District Officials confirm ban on the sale and use of Shisha in Pattaya

Lite Beer

District Officials confirm ban on the sale and use of Shisha in Pattaya

shisha-11.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Friday Night a letter was circulated amongst bar owners in Pattaya from the Banglamung District Licensing Unit which confirms an immediate ban on the sale and use of Shisha in entertainment venues.

The Letter, marked “Urgent”, was dated 29th May but was only distributed on Friday and stated that Banglamung District Officials will now be enforcing the ban on the sale and use of Shisha.

The letter states that any bar owner caught selling Shisha can receive a prison term of up to 5 years and/or a fine of up to 500,000 Baht and any bar owner deemed responsible for a death or other serious incident related to the sale and use of Shisha in their establishment can receive a prison term of up to 10 years and/or a fine of up to 1 Million Baht.

Read More: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/199423/district-officials-confirm-ban-on-the-sale-and-use-of-shisha-in-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-06-06

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We only can hope and pray that it comes true.

Why? People smoking Shissha don't disturb anyone or cause any trouble.

Most likely because it is starting to take a bite out of Big Tobacco's profits. The tobacco monopoly has a lot of pull in Thailand.

As far as I am concerned it is a good move anyway. All the streets of S. Pattaya are line with Arabs sitting around smoking this crap, and many

young Thais are starting to get addicted to it.

I have also found that they are smoking it inside many Go-Go Bars now as well. Stinks up the whole place & makes it almost impossible to breath. I, as a customer can just walk out, but I feel sorry for all the staff that have to breathe that crap for 8 or 9 hours a day, in an enclosed building.

Come to think of it, maybe they can reduce the number of Arabs sitting around scheming & scamming every day while they are at it.

Best do do something now before it is too late.

Poor Pattaya

Most likely because it is starting to take a bite out of Big Tobacco's profits. The tobacco monopoly has a lot of pull in Thailand.

As far as I am concerned it is a good move anyway. All the streets of S. Pattaya are line with Arabs sitting around smoking this crap, and many

I have also found that they are smoking it inside many Go-Go Bars now as well. Stinks up the whole place & makes it almost impossible to breath. I, as a customer can just walk out, but I feel sorry for all the staff that have to breathe that crap for 8 or 9 hours a day, in an enclosed building.

Come to think of it, maybe they can reduce the number of Arabs sitting around scheming & scamming every day while they are at it.

Poor Pattaya

Do I detect a touch of racism herecoffee1.gif

I think there should certainly be a venue for this. Would prefer to sit on a patio and enjoy some shisha than binge drink for hours or worse, settle up and go home.

A little shisha, a few cold ones. A good night out. Try to do it discretely as not to affect the non-smoking.

Do that frequently in Saigon now. Not so much anymore here in Thailand.

Poor Pattaya

"A touch"

post-145190-0-89455900-1433584308_thumb.

believe it when I see it or rather don't see it

Ibar stopped selling for days now. All staff also gone.

Ibar is one of the busiest bars in Pattaya , were making huge money selling shisha

Edited by konying

Poor Pattaya

Only if you belong to the PC crowd.

ATF Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a Convenience Store, not a Government Agency.

alocacoc.......trust me you should just stay home where you are safe from the evils of shisha.....stay home where you can maintain a pure existence. I for one dont want to read about anyone having there thumbs sprained from over calling the authorities related to the devils own...shisha....

Smoking is banned in bars. Is that hard to understand. A lot turn a blind eye, but it was banned in 2010 or something like that.

Exactly, so why is nothing done to enforce that law? Guess the BIB are turning the blind eye, with their back pockets open of course. Almost every bar I go in, even enclosed ones, have ashtrays on all the tables and many of them have signs on the wall saying NO SMOKING 2000 Baht fine.

So annoying for all us non-smokers.

As has been said earlier, let's wait and see if this new ban regarding the Shisha will ever take effect.

alocacoc.......trust me you should just stay home where you are safe from the evils of shisha.....stay home where you can maintain a pure existence. I for one dont want to read about anyone having there thumbs sprained from over calling the authorities related to the devils own...shisha....

I guess you didn't understand the OP. It wasn't me who plan to introduce this regulation. I even don't have the power. Read it again.

If you dont like shisha you can change seats or change bars is it really that big of a deal.

How often have you non-smokers gotten shisha smoke in your face?

I bet between never and almost never..

Smoking is banned in bars. Is that hard to understand. A lot turn a blind eye, but it was banned in 2010 or something like that.

Exactly, so why is nothing done to enforce that law? Guess the BIB are turning the blind eye, with their back pockets open of course. Almost every bar I go in, even enclosed ones, have ashtrays on all the tables and many of them have signs on the wall saying NO SMOKING 2000 Baht fine.

So annoying for all us non-smokers.

As has been said earlier, let's wait and see if this new ban regarding the Shisha will ever take effect.

Go to Thong Lor/Ekamai. I see Shishe smoked in the pubs there. It doesn't worry me much as the service and food in those places are crap.

I did, however go to a nice Italian restaurant but to my surprise the place was full of smokers.

That put me off and I will never return.

I complained but was told that the restaurant wss owned by a Thong Lor cop.

Why go to Pattaya for fun? Anything goes on Thong Lor.

Edited by petedk

Poor Pattaya

Some use the shisha controversy as a springboard for bigotry, stereotyping and hate. Pattaya is not as poor as those that share their venomous and acidic rhetoric.