Forget Thaksin, there are more important issues to deal with

webfact

Abhisit's cub scout badges cheesy.gifclap2.gif

But seriously, isn't it obvious the Privy Council was one of the main driving forces behind the coup? Has anyone even denied it? How is that even remotely offensive to anyone (besides people with common sense, of course)? Do they expect people to seriously believe that Prayuth just decided to do it all on his own, spur of the moment? gigglem.gif

Prayut wasn't involved in the 2006 coup so what are you talking about?

Wrong.

Wrong indeed. Coup is the wrong word for removing someone illegally occupying a role of caretaker PM on no authority but their own.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"What the country needs is for everyone to move away from Thaksin and not look back."

The economy is the worst performing in SE Asia, the draft charter is an undemocratic travesty, the election date keeps receding, and plans to extend the Prayuth Progaganda Program by 15 minutes don't seem to impress anyone. Better call out the boogeyman as a distraction.

Hey Bruce - why don't you check the facts before spouting your lies

http://www.oecd.org/dev/asia-pacific/Supplement%20Outlook%20Asia%202015.pdf

OECD have real figures that show Singapore and Brunei performing worse than Thailand

Now now Gunna. You know the Shin boys hate facts. That's just the inconsiderate truths to them.

Give them a few more months and they'll be claiming the rice scam was a wonderful success that enriched the poor farmers lives ........... whoops, Yingluck did that already wink.png

Just out of curiosity, was anyone from the present regime invited to the Asian Leadership Conference in Seoul?

Just out of curiosity.

Did anybody read yesterday that Putin has 400 paid trolls

sitting in a big house shoulder to shoulder at their computers

and having to produce 160 posts each every shift?

Yes, amazing statistics when you think of it.

I wonder how many are working for the Shin Foundation and how many of them we read on this site ? whistling.gif

it may come as a surprise to the less open minded here but not everyone who disagrees with you is a troll.

And if the moderators take down this post, which I expect they will,then I trust they will take down the other two on this thread, #29 and #41 which accuse me of being a troll!

said the :

One eyed red flavoured troll!

(love the fact that you "owned" the name...)

biggrin.png

The military and its elitist clients can no more forget about Thaksin than they can about any limitations placed on their own sovereignty over the Thai people. Thaksin is a reminder to the pluralists that they have a right to their own sovereignty whose basis lies in human dignity, rights, equality, and liberty of the people and not in the elitist sovereignty whose basis lies in morality, faith, loyalty and culture.

Thaksin's professes an ideology that the Thai people's sovereignty is supreme and subservient to the "extra constitutionality" of nonpluralistic groups like the military. Under Thaksin's ideology the royalists, military, and elitists lose power that allows a minority to dictate the rule of law and deprive the majority of any political voice. And with that power comes unrestrained and unaccountable wealth at the expense of the majority.

The coup was not motivated by violence, corruption, or political conflict. It was motivated by an impending loss of the elitist power. The election of Thaksin and Yingluck showed that when people are given a level political playing field, they will hold the reins of sovereignty. Thaksin's comments regarding the coup's connection with the Prem Council was likely an example of how he felt that elitists directed their extra constitutional power.

So there is much more than forgetting Thaksin. It's about the obliteration of the idea of a pluralistic sovereignty and the sustainability of a feudal sovereignty. The Thai people will decide what they should remember and forget.

Did you miss your meds again?

Thaksin's "ideology" is me me me me me me and family. Nothing else. The crap he spouts is just the PR he needs to con people to vote or misdirect them when they get to close to the truth,

No modern person supports a feudal hierarchical system based on patronage, wealth, connection and nepotism. But to see Thaksin as some kind of great democratic savior - come on get real. He's an opportunistic immoral unethical sociopath who has made himself and his family very very rich by exploiting those worse off.

"What the country needs is for everyone to move away from Thaksin and not look back."

The economy is the worst performing in SE Asia, the draft charter is an undemocratic travesty, the election date keeps receding, and plans to extend the Prayuth Progaganda Program by 15 minutes don't seem to impress anyone. Better call out the boogeyman as a distraction.

OECD have real figures that show Singapore and Brunei performing worse than Thailand

Quite right, I should have posted "among the worst performing in SE Asia". Thailand's economy edged out a city-state that has had erratic year-to-year growth rates but strong average growth of late http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.MKTP.KD.ZG and it's doing much better than a tiny oil and natural gas dependent economy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Brunei. It is clearly the worst performing economy of any SE Asia country remotely similar to Thailand.

Now now Gunna. You know the Shin boys hate facts. That's just the inconsiderate truths to them.

Give them a few more months and they'll be claiming the rice scam was a wonderful success that enriched the poor farmers lives ........... whoops, Yingluck did that already wink.png

Do you think calling everyone who disagrees with you a Shin boy is factual?

And yet the baht keeps climbing strange

That depends on the currency you measure it against.

Well very little that you write has any basis in fact, often untruthful and highly misleading.

Well very little that you write has any basis in fact, often untruthful and highly misleading.

you really must be kidding.

In the last 9 months on this forum I haven't seen anyone who documents his posts more nor who sticks (really) to the facts like heybruce.

OK, you're not kidding, ... you're just a joke. whistling.gif

If we forget our past we are doomed to repeat it!! He needs to be dealt with at long last.

It would be nice to see this sociopath finally get what is coming to him. He has caused too much death and sorrow to be allowed to run free. He deserves to be charged with crimes against humanity for his extra-judicial killings of thousands during his war and drugs....plus plus plus.

Agreed! but first the ordinary citizens must see the light and understand they will never be rich as Thaksin promised them in six months! and believing his lies will only prolong the agony and suffering!

They never pass on a chance to be petty.

Only the junta is petty. When Thaksin tried to take away Abhisits cub scouts achievement badges, and retroactively fired him from his scout brigade after 40 years, that was not petty at all.

Some might say that trotting this titbit out is a little bit petty but never mind!

It certainly scrapes the barrel as far as arguments for government action against the Shinawatra family goes:)

Lying about concealing your assets in court - petty

Changing the law with due process so you can sell your business and avoid all tax - petty

Allegedly ordering a shoot without trial policy in his war on drugs - petty

Illegally occupying the post of caretaker PM on no authority but his own - petty

Signing documents so his wife could buy government land and make a few bob, even though he knew it was illegal - petty

Trying to bribe the judges in the trial for his illegal act - petty

Jumping bail - petty

Appearing in video calls to incited the 2010 insurgents - petty

Trying to force his proxy government to trick an amnesty bill into law to whitewash all his crimes, past future and present - petty

The 15 serious outstanding criminal charges waiting in the courts for his unlikely return - petty

Guess in your mind that makes him only a petty criminal then?

I started reading your post and had to check who it was that was posting,I realised the Satire about half way into line two,unfortunately there are so many reds on TV that would think your post was in praise of Thaksin,and it will take many years before reality dawns,so let us continue with a Junta at least the bloodshed has stopped!

Well what good does it do to let a rogue criminal on the run continue running his mouth, goading Thais into talking about him then.

Thaksin is a truly rotten individual by any students, I personally believe that destroying his credibility and his platforms to run the country by proxy again as a good thing. Mistakes have been made and lessons should be learned from that, the lesson being "never let it happen again in the future"

"Until Thaksin, no Thai prime minister had served out his allocated term. Thaksin won, and then won again with an increased majority, and after he was deposed in a coup, his supporters won too, and went on winning.

The horrified loathing that he excited in the minority was partly political, the response of an established ruling class that found itself abruptly and indefinitely locked out of power."(quoted from theAsia editor of the Times.)

http://www.irrawaddy.org/asia/ex-pm-thaksin-saintly-figure-rural-thailand.html

Ex-PM Thaksin a Saintly Figure in Rural Thailand

I was down in Surin last year when they just finished their harvest and the farmers were all complaining about the low prices they received for their rice crop, they put the blame on the PTP and the rice scheme fiasco.

They also told me that the rice scheme was never going to affect the truly poor farmers because they only grow enough for their own use and would not be able to sell any rice to the buyers.

Well what good does it do to let a rogue criminal on the run continue running his mouth, goading Thais into talking about him then.

Thaksin is a truly rotten individual by any students, I personally believe that destroying his credibility and his platforms to run the country by proxy again as a good thing. Mistakes have been made and lessons should be learned from that, the lesson being "never let it happen again in the future"

"Until Thaksin, no Thai prime minister had served out his allocated term. Thaksin won, and then won again with an increased majority, and after he was deposed in a coup, his supporters won too, and went on winning.

The horrified loathing that he excited in the minority was partly political, the response of an established ruling class that found itself abruptly and indefinitely locked out of power."(quoted from theAsia editor of the Times.)

http://www.irrawaddy.org/asia/ex-pm-thaksin-saintly-figure-rural-thailand.html

Ex-PM Thaksin a Saintly Figure in Rural Thailand

Wow, that article came straight out of the Shinawatra propaganda factory !

An interesting snippet from the article -

..............."Like her neighbors, she can quickly list programs that have benefited her: the guaranteed price for rice"..........................

This story was written in December 2013, I wonder what this lady thinks now about the "guaranteed price for rice". whistling.gif

heybruce - What about commenting on the claim you made about Thailand being the worst performing economy in SE Asia and the link gunna posted refuting that claim ?

heybruce - What about commenting on the claim you made about Thailand being the worst performing economy in SE Asia and the link gunna posted refuting that claim ?

You are posting a snarky reply to my post #66. You didn't read post #65, in which I posted:

"Quite right, I should have posted "among the worst performing in SE Asia". Thailand's economy edged out a city-state that has had erratic year-to-year growth rates but strong average growth of late http://data.worldban....GDP.MKTP.KD.ZG and it's doing much better than a tiny oil and natural gas dependent economy http://en.wikipedia....onomy_of_Brunei. It is clearly the worst performing economy of any SE Asia country remotely similar to Thailand."

Can you give examples of posts I've made that don't have any basis in fact?

If not, people will conclude that you are one of those people who post lies and libel with no regard to the truth.

You are posting a snarky reply to my post #66. You didn't read post #65, in which I posted:

"Quite right, I should have posted "among the worst performing in SE Asia". Thailand's economy edged out a city-state that has had erratic year-to-year growth rates but strong average growth of late http://data.worldban....GDP.MKTP.KD.ZG and it's doing much better than a tiny oil and natural gas dependent economy http://en.wikipedia....onomy_of_Brunei. It is clearly the worst performing economy of any SE Asia country remotely similar to Thailand."

You are quite right, I did not read your comment #65.

But it was not a "snarky" reply, I don't do snarky, only sarcastic. thumbsup.gif