Rain again.

backstairs

A friend of mine that has a rain gauge said there was only 5 cm in October. Good thing August and September made up for October's shortfall.

really, seems to me Rawai has a few good downpours in Oct. maybe different where your friend is.

I measured almost 13 CM in early November in just a couple days of rain at the beginning of the month in Rawai.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit drunk are you oilinki? Or, are you typing a hybrid English - Finnish?

Good notion. I was not drunk at the time. I have my times when I simply don't care about my grammar. Sometimes it's much more fun to simply to say what I want, without caring if it's correct English or not.

At the moment I'm far more intoxicated, thus I'm more careful what I write. :)

Why is there monsoon rain right now in mid-December???

I have a hotel full of very wet Chinese, all moaning at me because it is raining cats and dogs....

Because, approximately 25 to 30 years ago, the rainy season stopped 1st December and started on the 1st May. This was also when the Similan National park was closed.

TAT then changed the ending of the rainy season to 1st November to get more tourists to come. The wind direction does indeed change around the 1st November, but the rain can continue anywhere from two weeks to six weeks, depending if the onset of dry weather is late or early.

The reason it's seems like it's raining when it shouldn't is money. Pure and simple.

Oh....and nobody told the weather.

Edited by KarenBravo

I have not experienced the rain season to go this far. Yes, there has been occasional torrents, but it did not happen pretty much every night, like it does now.

But I'm not an religious person, so I can count this as simple accident. Something to complain and not being happy about, but it still does not mean that this is a trend.