PAYPAL SCB BANK Siam Commercial debit card cannot be used to pay ? What bank is the best for Paypal?

I would think that most bank workers have never heard of PayPal as it is not used by many Thais ,

and to save face and not admit they do not know what you are asking about it is easier to say they cannot do it ,

We did get it to work with K Bank so we can do PayPal , but never tried to put money into Paypal , only transfer from Paypal to the K bank account ,

and like I said above the K bank account needs to be set for International to work with Paypal in Singapore

That's interesting. Did you have to link to your Kasikorn bank when you set up your paypal account?

Withdrawals from my paypal account are transferred to my UK bank account. As my PP account is mostly US$ then I would have to pay for the exchange to GBP, then transfer here and change to Baht.

Do PP change the transfer to baht first or do you get it sent in ?currency?

Thanks

If you want to withdraw funds to a Thai bank account, I'm pretty sure you need to setup a Thai Paypal account. Please be aware that you cannot have 2 Paypal accounts at the same time or they will get frozen. You can link foreign cards to your Thai Paypal account though.

Edit: You can open balances in any currency in your Paypal account, however you can withdraw only in THB (unless you have a Thai USD account I guess). If you receive funds in a foreign currency (for example USD) you can use it to pay for goods in the same currency (USD in the example) but you'll have to convert inside Paypal (for a fee, I think 4%) if you want to withdraw the USD funds to your Thai bank.

Edited by wump

If you want to withdraw funds to a Thai bank account, I'm pretty sure you need to setup a Thai Paypal account. Please be aware that you cannot have 2 Paypal accounts at the same time or they will get frozen. You can link foreign cards to your Thai Paypal account though.

Edit: You can open balances in any currency in your Paypal account, however you can withdraw only in THB (unless you have a Thai USD account I guess). If you receive funds in a foreign currency (for example USD) you can use it to pay for goods in the same currency (USD in the example) but you'll have to convert inside Paypal (for a fee, I think 4%) if you want to withdraw the USD funds to your Thai bank.

Thank you for the info Wump.

According to the information available at the PayPal site only the following cards are accepted for a PayPal account in Thailand:

Which cards can I use with my PayPal account?

For a Credit Card – You can use a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card from all banks in Thailand with PayPal.

For a Debit Card – You can only use a debit card with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover logo from Bangkok Bank, Krungthai Bank and Kasikorn Bank.

Note:

• A debit or credit card can be registered to only one PayPal Account at a time.
  • For security reasons, you can only add cards issued in the country where you opened your PayPal account.

source:https://www.paypal.com/th/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?articleID=FAQ1880&m=SRE&url=https%253A%252F%252Fokminternal.paypal.com%252Finfocenter%252Findex%253Fpage%253Dcontent%2526id%253DFAQ1880%2526actp%253Dsearch%2526viewlocale%253Den_TH&answerId=16777217&searchId=1431309672753&rankId=2

According to the information available at the PayPal site only the following cards are accepted for a PayPal account in Thailand:

Which cards can I use with my PayPal account?

For a Credit Card – You can use a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card from all banks in Thailand with PayPal.

For a Debit Card – You can only use a debit card with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover logo from Bangkok Bank, Krungthai Bank and Kasikorn Bank.

Note:

• A debit or credit card can be registered to only one PayPal Account at a time.
  • For security reasons, you can only add cards issued in the country where you opened your PayPal account.

source:https://www.paypal.com/th/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?articleID=FAQ1880&m=SRE&url=https%253A%252F%252Fokminternal.paypal.com%252Finfocenter%252Findex%253Fpage%253Dcontent%2526id%253DFAQ1880%2526actp%253Dsearch%2526viewlocale%253Den_TH&answerId=16777217&searchId=1431309672753&rankId=2

I wondered if have a "US" PayPal account a person could link their Thai debit card, which I did several years back with my Bangkok Bank debit card, but I had to get a replacement card a year or so ago which comes with a new number and never tried to relink the replacement card and just deleted the old link. Below is what it says about cards link to a US PayPal account. Different wording for a Thai PayPal account which limit the cards to certain "Thailand/Thai bank issued" cards as shown in Langsuan's post.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ1119&topicID=BANK_ACCOUNTS_AND_CREDIT_CARDS&m=TCI

post-55970-0-44109100-1431315654_thumb.j