We can only speculate on this one too despite the BIB all but having solved it without questioning the wife.

R.I.P.

In Thailand It's farang like you who's not watching your back and believe in the impossible who sees their ass without a mirror at the end. This is LOS and Anything is always possible

If this keeps up, no farang will want to buy an condo above the 4th

floor.... Always mystified by these suicides. Farangs in their home

countries almost never commit suicide by jumping off of buildings.

Why do they do it here ? Something is not right.

" Preecha said the Australian might have financial difficulty...."

This is the classic police way to explain away these endless

suicides. How in god's name would a policeman who just

​showed up on the scene know what financial position the guy

was in ?? I call b********t.

In my home-country, suicides are kept out off the press in order not to bring any instable people to ideas and out of respect for the people who stay behind.

I believe there's a secret Thai society that takes cuts in what's left of the finances in farang deaths. Missus calls the police, they send a few guys, and job done after she's signed the 40% payment - or she's off the balcony too. w00t.gif

I've never heard of a Thai woman off a balcony - never. facepalm.gif

At the risk of appearing insensitive, balcony jumping will be vying for Olympic, or at least Asian Games, inclusion, with the Thai team, principally comprising foreigners, favorites for the gold.

Poor man. I can't imagine the mental trauma he must have been goi g through to co template such action.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Sorry do not know Thai Condos that well but can they not be designed/built with no balconies which can be easily breached by humans. For example what about kids or how they are built in say England. Rarely if ever hear about Suicides from London's tall buildings ( although we have metro/train suicides). Also why is Suicide assumed immediately surely its a suspicious death at first.

Also for crying out loud - when will Farangs never learn - just have a Thai partner for short time or relationship like girl friend ; Never ever legally marry the separation rate is extremely high and in the end a very young wife from the poor North etc just wants the money, the money, the money!

Edited by peter48

Is it my imagination or do a lot of Farang 'fall' out of windows and off buildings in Thailand?

Certainly not your imagination....I think something like 5-6 in the last couple of months........nearly all attributed to suicide......quite unrealistic IMO.

I had a very old mate I hadn't seen for over 30 years contact me last year. Totally out of the blue. Told me he had just retired (age 62) and wanted to come to the LOS for a break, maybe with a view to retiring here.

Fine I said. I can help you out and give you a few tips. No problem.

Then as the conversation progressed, and being an 'old service mate' from day one, taking me into his confidence, he tells me how his last relationship (in Australia) of the past 12 years went belly up and how he very nearly topped himself over it. Fortunately, he goes on to tell me, he was taken in charge by an Ex Service Organisation, which he claims saved his life. This came as a huge shock to me as he was never that type of bloke.

So now he is considering coming to Thailand, a place he really knows bugger all about, in search of retirement utopia, and as he states, hoping to find a new 'friend'. No prizes for guessing what he is talking about. In fact he gave me the impression he wanted to hook up immedaitely upon arrival! How dangerous is that?

I am most certainly not a 'Thai Basher', but this place has definitely changed in the past 15 years or so, infinitely more mercenary today, and I was rather blunt in my reply. if you were going to top yourself over a shiela back in Aust you won't last 5 minutes here mate! Certainly not in your condition. Of course you are always in with a chance, good things do happen, sometimes, but the odds would probably rival those of winning the lottery.

I haven't heard from him again

I wonder just how many blokes there are out there like my mate? Bloody 1000s of them I'd wager.

Nearly 80 per cent of all suicides in Australia are men. Two thirds of men will die on their first attempt of suicide. Suicide in Australia, exceeds the national road toll, yet attracts little comparable publicity. Suicide is the number one killer of men under 44 years.The majority of men at greatest risk of suicide are not engaged by mental health services.

Is it my imagination or do a lot of Farang 'fall' out of windows and off buildings in Thailand?

Certainly not your imagination....I think something like 5-6 in the last couple of months........nearly all attributed to suicide......quite unrealistic IMO.

Unrealistic compared to what?

was it 25 million tourists here last year?

It may be a lower suicide rate of eg Brits than if they stayed 'back home'

an example:

From 2013, UK

6,233 suicides of over 15-year-olds registered in 2013

Suicide rate for men aged 45 to 59 showed the highest suicide rate, 25.1 per 100,000. The rate among older men aged 60-74 also rose significantly from its 2012 level to 14.5 per 100,000.

Number of suicides in UK increases, with male rate highest since 2001

Preecha said... Preecha said... Preecha said...

Pretty much everything 'Preecha said' is either speculation, nonsense or just plain stupid.

Maybe Preecha should only say the facts, and work on finding the rest before opening his gob.

I could be wrong but I thought on suicide - insurance companies are not paying.

Depends on the policy. UK company I'm with does cover suicide, but it only comes into effect after the first year.

When they went through the policy details, they told me about the year 'wait' and I expressed my surprise that suicide was covered.

Took the.cover out about 4 years ago and I don't live in a condo. Hopefully, it won't be needed.

Covers me worldwide as well. I checked before moving here.

Edit - On reflection, perhaps telling the Thai gf about this may not have been a good idea. Only time will tell.

Edited by sean in udon

If this keeps up, no farang will want to buy an condo above the 4th

floor.... Always mystified by these suicides. Farangs in their home

countries almost never commit suicide by jumping off of buildings.

Why do they do it here ? Something is not right.

" Preecha said the Australian might have financial difficulty...."

This is the classic police way to explain away these endless

suicides. How in god's name would a policeman who just

​showed up on the scene know what financial position the guy

was in ?? I call b********t.

Yes might have financial troubles ... thai lady took it all :)

I think the "Falls" quoted in these statistics are mostly caused unsafe working conditions at construction sites.

yes, there are quite a lot of vacant rooms about now ....

if only the detective experts knew of Google

'Security camera footage showed he left his room alone with a book and then used an elevator to reach the rooftop.'

Why spoil a good Thai bashing thread with something as booooring as facts??

He were a tutor on the tennis court !

propably he were late for the training session and took just a shortcut !

The thai boyfriend from his young thai wife was propably just the reason

that he were late !

Propably he must now take over the Condominium including the maintanance fee and

as replacement tudor propably he can use the tennis court for free;

RIP my friend