Bus ride from Hell

4u2mad

Travelled back from BKK to KK on Wed, 4pm bus NCA. Offered the customary meal, with something resembling sliced sausage. After a couple of chews realised it was rancid and spat it out. About half hour later, servre stomach pain and the back door trots. Spent the rest of the journey back and forth to the toilet. Wife unfortunatly ate all of hers and it took longer for the illness to come on, but by 4am I had to support her on the toilet while she was vomitting into a bucket. I have used this company many times over the years, no problem until now. Anyone else had this problem?

• Like 1

OP, I've travelled many times with NCA in the past and I never had any misfortunes.

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you and your wife, but you should file a complaint with NCA.

I do think they take matters seriously and may be they can control or change their sandwich supplier, so no other person suffers the same.

Sorry for the editing OP, but I just thought of it.

Did you notice the other 30 or 40 passengers on the bus using the toilet as you and your wife?

If not, could it be something you ate earlier, before you go on the bus?

Complaint already in with NCA Costas. I didn't see any other Thais on the bus with a problem, but as I say, wifeys probs started many hours later. Maybe the Thai constitution? The only thing we ate in common that day was that meal. In fact I was bloody lucky no one else had a problem, 30 passengers, one toilet, would have been a brown trouser moment!

• Like 1

OP, I've travelled many times with NCA in the past and I never had any misfortunes.

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you and your wife, but you should file a complaint with NCA.

I do think they take matters seriously and may be they can control or change their sandwich supplier, so no other person suffers the same.

Did you notice the other 30 or 40 passengers on the bus using the toilet as you and your wife?

Complaint already in with NCA Costas. I didn't see any other Thais on the bus with a problem, but as I say, wifeys probs started many hours later. Maybe the Thai constitution? The only thing we ate in common that day was that meal. In fact I was bloody lucky no one else had a problem, 30 passengers, one toilet, would have been a brown trouser moment!

So if no one else had a problem was it only you and your wife that ate that food on the bus ?

• Like 1

I usually take a couple of Loperamide pills and never eat anything before or during a long journey on public transport.

Loperamide is available under different names (DIara - Mantil) They are tiny little pills and work wonders, always carry some on a trip.

smile.png

• Like 1

travelled through iran and pakistan with an ausssie who had the trots for eight weeks. we had to call many emergency bus stops for him to run into the bushes or just into the desert behind the bus. we visited a couple of hospitals in pakistan - not somewhere you'd want to be ill - they were friendly and willing to help and gave him IV drips and pills but nothing worked. he finally got it sorted when he got back home. he had some serious bug living in his stomach.

being an aussie he didnt let it get him down and we had an amazing trip.

had a seven day near death vomiting and diarrhoea experience myself in lebanon from street food. havent eaten street food since. as a previous poster said, i knew something was wrong within ten minutes of eating it.

memories...

If the meals were prepacked it is possible that only a couple were bad.

I never eat the crap food they offer on the bus. It always looks horrible.

Would tend to agree...but many can't resist. It seems like eating something while in motion is the highlight of their trip...like on the many 50 minute flights I've taken to Phnom Penh...many people order or buy food and eat it like it's the highlight of their day.

Sorry Mate your own fault why on earth would you eat the bus food, I never eat bus or train food, what is left over from the last trip is warmed up for the next one. Cook your own before you go and take it with you. Be smart. We do.