TM30 - House rent - who has to fill / sign / deliver?

Situation:

Will soon move to Thailand and rent a house on a long-term contract. Will have a Non-Imm O-A and later apply for retirement extension. House rent might be done through an agent. Now my questions about address reporting

- am aware that within 24h of arrival, an alien must have his address reported, hotels will normally do that automatically.

- am aware of the TM30 form that would need to be filled out by house / appartment building owners to report the arrival of an alien

My questions: When I rent a house, who is resposible to fill out the TM30 and deliver to local immigration

- can the agent do this?

- if the house is in company possession, who from the company would have to sign it?

- if the house is privatly (Thai) owned, I assume it would be the Thai owner

Have read different threads here, some say it is the owner and other threads say that according to the immigration act, the "possessor" - in that case myself through the rental contract - can sign the TM30 and bring to immigration.

Finally: Once the form is filled and signed, it should be brought to the local immigration office (for me Jomtien Soi 5). Does this have to be done in person? Any other documents needed?

Any help appreciated.

Only a few immigration offices will expect a TM30 form be filed for where you are living.

It will depend upon the office you need do your 90 day reports and extension at.

Office will be Jomtien / Pattaya

but maybe I did not ask correct: My question is more ON ARRIVAL and not for the 90d report. As far as I know the laws, a foreigner must have a reported address from the first day he enters Thailand, this would be the address mentioned on the arrival card to be handed to immigration at the airport.

I was told that hotels will then automatically inform police / immigration with their guest list. I was also told that owners of appartment blockes should fill out the TM30 and the excel attached with all their guests and send to immigration. So my question is: Do I (or the owner of the house who rents to me) have to fill a TM30 and bring somewhere or can I wait for the first 90d report?

Reporting your address within 24 hours of arriving in Thailand is a rule which is rarely (if at all) enforced.

The TM30 is the responsibility of the property owner / housemaster..

Just wait for your first 90 day report and see if they ask for a TM30 to be completed.

I live at my wifes house and she has never filled in a TM30.

As Joe states above, it depends on your immigration office.

• Like 1

Upon arrival you will complete your requirement my completing the TM 6 card unless you move to a different address. The landlord (person responsible for the property) is required by law to complete a TM 30 form and report that a foreigner is staying at the accommodation within 24 hours. Should the landlord not file a TM 30, that person is subject to a fine. While fines seem to be rather rare, my wife was fined for not reporting my presence when we moved into our newly built house some years ago. That occurred when I applied for an extension of stay in Bangkok and showed a new address on my application.

• Like 2

I was told that hotels will then automatically inform police / immigration with their guest list. I was also told that owners of appartment blockes should fill out the TM30 and the excel attached with all their guests and send to immigration. So my question is: Do I (or the owner of the house who rents to me) have to fill a TM30 and bring somewhere or can I wait for the first 90d report?

You don't need to do anything. It's up to the owner of the house. You've nothing to do or worry about.

• Like 1

From the Immigration Act:

Section 4 : In this Act :

“ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of
owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.
Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office
located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.
It is not true that only the owner of of the apartment can submit the form TM.30. The law considers you to be the 'house master" because you are the "chief possessor" of the dwelling "in the capacity of tenant".
If you chose to submit the TM.30 in your own name I suggest that below your signature you encircle the text "POSSESSOR OR RESIDENCE", which, allowing for the obvious typing error, means possessor of residence, ie you, the tenant.
  • Like 1

Interesting.

So in this case it's neither the Tenant nor the Landlords individual obligation to submit the TM30. But one of them has to do it, and if neither do they can be fined a total of 2,000 baht between them.

Immigration Act; "Section 77 : Whoever fails to comply with the provision of Section 38, shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 2,000 Baht. If said person is a hotel manager, he shall be punished with a fine from 2,000 Baht to 10,000 Baht. "

Interesting.

So in this case it's neither the Tenant nor the Landlords individual obligation to submit the TM30. But one of them has to do it, and if neither do they can be fined a total of 2,000 baht between them.

Immigration Act; "Section 77 : Whoever fails to comply with the provision of Section 38, shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 2,000 Baht. If said person is a hotel manager, he shall be punished with a fine from 2,000 Baht to 10,000 Baht. "

Personally I fill it in and get the blue book person to sign. Do I care about it? Not a lot. Necessary for proof of address.

gdaya folks,

4 questions, kindly advise :

my spouse and i live in a house owned by my wife's sister in banglamung. last year filed the tm 30 for my marriage extension. do i need to file it

again or is just the lower part from last year enough, which is stamped by the immi ???

i received my under consideration stamp on the 23072014 to pick up my marriage extension of stay on the 22082014, which was granted until

04.08.2015. now when acc. to the 30 days rule can i file my renewal for the marriage extension at joimtiem on the 23.06.2015 or 04.07.2015 ???

then can i just walk in and file the application with paperwork or need to ask for an appointment coming back next day ???

do i need 8 photos, 4 inside 4 outside postcard format ????

wbr roobaa01

gdaya folks,

4 questions, kindly advise :

my spouse and i live in a house owned by my wife's sister in banglamung. last year filed the tm 30 for my marriage extension. do i need to file it

again or is just the lower part from last year enough, which is stamped by the immi ???

i received my under consideration stamp on the 23072014 to pick up my marriage extension of stay on the 22082014, which was granted until

04.08.2015. now when acc. to the 30 days rule can i file my renewal for the marriage extension at joimtiem on the 23.06.2015 or 04.07.2015 ???

then can i just walk in and file the application with paperwork or need to ask for an appointment coming back next day ???

do i need 8 photos, 4 inside 4 outside postcard format ????

wbr roobaa01

You should not need another TM30 form completed since you have not moved. Just show the receipt for the one last year.

You can apply for your extension 30 days before the one you have now ends. Which would be about the 4th of July.

You will need the same number of photos they wanted last year.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't stay at a place where an agent or managment would file the TM30 and the owner is out of the country, so I went to Hua Hin immigration to file a TM30 as possesser. They said owner files a TM30, an individual "self-reports" on a TM28. Either a TM28 or a TM30 needs to be filed, but not both.

As I sat there the officer entered my info from the TM28 into the computer and said it's updated. He stapled the TM28 receipt into my passport. I asked again if a TM30 still needs to be filed by the owner and he said no, your address is up to date.

Side note: Before I went I called them and was told to bring a copy of the lease, however, when I went to the office (Hua Hin) he did not ask for it.

ubonjoe et al

Lived in CNX for 13 years & owned a condo in my name.

Now, I have relocated & live in a house owned by my wife & land owned my MIL. Land owned by MIL as we purchased in absentia & therefore convenient to have her do the paperwork. I funded the purchase.

TM30 - new to me.

UJ states that many I/O do not seek a TM30.

Specific question - what is the practice of the CNX I/O re TM30?

uj - too slow - 6 min wait!

In fact, badly explained by me.

My question was 2-fold.

Part 2 - land legally owned by MIL. House owned by wife. No paperwork between MIL & wife.

Who signs the TM30?

• 3 months later...

Upon arrival you will complete your requirement my completing the TM 6 card unless you move to a different address. The landlord (person responsible for the property) is required by law to complete a TM 30 form and report that a foreigner is staying at the accommodation within 24 hours. Should the landlord not file a TM 30, that person is subject to a fine. While fines seem to be rather rare, my wife was fined for not reporting my presence when we moved into our newly built house some years ago. That occurred when I applied for an extension of stay in Bangkok and showed a new address on my application.

I'm just wondering if I should be concerned about this. My situation is that I normally stay at hotels as the gf's place is simply too small and not practical for me to stay at when I visit. As such for my next visit in December I've booked an Air BnB apartment near her work at Bang Kapi in BKK.

From what I can make out its the apartment owner who is obligated to report my stay but I get the feeling she won't.

I'm just wondering if I should be concerned about this. My situation is that I normally stay at hotels as the gf's place is simply too small and not practical for me to stay at when I visit. As such for my next visit in December I've booked an Air BnB apartment near her work at Bang Kapi in BKK.

From what I can make out its the apartment owner who is obligated to report my stay but I get the feeling she won't.

The apartment owner or manager is responsible for doing the report.

Unless you have to go for an extension of your entry you really don't need to worry about the report being done. But if only a exempt or tourist visa entry extension Bangkok normally does not ask for the TM30.

Chiang Mai Immigration is now saying that every time you leave the country and re-enter, there should be a new TM 30 filed. No need if you travel around the country and return home, even if you stay in a hotel that presumably filed a TM 30 for you.

Doesn't make much sense, but our condo's juristic person mgr. confirmed this also to me. The condo office is able to file TM30s on line and gives us a receipt we can staple in our passport.

Hubby recently did his retirement extension and Immigration looked for the TM30 receipt in his passport, but didn't check it. He had left and re-entered the country since that TM30 had been filed by the condo mgr. So had they checked, they would have found the TM30 in his passport was invalid.

Here in CM, Immigration sometimes uses the lack of a TM30 being on file as a form of harassment in their interactions with foreigners and they do sometimes fine people. They've been to our condo office twice about the subject of TM30s and other condos that have a high number of foreign residents. So far, no fines at the condo offices which are trying to be cooperative.

My wife filed a TM30 for me today at rhe old Immigration department in CM,no fine but a stern warning that if I leave LOS and return she has to file another one within 24 hours, which is a bit of a bummer as I always go stay with my son and grandson on the way back from the UK twice a year, guess I won't be able to do that in future.

Also I have friends arriving in 2 weeks time, she will have to file for them as well.

All these new hoops....what a pain in the butt!!!

My wife filed a TM30 for me today at rhe old Immigration department in CM,no fine but a stern warning that if I leave LOS and return she has to file another one within 24 hours, which is a bit of a bummer as I always go stay with my son and grandson on the way back from the UK twice a year, guess I won't be able to do that in future.

Also I have friends arriving in 2 weeks time, she will have to file for them as well.

All these new hoops....what a pain in the butt!!!

It should mean when you arrive at your home not in the country. The rules state when the alien takes up residence (or such).

She should not need to worry about your friends staying unless they will be doing something at immigration.

Ubonjoe,

That is not what Chiang Mai Immigration is saying, they say she MUST report our visitors to immigration.

Guess the rules are different one province to another?.

As far as taking up residence back in CM after a visit, they are saying 24 hours otherwise a fine, it does not matter if I stay in BK or not it's still 24 hours up here...according to CM immigration

I'm really confused about all of this?