BKK Airport Apologizes for Searching Muslim Cleric's Turban

Lite Beer

Instead of cowing down like a bunch of spineless <deleted>, they should have informed this guy and his assistant everyone has to follow the same security procedures barring none.

Read the post, please. The cleric had no problem with the airport staff doing their duty and did not object to being searched, which makes your post nonsensical.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard of anyone hiding an explosive under a turban. Plus if I wanted to hijack a plane I'd get dressed up as a jew or something, being muslim attracts too much unwarranted attention.

It's been done. Usually they prefer suicide vests. They have also used developmentally challenged kids, people wearing casts, allegedly pregnant women, men posing as women wearing a burka. The examples I have given are all based upon bombers who have attacked mosques and markets in Iraq and Pakistan. When it comes to attacks on western targets we have seen, underwear bombs, shoe bombs, bombs concealed in portable electronics, bombs in children's toys, bombs sewn into people's guts, and poisonous substances placed in clothing.

What exactly does getting dressed up as a jew entail? None of the jews I know has a jew uniform, Do you mean a holy roller? If so, they get searched just like everyone else and they don't complain. In fact, despite the very intrusive searches of some religious people such as Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists, members of the Christian clergy and, ultra orthodox jews, they never complain. Only muslims seem to complain.

He did not complain and made it clear that he does not condone anybody (social media) complaining on his behalf.

I demand an apology for being required to take off my belt and shoues and to lift my shirt up in public exposing bare skin and being touched.

This guy was not even touched, if he was walking he would have also had it run past his head, as it does to EVERYONE else.

Is the guy who is breaking the law by taking pics n there going to be charged with a criminal offence, there are no photo signs everywhere in there.

So the airpost has now said that Muslims are search exempted in BKK.

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

I demand an apology for being required to take off my belt and shoues and to lift my shirt up in public exposing bare skin and being touched.

This guy was not even touched, if he was walking he would have also had it run past his head, as it does to EVERYONE else.

Is the guy who is breaking the law by taking pics n there going to be charged with a criminal offence, there are no photo signs everywhere in there.

He didn't ask for an exemption.

He didn't complain.

He did in fact say he understood that the security people had to do their job.

So why the big apology with a gift etc then, explain that action ??

Why the claimed outrage then ??? Why are people all so upset ?

Why is a routine metal dector sweep even news then?

14335089561433509633l.jpg

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

So why the big apology with a gift etc then, explain that action ??

Why the claimed outrage then ??? Why are people all so upset ?

Why is a routine metal dector sweep even news then?

14335089561433509633l.jpg

The airport was reacting to social media netizen BS. i.e. they were acting on advice from their PR people.

The whole thing [netizen "outrage"} had nothing to do with the man at the centre of the story {well, ok, apart from the fact it was about him}.

He made that clear in the OP.

Edited by Bluespunk

Taking off your turban in a place where the opposite sex can see you is against the Quran.

She should of been searched in a private room by a female officer.

if air travelling procedures are against the qran - let them take the bus

I've never heard of anyone hiding an explosive under a turban. Plus if I wanted to hijack a plane I'd get dressed up as a jew or something, being muslim attracts too much unwarranted attention.

Well there are a lot of bomb heads around. Lets face it you could hide almost anything under one. Gun- explosives - drugs- whisky-cigars. last nights washing up.

This is not supposed to be insulting but fact.

One of the few things you wouldn't find under a turban is a bacon sandwich.

However, given the hypocritical nature of the ones who are making the complaints (not the cleric himself I should add) I may need to rethink that one.

Apologise? Why? They have no problem whatsoever taking my stuff to bits. Why should the religious have any kind of immunity from this kind of treatment?

Religious people be they Christian / Muslim / Jew / Buddhist / Hindu always think they are special and all believe their god is right and they all love to clamp down on others rights.

Religion truly one of the most destructive forces there is. Put too many of any religion in a place and they will for the others who are not of their religion to follow their rules. Stupid Christians in Holland against the former drug policies, Buddhists in Thailand forcing everyone not to drink on their religious days. Muslims chopping off heads if you don't believe as they do.

When will those religious people learn that there should not be any force in religion.. guess never.

Buddhist in Thailand never forced anyone not to drink, they do no sell on religious days, yeees ! But its totally different.

So, sorry but the sentence "forcing anyone not to drink" is simply ridiculous tongue.png

They are forbidding the sale of alcohol even to those who are not Buddist.. they are imposing their beliefs on others just like all the other religions do. Religions should only force their rules upon their believers.. and even that is a stretch.. let their god (yes I know Buddists dont have a god but they got reincarnation to punish you for bad deeds) do the punishing not men.

Taking off your turban in a place where the opposite sex can see you is against the Quran.

Have you actually read the OP correctly?

Do you really know who Aziz Phitakkumpon, Sheikhul Islam of Thailand actually is?

A little clue and information link for you.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=338739269637372&story_fbid=405953436249288

It is the person sitting in the wheelchair wearing a turban.

Edited by billd766

Apologise? Why? They have no problem whatsoever taking my stuff to bits. Why should the religious have any kind of immunity from this kind of treatment?

Religious people be they Christian / Muslim / Jew / Buddhist / Hindu always think they are special and all believe their god is right and they all love to clamp down on others rights.

Religion truly one of the most destructive forces there is. Put too many of any religion in a place and they will for the others who are not of their religion to follow their rules. Stupid Christians in Holland against the former drug policies, Buddhists in Thailand forcing everyone not to drink on their religious days. Muslims chopping off heads if you don't believe as they do.

When will those religious people learn that there should not be any force in religion.. guess never.

Buddhist in Thailand never forced anyone not to drink, they do no sell on religious days, yeees ! But its totally different.

So, sorry but the sentence "forcing anyone not to drink" is simply ridiculous tongue.png

They are forbidding the sale of alcohol even to those who are not Buddist.. they are imposing their beliefs on others just like all the other religions do. Religions should only force their rules upon their believers.. and even that is a stretch.. let their god (yes I know Buddists dont have a god but they got reincarnation to punish you for bad deeds) do the punishing not men.

However those with even the smallest modicum of intelligence buy alcohol the day before and have no problem. In addition most Mom and Pop will sell it on the days in question. The government are the people who make the laws in most countries and most people get around the laws quite easily if they wish to.

Reading the headline, I thought the latex got snapped.

Good on airport security for doing their jobs, good on the cleric for taking it in stride, and good on the AOT folks who apologized for the sake of maintaining peace and order.

Better to apologize when you don't really need to, than not apologize when one is called for.

Edited by impulse

Facts:

The head dress was never touched or removed

The subject is OK and not offended in anyway

A person should be faicng criminal action due to taking photos in an area they are banned, (but nothng will happen as the BKK airport are scared of ?????? netazins who or what ever planet they are from.

Why is the airport appologizing and for what ? Why for What ??????

However those with even the smallest modicum of intelligence buy alcohol the day before and have no problem. In addition most Mom and Pop will sell it on the days in question. The government are the people who make the laws in most countries and most people get around the laws quite easily if they wish to.

I rarely drink, so it does not really concern me.. but its the stupidity of it all. If you follow a religion (can't imagine why intelligent people do so) then follow the rules no need for a government to enforce them. They are rules to live by set by your religion and punishment should come from (an imaginary god) or in this case the threat of getting reincarnated into something bad.

Instead of cowing down like a bunch of spineless <deleted>, they should have informed this guy and his assistant everyone has to follow the same security procedures barring none.

Read the post, please. The cleric had no problem with the airport staff doing their duty and did not object to being searched, which makes your post nonsensical.

Does this one meet your criteria?

Instead of cowing down like a bunch of spineless <deleted>, they should have informed the assistant everyone has to follow the same security procedures barring none.

I'm guessing the man at the centre of this story agrees with you as he said he had no problem with being scanned.

"Speaking to Nitinai and reporters, Aziz said he was not angry and understood that the staff had to perform their duty."

"...However, Prasan Sricharoen, an assistant to Aziz, told reporters that he personally felt offended by the incident."

So please do not tell us that Muslims are not easily offended, it is their very first characteristic.

Maybe Prason Srichoroen is just one of those people very easily offended - you find these types everywhere and being a Muslim just provides him with a vehicle so he can be offended and a vocabulary to express his frequent offense. These days, if you aren't mortally offended by something or someone for some reason at least 4 times per day you just aren't keeping up.

if air travelling procedures are against the qran - let them take the bus

Doesn't mean it hasn't happened. The old urban story about people having bombs inside them came true in Saudi Arabia a few years ago.

Might be a good idea for the posters in this topic to look up the title of Shaykh al-Islām.

The office holder of Shaykh al-Islām in Thailand is appointed by HM on the advise of the PM.

Although the office holder has not raised a complaint, posters can now understand why an executive visited him to apologise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaykh_al-Isl%C4%81m#Thailand

Would be wise not to insult the office or the person in the OP.

Edited by simple1

Might be a good idea for the posters in this topic to look up the title of Shaykh al-Islām.

The office holder of Shaykh al-Islām in Thailand is appointed by HM on the advise of the PM.

Although the office holder has not raised a complaint, posters can now understand why an executive visited him to apologise.

It would have been a good idea for the Shaykh al-Islām to explain to his assistant that the security personnel were just doing their job and he was not offended and instructed the assistant to keep his mouth shut.

At least he didn't slap the security guy in the face like that Thai airport exec that walked through the metal detector and got called out by the diligent security guard. What ever happened to that Thai airport guy that i the slapping? Was he stripped of his position and terminated? What ever happened to that break down in Thai security at the airport? This is the same Thai airport that was rendered closed by a Thai yellow shirt mob. The Thai militray stood aside for this airport shutdown and breach of international security.

As usual you are drifting off topic again. You have a similar attention span that my son has, and he will be 2 in September. whistling.gif

Of course he is high up in the food chain.. that is why an apology came. Had you expected anything different. Only when people can make waves here is an apology forthcoming. Actually similar to what happens in most countries.

I have nothing against the guy or what he stands for.. its called freedom of beliefs but that should not exclude him from checks. He realizes this himself as he made no trouble over it. Only his followers.

Posts removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

All travelers should be treated the same and it seems rather pathetic of him to whine about having a detector pointed at his head while in a chair. If not for his fellow Muslims getting onto planes to kill thousands this would not be necessary anyway. He's just another one saying 'don't you know who I am', it really should not matter.

All travelers should be treated the same and it seems rather pathetic of him to whine about having a detector pointed at his head while in a chair. If not for his fellow Muslims getting onto planes to kill thousands this would not be necessary anyway. He's just another one saying 'don't you know who I am', it really should not matter.

If you read the OP you will see he didn't complain. Just the opposite, he said he understood that the security people had to do their duty.

He never complained or had anything to do with the BS netizen social media crud.

You should "of" learned to read properly.

"So the airpost has now said that Muslims are search exempted in BKK."

Where did you get that gem from? It certainly wasn't in the OP or the link.

And the man who was "not even touched" made it very clear that he was not making an issue out of this, it was his belligerent assistant who wasn't involved initially trying to stick the boot in.

Tell to the next time when a terrorist will be seated in a wheel chair and wearing a turban

laden with explosives.... I wonder who's going to do the apologizing than...

this world has gone mad, this social media crap has made people think that they can

comments on anything and stick their long noses into any thing they perceived as wrong

or that they don't like... how would they feel if they were blown up with a bomb hidden

in some holier that thou clergy?....