Koh Samui blast 'political'

Lite Beer

My girl friend,a native of Suratthani and a "Rabid" supporter of Suthep, swears that it was the Redshirts, as Khun Suthep's warehouse was also 'torched' cheesy.gifrolleyes.gif

Are you saying there is no insurance to collect on these targets? If not, your theory has a slight possibility. If there is than one has to think some more.

Who benefits?

My girl friend,a native of Suratthani and a "Rabid" supporter of Suthep, swears that it was the Redshirts, as Khun Suthep's warehouse was also 'torched' cheesy.gifrolleyes.gif

actually most of the locals I know cant stand suthep or his family, they have a pretty bad name with many of the people for what they have done and still do.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I agree this is political and most likely, since no one was supposed to die, decided by the fugitive felon former PM whose allies are dropping out of power faster than he can keep track of. This is a desperation move and will likely continue. I was near downtown Bangkok during the 2006 New Year's Eve bombings for which Thaksin was also suspected. He was suspected because he had just been deposed by the 2006 military coup. Very similar circumstances today. Patience is not in Thaksin's psyche and it makes it obvious when bad things happen right after 'bad' things happen to Thaksin. It is my opinion as I cannot prove it so all you Thaksin defenders/lovers, don't bother to argue with me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Bangkok_bombings

I'm no fan of Thaksin at all, but I don't know how this is supposed to benefit him and what he would get out of it.

If you can't see how making the junta look incompetent and helpless to protect the populace helps Thaksin, I can't help you understand anything.

I agree this is political and most likely, since no one was supposed to die, decided by the grumpy D current PM whose allies have taken refuge in a Surat Thani temple. This is a desperation move and will likely continue. The junta will instigate such events periodically to justify the continuation of its enforced rule. They are the one's to directly benefit from such events.

It is my opinion as I cannot prove it so all you D defenders/lovers, don't bother to argue with me.

Your post lacks logic as the junta already holds ALL the cards and has all the power to do as they please; no desperation there. Do you really think they need this kind of bad publicity to maintain power? It would be counterproductive. Doesn't this look like an attempt to make them look like they can't keep people safe? This is obviously the work of someone (his initials are TS) who wants to discredit the government which is currently wildly successful in both improving the function of government and ridding it of the evil Thaksin influence. Thaksin is the one making the "desperation move and will likely continue".

BTW, Keep using the 'D' and you will get banned from the forum because we all know what you are referring to and it's not 'Dummy'.

Logic was never their strong point my friend.

According to our friend here the Junta want the economy to fail and the tourist numbers to drop just so they can blame the reds for this bomb blast. They apparently don't care if they are remembered for leaving a legacy of a failed economy. Never mind the fact that they have tried desperately to improve the economy and increase tourist numbers and it has worked. They report on increasing tourist numbers ad nauseum and are very proud of the fact they have gone up. Some hate the fact that the economy is looking up and that the toiurist numbers have reached record levels and with nothing tangible to blame the Junta with become so desperate to denounce them that through frustration they use feeble and illogical reasoning like the above. Why? It is all they have left.

The same folk with their logic suggested the PDRC bombed themselves so much they had to retreat from themselves into Lumpini park. Then they continued to bomb themselves so they had to put up anti grenade netting around the site so their own grenades did not fall on themselves.

I call it PTP logic. It is quite fascinating to read sometimes.

Do you people not read the news? Really...if you can't fathom a reason why the junta would be instigating these events you are simpler than I thought.

No Stability, No Election, Prayuth Warns

BANGKOK — Speaking two days after a grenade was thrown at a court house in Bangkok, junta chairman and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha warned that an election will not be held until the political climate is stable.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1425891626

If Prayut used your so-called logic, If he wanted to delay elections, wouldn't he wait until the weeks before the election instead of a year in advance? With your 'logic', he's going to have to make himself look incompetent for the whole year before planned elections. LoL. Clearly, planning and logic are not your forte.

• Like 1

Do you ever tire of the constant blaming of Thaksin for every mishap and foul deed in Thailand?

Short answer: NO, I don't ever get tired of blaming the most troublesome man to grace disgrace Thailand in recent history. “Welcome to the Republic of Thaksin.” http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-11-07/thailand-s-big-brother-drama

Long answer: I don't blame him for "every mishap and foul deed in Thailand"; just the ones that fit his Modus Operandi.

My turn. Don't you ever get tired of defending that fugitive felon former PM? What's in it for you? Certainly not a less corrupt Thailand.

As for your observations on Samui, I have several good farang friends who are long-time residents of Samui; two of whom have connections to the Samui Mafia, and they think this is not criminal gang related as it hurts business the gangs depend upon. The southern insurgents wouldn't be making much of a statement in Samui because: 1) it is out of their sphere of interest and 2) no deaths.

I am not defending the man, but there is absolutely no evidence to link the UDD to this event. The UDD does not have the secure organization to steal a car in Yala and transport it up to Samui. It is Suthep country and the UDD can not go to the loo without the security officials knowing.

You reference a less corrupt Thailand and then in the next sentence you state that you have good friends in Samui with connections to organized crime. And therein lies the problem with you and your associates. You are part of the problem. I do not associate with anyone who is associated with local mafias, or organized crime. Zero tolerance. I don't think I am in the minority either, as I would expect that most TVFers and foreigners in Thailand steer far away from anyone associated with criminal activity. The terms and conditions of my employment require I do not associate with anyone criminal and I have an obligation to report. Most people employed by reputable international companies are subject to similar conditions and most people with common sense and a modicum of ethics do the same.

Samui has been the site of multiple settling of accounts, none of them politically related. This also might be related to the South. I don't know, nor do you. The only political aspect of this event so far is the investigation. In the absence of a proper and thorough investigation, we won't know.

but there is absolutely no evidence to link the UDD to this event

I never mentioned the UDD so that's one 'Straw Man' you successfully knocked down. Do you really think the UDD are the only operatives at Dr. Thaksin's disposal?

You reference a less corrupt Thailand and then in the next sentence you state that you have good friends in Samui with connections to organized crime

You read too much into what I wrote so I will clarify. Samui is as corrupt a place you will find this side of the Ukraine. To survive there, long-term, you had better make some connections with the powers-that-be which, in this case, is Mafia. You don't have to participate or be a member of a criminal organization to have one of its members help you from time to time. I personally don't know any Mafia on Samui but I do know non-mafia people who do know mafia. BTW, 'associates' is not a word I use for my non-business friends; in fact, here in the US is is a term that Mafia use to refer to other Mafia so I resent your usage. I, myself, grew up in the New Orleans area and I had connections to the Carlos Marcello crime family (their tentacles were everywhere and my GF was good friends with Carlos Marcello's daughter in high school) and never participated in any criminal activity or helped them in any way except crew on some of their racing sailboats. I also knew crooked judges, lawyers, cops, and politicians. That's life in southeastern Louisiana. Maybe that's why I don't get upset at what I see in Thailand.

I do not associate with anyone criminal

...that you know of. If you know any Thai politicians or police, it is almost assured you know a criminal. Just because they don't confess their criminal activity to you doesn't make them less of a criminal.

Edited by rametindallas
  • Like 1

Lot of security yesterday at Central Bang Na. They didn't check the vehicles entering the parking lot though, as they were having lunch.

Note to self:

If you want to blow up Central Bang Na, do it during the guards lunch break ................

The biggest hole in the security checks is the entrance to Tops.

They never check there despite it leading directly into Central Bang Na.

Never seen security gaurds in major shopping centres in Australia, I know they have a couple but you never see them. Thailand is saturated with them and easy to spot because of the bloody whistles. Edited by chooka

"There have been no intelligence reports about the insurgency spreading out of the deep South. But there is a possibility that the perpetrators were southern insurgents or natives of southern border provinces who have expertise in assembling car bombs and were hired with the same motivation as in the case of the bomb blast on Soi Ramkhamhaeng 43/1 in Bangkok,'' Banpot said.''

Are there intelligence reports pointing to this theory?

There must have been some intelligence reports pointing to possible car bomb attacks in Thailand as Central in Udon Thani have been searching under cars with mirrors entering their car park since the beginning of March. So i guess someone knows exactly who is responsible.

Have other shopping malls also been carrying out the same sort of security measures?

There must have been some intelligence reports pointing to possible car bomb attacks in Thailand as Central in Udon Thani have been searching under cars with mirrors entering their car park since the beginning of March. So i guess someone knows exactly who is responsible.

Sorry mate your timing is way out there. The boys with the mirrors have been there since the old Central was upgraded into the new Central Festival a few years ago I remember them checking under my car when it first opened. A lot longer than since March it is just like most things Thai it is fairly hit and miss and they don't do it all the time.

• Like 1

There must have been some intelligence reports pointing to possible car bomb attacks in Thailand as Central in Udon Thani have been searching under cars with mirrors entering their car park since the beginning of March. So i guess someone knows exactly who is responsible. Sorry mate your timing is way out there. The boys with the mirrors have been there since the old Central was upgraded into the new Central Festival a few years ago I remember them checking under my car when it first opened. A lot longer than since March it is just like most things Thai it is fairly hit and miss and they don't do it all the time.

I passed both car park entrances to Central Udon quite a few times in March and all the security were doing was handing out / collecting parking authorisations, definitely no car checks..

A couple of things to be done in town after Songkran so will be able to have another look.

Correctly stated, all hit and miss.

• Like 1

Why?...........Because the idea that Muslim terrorists are now bombing top tourist destinations in Thailand would be too terrible to think about.

And we don't want to scare the serfs, do we ?

Policy: feed them the same BS they have been fed before, and of course keep them in the dark.

The x government politician now under Government probe want to cause trouble to the new government. The bomb goes off in his building! But now he is a monk who makes Lord Budda very said. What do you think Watson?

The x government politician now under Government probe want to cause trouble to the new government. The bomb goes off in his building! But now he is a monk who makes Lord Budda very said. What do you think Watson?

Mr. Sherlock, you should have noticed that the place to which Suthep is related is not Central Festival, but a coop he founded in Surat Thani that took fire.

Additionally: Suthep + stock of unmarketable rubber in flame + very good insurance = ?

I know I am kind of biased: whenever it's about southern Thailand, I tend to interpret events as if it was in southern Italy smile.png

PS: I should also add a fake Facebook page of a redshirt announcing the event, and the police obviously informed by someone on the existence of this page :)

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Australian media are reporting that is part of the ongoing problems in the south and not politically motivated.

Oz media often use formulaic commentry, never seen any independent analysis by Oz media reporters on the issues facing the deep South

I haven't seen this on OZ media

Are you referring to mention of the actual attack? It was reported by a number of media outlets in Oz. So far no follow up, I assume of no interest as Australians were not injured or killed.

I agree this is political and most likely, since no one was supposed to die, decided by the fugitive felon former PM whose allies are dropping out of power faster than he can keep track of. This is a desperation move and will likely continue. I was near downtown Bangkok during the 2006 New Year's Eve bombings for which Thaksin was also suspected. He was suspected because he had just been deposed by the 2006 military coup. Very similar circumstances today. Patience is not in Thaksin's psyche and it makes it obvious when bad things happen right after 'bad' things happen to Thaksin. It is my opinion as I cannot prove it so all you Thaksin defenders/lovers, don't bother to argue with me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Bangkok_bombings

I'm no fan of Thaksin at all, but I don't know how this is supposed to benefit him and what he would get out of it.

If you can't see how making the junta look incompetent and helpless to protect the populace helps Thaksin, I can't help you understand anything.

First off, Philistine, I don't need you to help me understand anything. I know more than you ever will. I've written countless articles about this country and I am certain my knowledge far exceeds yours.

I'll break it down to your level since you understand only condescension. He has nothing to gain because if he is bankrolling these terrorist attacks, what do you think is going to happen? You think Prayuth is going to quit, take his ball and go home? No, Thaksin is smarter than that. He knows if he instigates this kind of stuff, the junta will stay in power longer, justifying it because of the ongoing violence.

Before you let your feeble thoughts infect the keyboard, think first, if that's possible.

• Like 1