Why are western man so unhappy in thailand

georgemandm

It was all my fault. I married Attila the Hun born into the body of an angry walrus.

It made me sad. sad.png

u forgot to mention u were born on the 6th of the 6th 1966 etc etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting to see that someone who's come here on holiday a few times has the whole place figured out.

You are what I maen you read some thing here witch is good about thailand and you have to have a go at me how in the hell would you know if I come here on holiday who told you that not me in my 6 years of coming to thailand I have live here for 4 of them so now tell me again I have not figured thailand out .

Close the lid. Pull the chain. The water has flushed. Georgie has gone.

Next.

Probably get a yellow card for that. Oh well, it's worth it.

whistling.gif

• Haha 2

I'm not what you maen at all - I love it here.

If that is the case then don't have a go at me about some thing good about thailand be happy and lucky you have it good and I am happy to read you love it in thailand like I do

I'm not having a go at you for 'some thing good about thailand'. I'm having a go at you for coming on like an expert when you're just a tourist here and all you do is spam the forum with unreadable nonsense.

Sorry to say if you think of me like that as tourists which I am and you think I write nonsense you are the losers I am talking about have a good day cheers

• Like 1

I'm not what you maen at all - I love it here.

If that is the case then don't have a go at me about some thing good about thailand be happy and lucky you have it good and I am happy to read you love it in thailand like I do

I'm not having a go at you for 'some thing good about thailand'. I'm having a go at you for coming on like an expert when you're just a tourist here and all you do is spam the forum with unreadable nonsense.

Sorry to say if you think of me like that as tourists which I am and you think I write nonsense you are the losers I am talking about have a good day cheers

I thought you were talking about people who are unhappy in Thailand.

I love it here. So much so that I moved here.

• Like 2

Good you understand the Thai people now explain it to us.

Thanks a great rosy post

Thanks, I understand them from my eyes and you will have to understand them from your eyes not mine .

It appears we understand them differently and you should understand this with bashers as you call them, id say realists personally

Interesting to see that someone who's come here on holiday a few times has the whole place figured out.

You are what I maen you read some thing here witch is good about thailand and you have to have a go at me how in the hell would you know if I come here on holiday who told you that not me in my 6 years of coming to thailand I have live here for 4 of them so now tell me again I have not figured thailand out .

"how in the hell would you know if I come here on holiday who told you that"

It was rather spelt out, by you, when you said things like "I have been coming and going to thailand for the pass 6 years" and "But I still love coming to thailand" and "when I first started coming here was to go home". I guess that English isn't your first language, and you didn't say you were now living here, in the OP.

Why does that matter ? Perhaps because the experience of living here, rather than just visiting for short periods, gives a very different perspective, which is reflected in the way posters view the country.

Most of us view the country positively, most of the time, which is why we're still happily living here ! Just like yourself, in fact !

But in learning to understand the differences, or coping with frustration over some of the oddities of the culture and life here, people do sometimes need to 'let off steam'. And TV is an excellent place to do that, you'll often learn (if not always agree with) why 'they' do things the way that they do, please remember that many posters are stuck in small villages & just need to get something 'off their chest'.

This may well be you, after you've married & had a family & built a house in Ban Nawk, and gotten past the first few years of full-time residence, with the usual Immigration problems understood & settled, and her family has gotten used to you & your funny farang ways !

Posters on TV do mostly love the country, as you still do, that's why we stay ! wai2.gif

Ok good thanks I like your reply have a good day and keep on love such a great place like thailand

• Like 1

" Why are western men are unhappy in Thailand " as oppose to what? western men happy elsewhere

in the world but not in Thailand? and how can any put out a statement like this? happiness is

subjective state of minds and on so many and endless levels, to many to fathom and grasp,

and until now, no one yet, not even the most brilliant scientists and philosophers has yet defined

what happiness is, or what really make this man happy but not the next?

• Like 1

Some people feel trapped

Some people miss back home

Some people can't wrap their hands around the outrageous levels of corruption

Some people feel like Thais just don't like us

There are a lot of reasons why people become unhappy here and personally I have gone through stages of feeling my life had become a bit stagnant here probably fueled by the lack of a proper social life and working far too much. But over the last year or so I feel like I have turned a corner and I am starting to appreciate the simple things in living here again. It is very easy to get jaded about living in Thailand once you get over the first five years and personally I try my best to stay positive about life here and not get sucked into the bitching and moaning.

Everyone is allowed an opinion though and if you are unhappy here I could understand why but personally I see myself living here for a very long time and being happy as well. But I suppose the truth of the matter is that there is no paradise on earth where everything perfect and everyone's life is bound to have ups and downs regardless of where you are living.

Edited by bkkgooner
  • Like 1