Dr Visanu: Section 44 is needed to deal with ill-intent elements

webfact

Dr Visanu: Section 44 is needed to deal with ill-intent elements

4-2-2015-11-02-17-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The government has decided to invoke Section 44 of the interim Constitution to replace the martial law because there are many elements who are bent on destabilizing the situation in the country, said Deputy Prime Minister Visanu Krua-ngarm on Thursday.

Citing intelligence reports, he said there are five groups of ill-intent elements among them are politicians who lost their power; money barons who were affected by the government’s imposition of new orders; opportunists who want to exploit the forthcoming election to effect political changes; trouble makers who do not have any political motives and those who simply want to express their grievances.

Dr Visanu insisted that powers vested by Section 44 had been invoked before in the form of Section 17 during the regime of military strongman, Field Marshal Sarit Thanarat.

Other countries have similar law but they were not written as obviously as the Thai version, he said, adding that the Thai special law originated from Section 16 of the French charter.

Dr Visanu maintained that Section 44 needs not have to be invoked to penalize people or to restrict the rights of the people but could be used constructively. For instance, he said Section 44 could be invoked to effect amnesty.

He outlined the merits of Section 44 in comparison with martial law as follows: it will boost tourism as tourists can now buy insurance coverage during their visits to Thailand; defendants will be entitled to fairer trial through three levels of military court instead of just one.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dr-visanu-section-44-is-needed-to-deal-with-ill-intent-elements

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-04-03

Five groups with ill-intent and one of them are those who simply want to express their grievances !

Yes it's a threat to national security to have a complaint and want to air it. These people are dangerous and complaints cannot be allowed, what a cheek !

Article 44 Rocks.

• Like 1

Five groups with ill-intent and one of them are those who simply want to express their grievances !

Yes it's a threat to national security to have a complaint and want to air it. These people are dangerous and complaints cannot be allowed, what a cheek !

Article 44 Rocks.

1984_zpsppysdosc.jpg

• Like 2

So I guess the 58 year old man that got 25 years for 5 facebook messages, would come under....

A person that wanted to express his grievances.

And the 62 year old man that got 15 years for writing on the toilet wall at paragon would come under. .....

Or the hyperthetical thaivisa user that posted a funny picture with a smart caption that may get 30 years without bail, for expressing their grievances.

This is seriously the time to think carefully before touching that post button.

• Like 1

"defendants will be entitled to fairer trial through three levels of military court instead of just one."

So an increase in the number of military courts from a one tier to a three tiered system, after Mr P. asserted he would be reducing the use of military courts. Obviously another lie uncovered.

Didn't someone say a day or two ago that the military system was better because it was faster that the civilian courts but then went on to say they use the same laws and methodology ?

Different but the same !

So I guess the 58 year old man that got 25 years for 5 facebook messages, would come under....

And the 62 year old man that got 15 years for writing on the toilet wall at paragon would come under. .....

Or the hyperthetical thaivisa user that posted a funny picture with a smart caption that may get 30 years without bail, for expressing their grievances.

I ALREADY posted the translated version or Article 44 on my fb page in PUBLIC, with lots of snide comments. cheesy.gif

Guess it's time to get a shed load of bamboo sticks ready at my door. giggle.gif .......facepalm.gif .............laugh.png

• Like 2

44=22 times 2. Seems obvious. 22 is a paradoxical situation from which an individual cannot escape because of contradictory rules. -22s often result from rules, regulations, or procedures that an individual is subject to but has no control over because to fight the rule is to accept it. Another example is a situation in which someone is in need of something that can only be had by not being in need of it. Sure you can have a democracy but only without elections. Get it?

Edited by lostoday

I ALREADY posted the translated version or Article 44 on my fb page in PUBLIC, with lots of snide comments. cheesy.gif

Guess it's time to get a shed load of bamboo sticks ready at my door. giggle.gif .......facepalm.gif .............laugh.png

And so many of us initially though that AA was something to do with drinking habits or a motoring organisation.

• Like 1

Another example is a situation in which someone is in need of something that can only be had by not being in need of it. Sure you can have a democracy but only without elections. Get it?

You reminded me. I just elected that I need to go for a poop. I hope it's a democratic one, seeing as i individually decided to go have a cr@p.

• Like 1

Dr Visanu maintained that Section 44 needs not have to be invoked to penalize people or to restrict the rights of the people but could be used constructively. For instance, he said Section 44 could be invoked to effect amnesty.

3 options:

1. Lying through his teeth

2. Stupid

3. Both of the above

3 options:

1. Lying through his teeth

2. Stupid

3. Both of the above

You missed out option 4. for the Junta supporters.

4. Don't know.

• Like 1

Yes, it is a good time to think carefully before posting, but do rest assured that we have a number of moderators who make every effort to take down posts which are deemed dangerous.

If you come across any that we might have missed, we do have report button as well.

• Like 2

Myanmar suffered a huge loss of revenue during its most repressive years under the generals. The way the current regime is behaving, Thailand could be heading in the same direction as an international pariah.

Myanmar suffered a huge loss of revenue during its most repressive years under the generals. The way the current regime is behaving, Thailand could be heading in the same direction as an international pariah.

I hope with the all powerful Article 44, it can stop the insurgency in the South. Lots more ill intend elements there. Don't see that lot mentioned in Visanu's list. Maybe they are less dangerous than those who want to express their grievances.

The government has decided to invoke Section 44 of the interim Constitution to replace the martial law because there are many elements who are bent on destabilizing the situation in the country, said Deputy Prime Minister Visanu Krua-ngarm on Thursday.

Roughly translated ... there are some people who don't want to be ruled by the elite and we have to stop them at all costs.

• Like 2

Let's break it down. The 5 groups with "ill intent" are listed below, along with a more detailed explanation of each.

1) politicians who lost their power

We do not understand politicians. Politicians are bad. Soldiers are good.

2) money barons who were affected by the government’s imposition of new orders;

Some rich people are bad. Some rich people are not bad. We decide.

3) Opportunists who want to exploit the forthcoming election to effect political changes;

Voting must never be used to effect political changes. The purpose of voting is to elect a powerless legislature. But maybe not next year.

4) trouble makers who do not have any political motives

We never had trouble makers in Thailand before, nor laws to deal with them. We see many, many trouble makers.

5) those who simply want to express their grievances.

The new government is inerrant. Grievances are incorrect and cause confusion. We have 12 values and 5 spirits. These are acceptable.

Let's break it down. The 5 groups with "ill intent" are listed below, along with a more detailed explanation of each.

3) Opportunists who want to exploit the forthcoming election to effect political changes;

Voting must never be used to effect political changes. The purpose of voting is to elect a powerless legislature. But maybe not next year.

We never had trouble makers in Thailand before, nor laws to deal with them. We see many, many trouble makers.

The new government is inerrant. Grievances are incorrect and cause confusion. We have 12 values and 5 spirits. These are acceptable.

3 I intend to 'exploit the forthcoming (UK) election to affect political change'. I'm clearly a bad man.!

3 I intend to 'exploit the forthcoming (UK) election to affect political change'. I'm clearly a bad man.!

Better be careful. As former Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm told us a while ago, governments don't like it when foreigners interfere in politics.

Of course you being Thai you may use foreign examples to help Thailand.

BTW your poster name and a previous post with "my farang friend" suggested you might be female. In that case you would not be a bad man, but a bad woman.

PS of course, I'm still puzzling on your previous "When I was a young lad it was a badge of honour to say you had an 'unsigned' copy of Mrs Thatcher's biography!."

Edited by rubl