Yingluck, Surapong could face charges relating to Thaksin passports

Lite Beer

Well done.. and the similarities in this case with Thaksin. I wonder if this guy will roll over in is grave after having you associate him with Thaksin. This guy was called the Mandela of the east.

But he was not a criminal on the run when he got his diplomatic passport like your hero.

But... But... But...

Another one changing the rules of the game as it is being played. I answered your question and that's that.

Yes you answered the question, I should have simplified the questions and set better parameters. I forgot that one cannot assume that the other side has equal intelligence and would come up with a comparable case.

On the other hand.. you might be so indoctrinated that you think the two cases are comparable.

Indoctrinated by whom? If you mean the reds, provide proof in my posts or crawl back under your rock. I don't take kindly to untrue allegations like that.

So you agree the cases are not similar ?

Retract what you said or I am not interested.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't pretend to know the law on this matter at the time of the issue of the passports, what I do see is a lot of petty revenge attacks from a junta that seems to think it is there for the long haul , I remind the Junta that your actions in some quarters could provoke a response at a later date just the same as you are doing now , you (The Junta) keep telling everyone to live in harmony and be happy, but in some quarters you could be regarded as BS artists of major proportions , vendettas are all very well , counter productive ones to the well being of a country in the future , are not coffee1.gif

What you seem to be saying is that reconciliation is ignoring my sides blatant criminality. Good news is, the junta don't want reconciliation at that price.

What I am saying is if you disturb the hornets nest you will get bitten.

So the redshirts that disturbed the army in BKK got bitten it was natural ?

Well done.. and the similarities in this case with Thaksin. I wonder if this guy will roll over in is grave after having you associate him with Thaksin. This guy was called the Mandela of the east.

But he was not a criminal on the run when he got his diplomatic passport like your hero.

But... But... But...

Another one changing the rules of the game as it is being played. I answered your question and that's that.

Yes you answered the question, I should have simplified the questions and set better parameters. I forgot that one cannot assume that the other side has equal intelligence and would come up with a comparable case.

On the other hand.. you might be so indoctrinated that you think the two cases are comparable.

Indoctrinated by whom? If you mean the reds, provide proof in my posts or crawl back under your rock. I don't take kindly to untrue allegations like that.

So you agree the cases are not similar ?

Retract what you said or I am not interested.

I said you MIGHT be indoctrinated if you think the cases are similar. So my question is valid.. do you think the cases are similar ? If not that whole remark of mine is invalid.. if you think the cases are similar its a valid question. Because nobody in their right mind would think so.

What do the laws of Zimbabwe have to do with Thailand? Or any other country. Countries have their own laws, rules and procedures.

As for Thailand, the Ombudsman repeatedly asked Yingluck and her cousin for an explanation on their actions in issuing new passports to their family relation, who is a known fugitive,

They have both ignore the questions. The MOFA actually lied initially until the ministry confirmed the truth. Yingluck asked for more time, then said someone had been transferred so the new person needed more time, an excuse she repeated again followed by silence and ignoring the Ombudsman.

Given the propensity for PTP, Yingluck, Number 1 cousin and Thaksin to lie, break rules, ignore laws they don't like and do whatever they like it's hardly surprising. They just can't or don't want to understand that they can't simply just do as they please.

While in office they could prevent any investigations and actions against themselves. Now they can't and misdeeds are coming home to roost. Of course those with simple minds want to pretend it's a witch hunt rather than accept the reality of how Thaksin's government and lackeys really behave.

Nothing but a witch-hunt!!

And the NACC are politically neutral.................cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

They have had 4 years to indict them, and sure it is a pure coincidence it is happening now??

Sure Yingluck and Surapong should face the music, but this stinks !!

Well in 3 of those years, it just wasn't going to happen for bloody obvious reasons. Even a clear cut case of perjury saw Tarit squirming to change the definition of perjury.

As for the last 12 months, it seems there were bigger crimes to investigate. The good news is that this one is a slam dunk, hopefully with the emphasis on the slammer.

Looks like they are finally burring the Shins too bad YL had to get caught up in it. But then again dear brother is responsible.

No country in the world would give a convicted criminal a passport. One that tried to bribe judges among other things. That shows a total lack of respect for the law. Then it got hand delivered to him by Surapong that is not normal procedure and I hope Surapong does time for it.

As for JOC.. how to indict with the PTP in power.. with a Tarit that lied and others.. no way now they can do it because judges don't have to fear for their lives (red rabble is under control for the time being) So now justice can be done.

Well YL, while she is silly she know what she did. She has just a lovely face, so many men feel sorry for her. Check the details of this family there is not one clean person. I can't understand how a complete family can be so moral rotten down.

Robblok - In answer to your question of whether there are similarities in the Thaksin and Kim Dae Jung cases, the answer is yes, however that had not crossed my mind when I posted as it was just an immediate answer that popped into my head. Do I expect you to believe that? Probably not, but it happens to be the truth.

I also mentioned Bob Mugabe and Erich Honecker later on in the thread, so Kim Dae Jung is not the only one.

Robblok - In answer to your question of whether there are similarities in the Thaksin and Kim Dae Jung cases, the answer is yes, however that had not crossed my mind when I posted as it was just an immediate answer that popped into my head. Do I expect you to believe that? Probably not, but it happens to be the truth.

I also mentioned Bob Mugabe and Erich Honecker later on in the thread, so Kim Dae Jung is not the only one.

Sounds fair enough, but I certainly would not compare Thaksin with someone who is the called the Mandela of the east nor would I put him in the same category as Mugabe (the other extreme)

As I said I should have phrased the question differently, but I assumed people would look for similar cases not cases that did not have similarities.

Thing is a DIPLOMATIC passport is a different beast as a normal passport. It is given to people who have done good deeds for a country and who represent a country. Seems only logical that a convicted criminal someone who bribed judges is not entitled to one.

In Canada convicted criminals do get passports. A passport is every persons right, criminal record or not, even with a criminal record for making false passports, a new real passport is issued. I am talking from experience. I did not hear this from a friend.

Well, I'm not Canadian, and I most certainly am not questioning your vaunted "experience", but I doubt escaped convicts and fugutives get them, OR are considered to have a right to them. But hey, after Mr. T. has duly served his sentence, please feel free to drop one of these pearls on us here again!

Edited by hawker9000

V is for vendetta, vicious vitriol and violence.

Thaksin provides a nice side story while bigger issues are neglected. You know, stuff like the economy, the airline sector, the southern insurgency, the out of control corruption in Phuket and Surat Thani, and the deteriorating foreign affairs climate with the risk of sanctions increasing every day.

Sure, have fun chasing the bogeyman who was once used as a rallying target for cup supporters. Now, no one except the most vindictive and petty are obsessed with Thaksin. This is because they have nothing else. They have failed to deliver on their promises of ending corruption and of "fixing" things. Nothing has really improved in Thailand since the military took over.

Just your biased opinion.

Don't agree on most of your points.

"Failed to deliver on their promises of ending corruption". What a silly statement, there is quite some progress and nobody in their right mind would expect corruption will end in Thailand quickly. It will take years.

Perhaps you'd like to share details of any progress yingluck made on corruption except for a couple of organized photo ops with no follow up.

They have had 4 years to indict them, and sure it is a pure coincidence it is happening now??

You sure do make some silly comments. Yingluck wasn't going to indict herself when she was in power. It's not a witch hunt but a catch up on all the criminal behaviour that has occured while Thaksin and his cronies were in Government.

I don't pretend to know the law on this matter at the time of the issue of the passports, what I do see is a lot of petty revenge attacks from a junta that seems to think it is there for the long haul , I remind the Junta that your actions in some quarters could provoke a response at a later date just the same as you are doing now , you (The Junta) keep telling everyone to live in harmony and be happy, but in some quarters you could be regarded as BS artists of major proportions , vendettas are all very well , counter productive ones to the well being of a country in the future , are not coffee1.gif

Another silly remark.....it is not a vendetta when wrongs are being righted. If you believe Thaksins passport should have been returned then I feel soory for you as you are seriously lacking the brain cells to make a balanced decision on the matter.

How can you issue passports to a convicted person? And a diplomatic one too! For your edification a witch-hunt is where someone makes up a false accusation. Remember the way Thaksin made it into exile was because a pro-Thaksin government allowed him to go to the Beijing Olympics even though he had been convicted. He is a convict who fled the law. And he is rewarded w passports?

Sorry, I know your mind is made up despite the facts. Am not trying to convince you, just stating the facts

How can you issue passports to a convicted person? And a diplomatic one too! For your edification a witch-hunt is where someone makes up a false accusation. Remember the way Thaksin made it into exile was because a pro-Thaksin government allowed him to go to the Beijing Olympics even though he had been convicted. He is a convict who fled the law. And he is rewarded w passports?

Sorry, I know your mind is made up despite the facts. Am not trying to convince you, just stating the facts

Well, let's state the correct facts.

Thaksin was not convicted yet when he asked and was granted bail and permission to go watch the Olympic Games in Beijing. The permission was granted and conditions stated by the Criminal Court in which his case was progressing. Thaksin jumped bail, but the case had progressed past the point where continuation was legal and even had his legal team still present. It was only in October 2010, months after the Games had concluded) that the Court came to a verdict and sentencing.

Google for more details about the snake show in LOS. There is surprisingly lots of information available overseas.

It is a power struggle between ...... and ...... and the people from .......and ........ all unmentionable namessmile.png . Thanks to the law.

What more can we add?

Well, let's state the correct facts.

Thaksin was not convicted yet when he asked and was granted bail and permission to go watch the Olympic Games in Beijing. The permission was granted and conditions stated by the Criminal Court in which his case was progressing. Thaksin jumped bail, but the case had progressed past the point where continuation was legal and even had his legal team still present. It was only in October 2010, months after the Games had concluded) that the Court came to a verdict and sentencing.

Of course that should have read "It was only in October 2008"

Silly mistake, excuses,

uncle rubl

In Canada convicted criminals do get passports. A passport is every persons right, criminal record or not, even with a criminal record for making false passports, a new real passport is issued. I am talking from experience. I did not hear this from a friend.

Well, I'm not Canadian, and I most certainly am not questioning your vaunted "experience", but I doubt escaped convicts and fugutives get them, OR are considered to have a right to them. But hey, after Mr. T. has duly served his sentence, please feel free to drop one of these pearls on us here again!

Colaba, can you tell use how the Canadian authorities actually hand over the on-the-run fugitive's passport to him? I mean, if he is a fugitive from justice that means the authorities can not find him. If/when they do find the convicted fugitive on the run my guess is they would arrest and detain him rather than issuing him with travel documents and sending him on his merry way, hey?

Similarly when FM Surapong encountered the fleeing fugitive Thaksin, I would have expected an arrest to be made and arrangements for repatriation taking place. He didn't, now he must answer for his behavior.