Best Burger in Bangkok 2015......

smokie36

Anyone had the Wagyu burger at 'Another Greyhound' Emporium (used to be Greyhound, its now renovated with a new menu).

I like the Burgers at Garage (All Seasons Place) but never really felt the urge to go there specifically for the burger.

However, I found the Waguy Burger at 'Another Greyhound' excellent and found myself making a specific visit to Emporium just for the Burger.

Its not Big and its 590 Baht ++ and thus expensive - But when I want the 'Best Burger' I want the 'Best Burger' not 'a good Burger for the price'

After reading this thread I'd like to try the Soi 38 burger van and see how that compares

Same way I feel....but sometimes a cheap but good one hits the spot....specially when on the sauce.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, I found the Waguy Burger at 'Another Greyhound' excellent and found myself making a specific visit to Emporium just for the Burger.

Its not Big and its 590 Baht ++ and thus expensive - But when I want the 'Best Burger' I want the 'Best Burger' not 'a good Burger for the price'

690 baht total, or about $21 U.S., for a hamburger and fries???

I think I'd need to be "on the sauce" before I'd ever order that... tongue.png

But seriously, while I haven't tried the Greyhound's one, the other Wagyu burgers I've had in Thailand have been very unimpressive in terms of the flavor and texture of the meat. I've ended up with a soft, almost meatloaf type texture.

I don't know what meats the so-called Wagyu burger places are using, but I suspect at least part of their motivation is simply to give their burgers a fancy, high-priced sounding brand/product name in order to justify charging an exorbitant price.

Wagyu (和牛) is certified Japanese beef from registered herds raised under specialized controlled conditions. Extremely expensive and delicious. American Wagyu is something else being marketed at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi John, if you look closely at the BK menu board in store, I seem to recall whoppers etc have an australian beef type symbol on them.

Here's one BK Thailand ad image that shows the imported Australian beef logo.

I've never noticed that before in looking at their store menus, so I don't know if it applies to all their burgers or just some.

Their delivery menus/advertisements here don't seem to make any mention of it at all.

attachicon.gifPS2400.jpg

And a similar recent ad for their Whopper:

attachicon.gifPS2416.jpg

89 baht for a burger with imported beef? Yeah right.

Hi John, if you look closely at the BK menu board in store, I seem to recall whoppers etc have an australian beef type symbol on them.

I've never noticed that before in looking at their store menus, so I don't know if it applies to all their burgers or just some.

Their delivery menus/advertisements here don't seem to make any mention of it at all.

attachicon.gifPS2400.jpg

attachicon.gifPS2416.jpg

are you saying there ad is wrong?

attachicon.gifPS2400.jpg

attachicon.gifPS2416.jpg

are you saying there ad is wrong?

If it were true they'd be making a loss, my guess is they mix 10% imported beef with 90% "mystery meat".

• 1 month later...

Not on the menu all the time, well not even a menu all the time. The Cactus Bar on Cowboy had a decent feed about once or twice a week.....when the owner gets a special deal or shipment on anything from wagyuu to lobsters....mexican food..southern fried chicked......and his mile hi burgers with homemade buns and hand cutt fries fried in beef fat......HOWEVER....he allows smoking so if it bothers you forget going......anyways you need to be on his mailing list for the menu and dates........

For the high rollers amongst you, this place just opened a month or so ago: http://www.bangkok.com/magazine/new-york-style-steak.htm

Let me know if it's worth the 1'000+ price.

The article says the burger is 450 thb, not 1,000 thb.

It also states the "Manhattan Monster" burger is 220g and comes topped with crispy bacon, cheese, and a fried egg. I'm not sure where anyone got the idea that Americans put fried eggs on burgers.

I'm not sure if this place as been mentioned in previous post.

I think it's called Burger Buddy. On soi 49 Rama 9.

Beef, pork and chicken burgers. Hot dogs. Onion rings and the like.

Reminds of a family run fast food place back home.

Check out their Vietnames food just up the road. Darn good Pho"

is Carl's Jr. good? its close to asoke.

https://www.facebook.com/CarlsJr.Thailand/timeline

Half a notch up from mcdonalds.

Meh... I'd say a quarter notch up.

This from the guy who thinks 42 thb Cheers brand pints of beer in the can are delicious and refreshing.

Why would you bring that up? Cheers red is delicious, admittedly not refreshing, but still delicious. Just for this I shall post to you in this thread again, dear Mr Appletons, tomorrow evening after I've ordered a burger at the "New York Style Steak and Burger".

OK. Walked past the place, took a look at their menu, immediately continued walking. You were right about this one. Let's just say the following things DO NOT belong in a burger: Fried eggs, pineapples, tropical salad dressing. That's all I managed to read before seeing the 400thb price tag.

Cheers Red still tastes good though.

The best burger in Bangkok is at Daniel Thaiger's food truck, but as posters indicate you have to stand in line on the street and he only makes them for a few hours in the evening. His chairs and tables leave a lot to be desired, and eating on the street is hot, dusty, and unsanitary. Talking only about the food, his "Steve" burger is his crowning glory, and it is outstanding. Make sure that you order double, even triple cheddar. He uses excellent cheese, but I do not like it when it melts into nonexistence. I want to taste it. So I always order more.

The easy solution for Daniel Thaiger would be to also offer a delivery service for his burgers, as he does for his breakfast burritos. If I could order a "Steve" from Daniel Thaiger customized to taste for delivery, I would probably do it once a week at minimum. Digressing for a moment to talk about his breakfast burritos, I called yesterday morning for a delivery, and no one answered their phones. It was early and I was hungry, so I ended up ordering off the McDelivery website. I like the McDonald's sausage and the hash browns. :) Having the option to order McDonald's for delivery over the internet at 0300 is glorious.

I ate at that Argentinian restaurant a couple of years ago. I remember paying 8,000+ baht for dinner for myself and three little girls and I never went back. They struck me as arrogant. It takes some balls to charge 8,000 baht for a steak that barely compares to what you can get at the Marriott or the Millennium Hilton. It never occurred to me to order a burger there. I will go back and try it out. I do not mind paying 500 baht for a burger, if the burger is worth 500 baht. I am skeptical, but a good burger is an important thing for me, and I would love to love the burger regardless of cost. So I will give them a try. I do not think that I will ever again be persuaded to order steak there. It is just too pricey. If I want to spend money, I will go to the Millennium Hilton and order prime rib. That is a repast.

A friend of mine insists that the burger at Hard Rock Cafe is the best burger in Thailand. I never get over to that neighborhood, I avoid Siam, so I have not tested his thesis. I will bump it up on my list of things to do. Need to get some Hard Rock swag anyway.

The Roadhouse burger is pretty good. I also like his chili. Not as good as Daniel Thaiger, but you can order a Roadhouse burger via Food by Phone or Panda or ChefsXP. The Roadhouse burger is actually best at the annual Fourth of July Party thrown by the American Embassy. Just a couple months from now. Time sure is flying.

The Sizzler burger is edible. It is not elite. I find Sizzler burger quality inconsistent, sometimes decent, sometimes the beef can be gristly. No faster way to lose me as a customer than to include gristle in my beef patty. The Thai do not appear to realize that gristle is not food. I think that the Sizzler salad bar is ok, I like eating spaghetti there with their chicken bolognese sauce. Like the soups, spaghetti is included in the salad bar. If you are skint, you can load up on rabbit food and fruit and fill up the edges with spaghetti and soups, and it is cheap. I go to the Sizzler at Grand Central PraRam 9.

Doug's burger at Bourbon Street is not a contender for me, mostly because I do not think that he really tried to make the best burger in Bangkok. I wish that he would. His location is inconvenient on Thonglor, but you can order his food via Food by Phone and ChefsXP. If somebody sees him, please ask him to push boundaries a bit and create a new menu item, a gourmet burger. I would love to see him try it. The Bourbon Street burger is ok, but the thing that Doug does that no one else does is he makes sausage gravy, SOS (shit on a shingle), or maybe it is chipped beef, for breakfast. I drown a cheese omelet with it. I used to eat SOS every morning when I was in uniform and I miss the hell out of it. Weirdly, his SOS is not available for delivery on ChefsXP, as I recall, not sure about Food by Phone. To wrap up Bourbon Street, the other thing that Doug does great is he sells awesome turkeys and the trimmings at Christmas time and Thanksgiving. I wish that he would offer it year round. I do not mind spending 8,000 baht for a big turkey and all accoutrements. Yes, I am crazy.

I got to endorse those who mention Burger King. Amazingly, I think that the Double Whopper with Cheese and Bacon is a worthy contender, and at 220 baht (? been awhile) it is priced ok. My beef with Burger King is that they only deliver in a limited area, and they flat refuse to send me a burger up in Huaykwang. If Burger King delivered to Huaykwang, I would probably order from them once a week. I wish that Food by Phone, ChefsXP or Panda would strike a deal with Burger King. When Burger King offers a Swiss burger, it is generally very good.

The Carl's Jr burger is ok. Not the best, it is a step behind the Burger King Double Whopper, but the advantage that Carl's Jr has is they deliver throughout Bangkok via ChefsXP. They also often offer a deal where they send a burger and a chicken sandwich for 200 baht. That is a steal, even though the chicken sandwich is just palatable. The burger purchased separately is 220 baht. So you get it for 20 baht less with the chicken sandwich. Decent. I do not love the chili at Carl's. I will order it drowning french fries when I am cheating on my no carb diet. The Carl's burger is not my favorite by far in Bangkok, but I end up eating them just because I can order delivery online.

The Firehouse burger is ok, but it is pricey. They have several burger options, but I always order the expensive one. It is ok. It is available for delivery via ChefsXP. I have not been in the actual Firehouse restaurant itself in a couple of years, I went there right after they first opened, but I remember that he served all you can eat dill pickles. His pickles were glorious.

Finally, about the gentleman who mentioned Fatty's. Fatty's is *not* "200 meters from the MRT," as he claimed. This is my big gripe with Fatty's: his location. To get there, you have to take a taxi from across the street from Fortune at Grand Central PraRam 9 on Ratchada, then turn right onto PraRam 9, and then take PraRam 9 all the way to Din Daeng. Then you have to u-turn and go back the way that you just came on PraRam 9, and you have to really watch for his small sign on the left. You can easily miss it and overshoot. There is no easy way to get to Fatty's, and this is a problem. It is more like two klicks from the MRT. Saying that it is "200 meters" from the MRT is delusional, and I want some of whatever he is smoking.

Fatty's actual establishment is idiosyncratic. I have not been there in the flesh in some time, so I will cut this aspect short. The last time that I went there the chairs were uncomfortable, it was very small, it was hot, and there was only one couch area. On the plus side, he had John Prine on the jukebox, and his red house wine is good. I am pretty sure that he gets it at 7-11, it has a screw top, but it is a good house red, and it is cheap. It compensated for the rough shophouse.

Now. About the Fatty's burger. It is pretty good. It is not as good as Daniel Thaiger's "Steve," but it is a contender. Matthew, the proprietor of Fatty's, knows his business, and that is making comfort foods. I think what Matthew does better than anyone else in Bangkok is he uses the ingredients that are available here and he puts them together to achieve an American cuisine that has few rivals. His burger is a contender, and as a burger connoisseur I rate it a notch behind the Daniel Thaiger "Steve."

Fatty's makes the best Reuben in Bangkok. This is a bold statement, but I stand by it. i just ate one for breakfast. He makes a decent cheesesteak, but for those who have eaten at Pat's and Geno's in Philly, he will just make you homesick for the real deal. Matthew makes a great sausage platter. My girls devour it. You have to order extra sauerkraut, though, and you have to ensure that you emphasize that you want a *tub* of sauerkraut, not just a couple of extra cups. The serving size of a cup is like a tablespoon. Please. His kraut is superb.

Before I forget. When you order a Fatty's Reuben or a cheesesteak you need to ensure that you order them with extra meat and cheese. The cheesesteak is priced at 175 baht, and extra meat and cheese runs another 70 baht. I do not mind paying more to get more. The Reuben costs 180 baht, and extra meat and cheese another 70 baht. I am looking right at my receipt from last night's order. Some may consider these prices high, but I do not. He makes the best Reuben in Bangkok. End of story.

Matthew also includes tasty dill pickle spears, and I do not know where he gets them, but they have obviously been steeped in a brine that includes Thai chili. They are spicy to the taste, and excellent. I wish that Matthew would sell these dill pickles by the jar. I also wish that Matthew would make a grandma style potato salad, deviled eggs, and an asparagus casserole. It has been years since I at like that at my Nana Jean's. The next time that someone talks to Matthew, please put the bug in his ear.

The Fatty's burger is a contender, but I place it on par with the Roadhouse burger, behind the Daniel Thaiger "Steve." You can get Fatty's food for delivery, but it is not a smooth process. He used to offer online ordering through his page on Facebook, but I tried to order that way last night and it was not available. So I called Matthew. He was not answering his phones, and I do not blame him, because I am a picky customer and I bully him into delivering to me up in Huaykwang. So I spoke to someone else. It took me ten minutes to place the order, and I started to get disgruntled, but in the end analysis I got a Fatty's cheesesteak and a Reuben delivered with a sausage platter and something that they call a WiPi.

The WiPi is a simple slice of hash browns, doused in chili and cheese. It is ok, but the real reason to deal with Fatty's bad location is his Reuben, his cheesesteak, his burger and his sausage platter. Oh. And his wings. His wings can be sublime. You need to exercise care with the hot version, however. His sauce can burn your tongue clean out of your mouth. You need a milkshake or cold milk for sure.

Sorry for the length of this. To make it clear, this is how I rank burgers in Bangkok at this time.

1. The Daniel Thaiger "Steve." No delivery option. Bad location, uncomfortable venue. But the best burger, when ordered with extra cheddar.

2. Burger King Double Whopper with Cheese and bacon. Consistently good, a great burger for the price (220 baht?), widely available at multiple store locations. Poor delivery options.

3. Fatty's house burger. A good burger, a worthy contender. Inconvenient location, somewhat uncomfortable venue, so-so delivery options. As I said, I have to use jedi mind tricks to get Fatty's to deliver to me up in Huaykwang. But they do it, and I am thankful.

4. Roadhouse and Firehouse. Both make a decent burger. Both can readily be ordered via ChefsXP.

5. Sizzler and Bourbon Street. Sizzler is only available in their restaurant locations. Bourbon Street can be ordered via ChefsXP. The Bourbon Street burger is small, compared to the others here.

6. Carl's Jr. Good value for the money, when you can buy a Double Western, I think that they call it, with a chicken sandwich for 200 baht. Widely available for delivery via ChefsXP.

I think that this covers burgers in Bangkok. I will try that Argentinian place's 500 baht burger, and the burger at Hard Rock, and update.

Fatty's is maybe 300 m from the MRT, still walking distance unless it's raining. No one will beat their burgers ever. Same goes for their hot dogs.

OK. Walked past the place, took a look at their menu, immediately continued walking. You were right about this one. Let's just say the following things DO NOT belong in a burger: Fried eggs, pineapples, tropical salad dressing. That's all I managed to read before seeing the 400thb price tag.

Not for you, Stan, but there's no accounting for taste.

If you don't like something, say so. Most outlets will replace the item for something more akin to you personal taste.

Notwithstanding, you didn't even try any of their products. Hmm.

Edited by wooloomooloo

Not for you, Stan, but there's no accounting for taste.

If you don't like something, say so. Most outlets will replace the item for something more akin to you personal taste.

Notwithstanding, you didn't even try any of their products. Hmm.

I'd rather have one of you do the trying then post the experience here. I trust you that much. I'm just saying, I already hate "Hawaiian" pizza because of the chunks of pineapple, adding it to a burger and calling it New York Style is just...

The best burger in Bangkok is at Daniel Thaiger's food truck, but as posters indicate you have to stand in line on the street and he only makes them for a few hours in the evening. His chairs and tables leave a lot to be desired, and eating on the street is hot, dusty, and unsanitary. Talking only about the food, his "Steve" burger is his crowning glory, and it is outstanding. Make sure that you order double, even triple cheddar. He uses excellent cheese, but I do not like it when it melts into nonexistence. I want to taste it. So I always order more.

The easy solution for Daniel Thaiger would be to also offer a delivery service for his burgers, as he does for his breakfast burritos. If I could order a "Steve" from Daniel Thaiger customized to taste for delivery, I would probably do it once a week at minimum. Digressing for a moment to talk about his breakfast burritos, I called yesterday morning for a delivery, and no one answered their phones. It was early and I was hungry, so I ended up ordering off the McDelivery website. I like the McDonald's sausage and the hash browns. smile.png Having the option to order McDonald's for delivery over the internet at 0300 is glorious.

I ate at that Argentinian restaurant a couple of years ago. I remember paying 8,000+ baht for dinner for myself and three little girls and I never went back. They struck me as arrogant. It takes some balls to charge 8,000 baht for a steak that barely compares to what you can get at the Marriott or the Millennium Hilton. It never occurred to me to order a burger there. I will go back and try it out. I do not mind paying 500 baht for a burger, if the burger is worth 500 baht. I am skeptical, but a good burger is an important thing for me, and I would love to love the burger regardless of cost. So I will give them a try. I do not think that I will ever again be persuaded to order steak there. It is just too pricey. If I want to spend money, I will go to the Millennium Hilton and order prime rib. That is a repast.

A friend of mine insists that the burger at Hard Rock Cafe is the best burger in Thailand. I never get over to that neighborhood, I avoid Siam, so I have not tested his thesis. I will bump it up on my list of things to do. Need to get some Hard Rock swag anyway.

The Roadhouse burger is pretty good. I also like his chili. Not as good as Daniel Thaiger, but you can order a Roadhouse burger via Food by Phone or Panda or ChefsXP. The Roadhouse burger is actually best at the annual Fourth of July Party thrown by the American Embassy. Just a couple months from now. Time sure is flying.

The Sizzler burger is edible. It is not elite. I find Sizzler burger quality inconsistent, sometimes decent, sometimes the beef can be gristly. No faster way to lose me as a customer than to include gristle in my beef patty. The Thai do not appear to realize that gristle is not food. I think that the Sizzler salad bar is ok, I like eating spaghetti there with their chicken bolognese sauce. Like the soups, spaghetti is included in the salad bar. If you are skint, you can load up on rabbit food and fruit and fill up the edges with spaghetti and soups, and it is cheap. I go to the Sizzler at Grand Central PraRam 9.

Doug's burger at Bourbon Street is not a contender for me, mostly because I do not think that he really tried to make the best burger in Bangkok. I wish that he would. His location is inconvenient on Thonglor, but you can order his food via Food by Phone and ChefsXP. If somebody sees him, please ask him to push boundaries a bit and create a new menu item, a gourmet burger. I would love to see him try it. The Bourbon Street burger is ok, but the thing that Doug does that no one else does is he makes sausage gravy, SOS (shit on a shingle), or maybe it is chipped beef, for breakfast. I drown a cheese omelet with it. I used to eat SOS every morning when I was in uniform and I miss the hell out of it. Weirdly, his SOS is not available for delivery on ChefsXP, as I recall, not sure about Food by Phone. To wrap up Bourbon Street, the other thing that Doug does great is he sells awesome turkeys and the trimmings at Christmas time and Thanksgiving. I wish that he would offer it year round. I do not mind spending 8,000 baht for a big turkey and all accoutrements. Yes, I am crazy.

I got to endorse those who mention Burger King. Amazingly, I think that the Double Whopper with Cheese and Bacon is a worthy contender, and at 220 baht (? been awhile) it is priced ok. My beef with Burger King is that they only deliver in a limited area, and they flat refuse to send me a burger up in Huaykwang. If Burger King delivered to Huaykwang, I would probably order from them once a week. I wish that Food by Phone, ChefsXP or Panda would strike a deal with Burger King. When Burger King offers a Swiss burger, it is generally very good.

The Carl's Jr burger is ok. Not the best, it is a step behind the Burger King Double Whopper, but the advantage that Carl's Jr has is they deliver throughout Bangkok via ChefsXP. They also often offer a deal where they send a burger and a chicken sandwich for 200 baht. That is a steal, even though the chicken sandwich is just palatable. The burger purchased separately is 220 baht. So you get it for 20 baht less with the chicken sandwich. Decent. I do not love the chili at Carl's. I will order it drowning french fries when I am cheating on my no carb diet. The Carl's burger is not my favorite by far in Bangkok, but I end up eating them just because I can order delivery online.

The Firehouse burger is ok, but it is pricey. They have several burger options, but I always order the expensive one. It is ok. It is available for delivery via ChefsXP. I have not been in the actual Firehouse restaurant itself in a couple of years, I went there right after they first opened, but I remember that he served all you can eat dill pickles. His pickles were glorious.

Finally, about the gentleman who mentioned Fatty's. Fatty's is *not* "200 meters from the MRT," as he claimed. This is my big gripe with Fatty's: his location. To get there, you have to take a taxi from across the street from Fortune at Grand Central PraRam 9 on Ratchada, then turn right onto PraRam 9, and then take PraRam 9 all the way to Din Daeng. Then you have to u-turn and go back the way that you just came on PraRam 9, and you have to really watch for his small sign on the left. You can easily miss it and overshoot. There is no easy way to get to Fatty's, and this is a problem. It is more like two klicks from the MRT. Saying that it is "200 meters" from the MRT is delusional, and I want some of whatever he is smoking.

Fatty's actual establishment is idiosyncratic. I have not been there in the flesh in some time, so I will cut this aspect short. The last time that I went there the chairs were uncomfortable, it was very small, it was hot, and there was only one couch area. On the plus side, he had John Prine on the jukebox, and his red house wine is good. I am pretty sure that he gets it at 7-11, it has a screw top, but it is a good house red, and it is cheap. It compensated for the rough shophouse.

Now. About the Fatty's burger. It is pretty good. It is not as good as Daniel Thaiger's "Steve," but it is a contender. Matthew, the proprietor of Fatty's, knows his business, and that is making comfort foods. I think what Matthew does better than anyone else in Bangkok is he uses the ingredients that are available here and he puts them together to achieve an American cuisine that has few rivals. His burger is a contender, and as a burger connoisseur I rate it a notch behind the Daniel Thaiger "Steve."

Fatty's makes the best Reuben in Bangkok. This is a bold statement, but I stand by it. i just ate one for breakfast. He makes a decent cheesesteak, but for those who have eaten at Pat's and Geno's in Philly, he will just make you homesick for the real deal. Matthew makes a great sausage platter. My girls devour it. You have to order extra sauerkraut, though, and you have to ensure that you emphasize that you want a *tub* of sauerkraut, not just a couple of extra cups. The serving size of a cup is like a tablespoon. Please. His kraut is superb.

Before I forget. When you order a Fatty's Reuben or a cheesesteak you need to ensure that you order them with extra meat and cheese. The cheesesteak is priced at 175 baht, and extra meat and cheese runs another 70 baht. I do not mind paying more to get more. The Reuben costs 180 baht, and extra meat and cheese another 70 baht. I am looking right at my receipt from last night's order. Some may consider these prices high, but I do not. He makes the best Reuben in Bangkok. End of story.

Matthew also includes tasty dill pickle spears, and I do not know where he gets them, but they have obviously been steeped in a brine that includes Thai chili. They are spicy to the taste, and excellent. I wish that Matthew would sell these dill pickles by the jar. I also wish that Matthew would make a grandma style potato salad, deviled eggs, and an asparagus casserole. It has been years since I at like that at my Nana Jean's. The next time that someone talks to Matthew, please put the bug in his ear.

The Fatty's burger is a contender, but I place it on par with the Roadhouse burger, behind the Daniel Thaiger "Steve." You can get Fatty's food for delivery, but it is not a smooth process. He used to offer online ordering through his page on Facebook, but I tried to order that way last night and it was not available. So I called Matthew. He was not answering his phones, and I do not blame him, because I am a picky customer and I bully him into delivering to me up in Huaykwang. So I spoke to someone else. It took me ten minutes to place the order, and I started to get disgruntled, but in the end analysis I got a Fatty's cheesesteak and a Reuben delivered with a sausage platter and something that they call a WiPi.

The WiPi is a simple slice of hash browns, doused in chili and cheese. It is ok, but the real reason to deal with Fatty's bad location is his Reuben, his cheesesteak, his burger and his sausage platter. Oh. And his wings. His wings can be sublime. You need to exercise care with the hot version, however. His sauce can burn your tongue clean out of your mouth. You need a milkshake or cold milk for sure.

Sorry for the length of this. To make it clear, this is how I rank burgers in Bangkok at this time.

1. The Daniel Thaiger "Steve." No delivery option. Bad location, uncomfortable venue. But the best burger, when ordered with extra cheddar.

2. Burger King Double Whopper with Cheese and bacon. Consistently good, a great burger for the price (220 baht?), widely available at multiple store locations. Poor delivery options.

3. Fatty's house burger. A good burger, a worthy contender. Inconvenient location, somewhat uncomfortable venue, so-so delivery options. As I said, I have to use jedi mind tricks to get Fatty's to deliver to me up in Huaykwang. But they do it, and I am thankful.

4. Roadhouse and Firehouse. Both make a decent burger. Both can readily be ordered via ChefsXP.

5. Sizzler and Bourbon Street. Sizzler is only available in their restaurant locations. Bourbon Street can be ordered via ChefsXP. The Bourbon Street burger is small, compared to the others here.

6. Carl's Jr. Good value for the money, when you can buy a Double Western, I think that they call it, with a chicken sandwich for 200 baht. Widely available for delivery via ChefsXP.

I think that this covers burgers in Bangkok. I will try that Argentinian place's 500 baht burger, and the burger at Hard Rock, and update.

Fatty's is maybe 300 m from the MRT, still walking distance unless it's raining. No one will beat their burgers ever. Same goes for their hot dogs.

Where exactly is Fatty's?

Definitively not at the pub in the Ascott hotel, they do not cook the bun, serve on a cold bun. The same at the Roadhouse barbecue on Suriwong road, sorry cold bun, not roast at all to save time I suppose. It is difficult to find a decent burger outside North America.

Is it a prerequisite to toast the bun? I always found if you have a high quality bun that didn't fall apart, toasting is not required unless one likes it that way.

A good burger is cooked medium/rare and is therefore juicy. A toasted bun holds up better against the greasy goodness.

SunLover

Where exactly is Fatty's?

Come out of the MRT at the Grand Mercure/ Fortune Town exit opposite Central Rama 9. Walk down the road underneath the elevated highway beside the Mercure in the Victory Monument direction so you're walking facing the oncoming traffic. Walk past the ( I think it's called) A Square condo and Fatty's is a bit further on the right. A few hundred metres from the MRT in a blink and you'll miss it shophouse.if you get as far as the next set of lights next to the Casa condo you've gone way too far. Edited by mca

Cheers Red still tastes good though.

With you on the pineapple and dressing but if there's ever an opportunity to put a fried egg on top of a burger then sign me up.

I'm pretty easy going but the only time I've ever sent food back in a restaurant in Thailand was in Khon Kaen when the burger I ordered ( with no mention of it on the menu) came smothered in that dodgy local attempt at 1000 Island dressing. I can't stand the stuff at the best of times.