Call for serious probe into American teacher stabbing in Trang

webfact

Call for serious probe into teacher stabbing
METHEE MUANGKAEW
THE NATION
TRANG

TRANG: -- THE FRIEND of an American teacher at Prince of Songkla University's Trang Campus, who was stabbed by youngsters last Saturday, has urged police yesterday to seriously investigate the case.

The victim's friend, Maelys Ben Lounas, urged Kantang police investigators to look into the case in which English-language teacher Buck Glen Blankenship, 45, sustained 4-5 stab wounds in the stomach after an argument with youngsters on two motorcycles who cut in front of his motorcycle early Saturday morning.

Saying that the wounded teacher was still in the intensive care unit at Trang Hospital, Lounas said that a prompt investigation into the case by police would boost the confidence of expats in Thailand.

She also offered a US$250 reward to anyone who could give information leading to the arrest of the attackers.

Kantang superintendent Pol Colonel Apichai Krobpetch said police had formed a team to investigate this case. They were checking CCTV camera footage and looking for information to arrest the attackers. They had interviewed witnesses, identified some suspects and reported progress to the supervisors.

The US Embassy will be briefed on the developments. He said police officers were confident they would be able to arrest the attackers soon.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Call-for-serious-probe-into-teacher-stabbing-30260042.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-14

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying that the wounded teacher was still in the intensive care unit at Trang Hospital, Lounas said that a prompt investigation into the case by police would boost the confidence of expats in Thailand.

My thoughts and prayers remain with this poor gentleman, I hope for his swift and comfortable recovery, and I pray that he is able to return to the profession he loves, one day.

I hope that the real attackers are caught, and after a fair trial, they will go to jail for life meaning life. Also that the media will show this to all youngsters as an example of what happens to murderous villains, regardless of age.

They won't be caught and the Thai police probably could give a shit about the crime. But they could have killed him and got away with it.

Enough time here you become grateful to live another day. This is a dangerous place that is more akin to anarchy. People come here so naive (we all did) and should count themselves lucky to leave.

They won't be caught and the Thai police probably could give a shit about the crime. But they could have killed him and got away with it.

Enough time here you become grateful to live another day. This is a dangerous place that is more akin to anarchy. People come here so naive (we all did) and should count themselves lucky to leave.

You speak entirely for yourself. I for one feel much safer living here than I did in London.

You speak entirely for yourself. I for one feel much safer living here than I did in London.

You from London Brewster mate ,

My thoughts and prayers remain with this poor gentleman, I hope for his swift and comfortable recovery, and I pray that he is able to return to the profession he loves, one day.

I hope that the real attackers are caught, and after a fair trial, they will go to jail for life meaning life. Also that the media will show this to all youngsters as an example of what happens to murderous villains, regardless of age.

You're living in a dream world, ain't you, mate ?

These little groups of boys on skinny wheeled motor bikes can be found all over Thailand. They seem to be looking for action, and an altercation with a foreigner would be high on their list of what might make a nice evening. Along with pulling wheelies, racing up and down, taking some unfortunate young girl to a 'bungalow' and so on. Don't be goaded by their stupid racist remarks as you pass by.

The rule number 1 to be safe in Thailand is to do not create ANY kind of confrontation with Thai people, specially the younger ones. I had many bad experiences until learning that. I tough on a Government Elementary School for few months, trying to have students discipline on my class.

The day I did make lose face to an student, was the day I found my motorbike with cut tires. The bike was parked at the front by the patio, and probably every kid saw the action....and supported. But also, I believe that youths are getting out the control in most countries, specially in American countries, when education is not more a priority, and drugs and guns dealing is a very easy business.

I still feeling safer here than in many western countries.

Many kid as of that age are looking for a reputation, Here Farangs are a better target because they have less chance of getting a firm/gang together and going back and kicking the shit out of them. Where as a Thai could well do that. Little annoying tossers and it seems to me the old Bill do not care

If the kids are children of high ranking police, army or local government officials, they will never be caught or charged. Children in this class grow up knowing that they are untouchable, so many of them do turn bad & commit crimes just for the sake of doing them.

Reward offered for tip of attackers of American teacher

Trang:- An American family offered a reward of US$250 for information that leads to arrest of attackers who stabbed the family’s friend, an American teacher at Prince of Songkla University's Trang Campus.
Maelys Ben Lounas, an American expat in Trang, told reporters in fluent Thai that her family was willing to give US$250 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest of attackers that stabbed her family’s friend, Buck Glen Blankenship, 45.
Lounas and her family held a press conference at 3 pm Wednesday, urging reporters to tell the Kantang police station to speed up the probe into the attack against Blankenship.
Lounas said her family wanted the attackers to be arrested soon so that the expats could feel safe living in Thailand.
Blankenship, 45, sustained 4-5 stab wounds in the stomach after an argument with youngsters on two motorcycles who cut in front of his motorcycle early Saturday morning.
The English teacher recounted that he was angry at the four youngsters for cutting in front of him so he hurled a four-letter word at them.
The four later sped their bikes after him and crashed into his bike, causing him to fall down. They assaulted him and stabbed him and fled the scene.
The American teacher was still in the intensive care unit at Trang Hospital.
Kantang police chief Pol Col Apichai Krobphet said police were not dragging feet in the case. He said he formed a special team to be in charge of the case and the team was racing against time to try to locate the attackers.
He said several witnesses have been interrogated and the progress of the investigation has been informed to the US embassy.
tvn.png
-- 2015-05-14

Schedule :

Thai stabs farang (frequently happens )500 BHT fine if ever get arrested.

Farang stabs a thai (happens seldom) over manhunt from police farang gets life in prison..

Message to self, 'refrain from stabbing Thais'

"after an argument with youngsters on two motorcycles who cut in front of his motorcycle early Saturday morning."

Nothing good happens after 9pm, 555.

1. Why was he out in the early morning hours? One guess: Using hard drugs (alcohol).

2. Why was he argueing with Thai people?

One guess: Using hard drugs (alcohol) makes you beligerant.

Not entirely for himself.

"after an argument with youngsters on two motorcycles who cut in front of his motorcycle early Saturday morning."

1. Why was he out in the early morning hours? One guess: Using hard drugs (alcohol).

So what you are saying is, expats should stop drinking beer and return to their ghettos before 9 PM, and leave the streets to the small Thai thugs??

Makes (Thai) sense!!

Not 555

If not attacked I have not need to defend myself, But if attacked Pity the poor fool who tries Because I will defend my life till my death even if other has to lose there's. Never look for trouble if at a possible get away from it but if cornered Then fight like hell. Better to be alive doing time than being worm food.

SiSe you are making a lot of stupid assumptions. It says early Saturday morning. Does it say what time? Could be 7 or 8 am. Why do you assume he was drinking? Report says nothing about that. In your mind stabbing someone after a few words of abuse is justified? I guess in your warped mind Thais can do no wrong.

You are so deluded, I'm lost for words.