Kawasaki Hard bags for 2015 Versys 650

• 3 weeks later...

I heard the factory hard boxes will be very very expensive for the V in Thailand?

Anybody knows the price?

It would be nice to have them since the bike is already prepared for them, so tempted to get a pair myself (when I know the price).

I read on the US Versys forum that the 650LT is very popular over there, so I guess they "take" all the side bags first before we can get them?

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/index.php

Yes we are talking about the original side boxes, not non Kawa ones.

The V 2015 comes prepared to fit them, the frame is already on place and you can lock them right on, that why I am so interested in them.

I will ask the local Kawa dealer in Pattaya when home from overseas work next month.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes we are talking about the original side boxes, not non Kawa ones.

The V 2015 comes prepared to fit them, the frame is already on place and you can lock them right on, that why I am so interested in them.

I will ask the local Kawa dealer in Pattaya when home from overseas work next month.

I have the Kawa OEM panniers for my Ninja 1000. Looks really good but if truth be told, not so practical due to it's shape. Also the capacity is only 28 ltrs (and cost Bht 60,000).

I have the Givi 35s on my Versys. They don't look as good but personally I prefer them.

Biggest advantage about the OEM's are that it's the same key. In terms of putting on / taking off, both are equally simple.

is there any news on these i asked in motoholic today but i really want to see them before i buy them

Been in Ubon dealers today with a mate who"s buying Versys 1000. All other extras are available within 3 days (from BKK) so I would expect panniers to be the same.

is there any news on these i asked in motoholic today but i really want to see them before i buy them

Attached are a couple of photos my wife took of my new bags. Unfortunately I had to go back to work before I could get them mounted so I can't show you them on my bike. However there are many images on the web with the bags mounted.

post-30049-0-38403200-1443187323_thumb.j

post-30049-0-39836200-1443187469_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

thanks for he photos sakeopete looking good just a couple of questions how big are they can a full face helmet fit in the top box and what was the cost

thanks

I didn't get the top box not sure if a helmet fits. They are 28 litre I bought the set for 24k Baht. There is also a promotion that includes fog lamps, digital gear select and hand guards for 45k Baht. BTW even though they didn't come with the bike like the LT version sold outside of Thailand they will still match your key to the locks.

Edited by Sakeopete