Special Branch commander reinstated after being cleared of fatal shooting incident

webfact

Special Branch commander reinstated after being cleared of fatal shooting incident in Nakhon Pathom

5-27-2015-11-09-33-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Royal National Police Office has decided to reinstate Pol Maj-Gen Thaweepong Pongsongnoen as the commander of the 3rd subdivision of the Special Branch police effective after he was cleared of any wrongdoing in connection with the death of one Special Branch police in Nakhon Pathom.

Pol Maj-Gen Thaweepong was temporarily transferred to the operations centre of the RNPO on May 25 pending an investigation into the fatal shooting of one of his subordinates in Nakhon Pathom.

Pol Gen Somyot Pumpunmuang, the national police chief, said on Wednesday that Pol Maj-Gen Thaweepong had clarified in writing the fatal shooting incident and the probe team cleared him of any misdeed and, hence, his reinstatement.

As for the other 21 policemen shuffled to the operations centre pending a probe in connection with the same incident, the police chief said that they would be given a chance tomorrow to make clarifications.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/special-branch-commander-reinstated-after-being-cleared-of-fatal-shooting-incident-in-nakhon-pathom

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-28

Transfered on the 25th and cleared in 2 days or so, we'll that's all good then !

" What do you know about this situation ? "

" Nothing. "

" OK, resume your post. "

He's obviously a good "earner" for those stuck at HQ, maybe he even arrived with some "pastries" for everyone there too ;)

Transfered on the 25th and cleared in 2 days or so, we'll that's all good then !

" What do you know about this situation ? "

" Nothing. "

" OK, resume your post. "

More likely:

"Boss remember the less flattering papers, I have in my safe"

" Don't worry my best mate, I was only joking about the transfer"

As for the other 21 policemen shuffled to the operations centre pending a probe in connection with the same incident, the police chief said that they would be given a chance tomorrow to make clarifications.

So now they're saying the transfers of the 20+ police from Nakhon Pathom were related to the shooting death of one of their fellow officers???

There was ZERO mention of anything about that in the original news reports on the police transfers. And, I don't remember seeing any separate news report on a police officer from NP dying in a shooting.

So now they're saying the transfers of the 20+ police from Nakhon Pathom were related to the shooting death of one of their fellow officers???

There was ZERO mention of anything about that in the original news reports on the police transfers. And, I don't remember seeing any separate news report on a police officer from NP dying in a shooting.

The original report of two days ago stated that Police Chief and 10 officers were transferred. No mention whatsoever of a fatal shooting, only an 'incident at a gambling school' Here is original report.....

http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/nakhon-pathom-police-chief-10-other-officers-transferred/89817/