Tropical storms forecast during Songkran holidays

webfact

Tropical storms forecast during Songkran holidays

BANGKOK, 9 April 2015 (NNT)-Thais have been told to brace for summer storms during Songkran holidays.

The Meteorological Department has said the high pressure system is expected to move from China to the upper part of Thailand next week.

Tropical storms have been forecast to make landfall from April 11th – 14th. The easterly wind will gain strength and bring more rain to the South of Thailand, especially in the Gulf of Thailand. Fishermen should remain ashore as sea conditions are not ideal for fishing.

Scattered thundershowers have also been predicted in the North of Thailand during the same period. The temperature will likely plunge to the lowest degree of 23 degrees Celsius and rise to as high as 36 degrees Celsius at midday.

Chiang Mai residents have been told to be cautious when leaving their homes during the adverse weather conditions as strong winds could easily knock off trees and street signs.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-04-09 footer_n.gif

Am I the only one wishing it should rain cats and dogs during these days?

Been baking hot in Udon Thani for a few days, we had a scare of a storm 2 days ago, but it past quickly and now baking hot again.

A storm will have to come soon as the heat is building up too high. My garden needs some more rain , hosed water is second best.

• Like 1

Been baking hot in Udon Thani for a few days, we had a scare of a storm 2 days ago, but it past quickly and now baking hot again.

A storm will have to come soon as the heat is building up too high. My garden needs some more rain , hosed water is second best.

We have had no rain here in Phuket for more than a month, and the heat has steadily increased. In hope that the rain forecast for the Gulf of Thailand may cross the peninsula and deliver some here!

We have had no rain here in Phuket for more than a month, and the heat has steadily increased. In hope that the rain forecast for the Gulf of Thailand may cross the peninsula and deliver some here!

Careful what you wish for. I was in BKK when that sudden rain storm flooded the area near Asoke. My poor friend called me in tears as she had ruined her new dress and shoes when she got trapped in the flood zone. I had to listen to her babble on and pretend I appreciated the calamity of the loss.

• Like 1

Sure hope it does not raid, would not want people to get all wet

Saw it happen once on a Songkran ' special ' day in Pattaya when the revellers were splashing their way up Thappraya Road until it started to rain and they scattered for cover. :lol:

I suppose there's a difference between getting wet and getting wet ?

Interesting...

I follow the "Accuweather " forecasts for my area and it mentions no bad weather at all on the 13th, 14th or 15th!

In fact, the comments are as follows:

• Today Apr 11
    A t-storm around in the p.m.91°Lo 74°
    more
  • Sun Apr 12
    Some rain and a thunderstorm92°Lo 71°
    more
  • Mon Apr 13
    Partly sunny and pleasant92°Lo 70°
    more
  • Tue Apr 14
    Sunshine and nice92°Lo 70°
    more
  • Wed Apr 15
    Mostly sunny and pleasant96°Lo 70°
Edited by willyumiii

Here the sois are already full with dogs biggrin.png

Poor buggers are getting wet in the rain then roasting in the sun. Speaking of roasting, someone should send some Chinese tourist to these sois. They'll be licking their lips. (the Chinese tourist...not the dogs)