Conversation with Hillary Clinton costs US$2,700

webfact

Conversation with Clinton costs $2,700

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Four, five, even six times per week, Hillary Clinton meets deep-pocketed supporters eager to shake hands with the celebrity Democrat - all-but-obligatory encounters helping her amass the war chest needed to win the White House.

Qualifying guests are invited to hold what is described as a "conversation with Hillary," at a cost of $2,700 - the legal limit set by the Federal Election Commission (FEC) on donations to candidates in the 2016 presidential primary cycle.

Once the primaries are decided, a supporter can contribute a fresh $2,700 maximum to a candidate in the presidential election.

Clinton, a former secretary of state and the prohibitive favorite for the Democratic nomination, has participated in some 40 fundraising receptions since launching her campaign in April, according to the Sunlight Foundation, a non-partisan Washington organisation that studies campaign financing.

By any measure it is an intense schedule to follow from now until Election Day 17 months away, and more rigorous than the smattering of public events she has held as a candidate.

Clinton, 67, holds her first major campaign rally Saturday in New York, one expected to draw thousands of voters.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Conversation-with-Clinton-costs-$2700-30262187.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-12

Fundraising for politicians in the US electoral system. The thin edge of the wedge leading to

corruption. A system badly in need of reform. From super pacs to special interest lobby groups,

get rid of them all. coffee1.gif

Would you bother!!!!.....wonder how much "Billie Bob" pays to "buck her up in the morning"?????

Congratulations. You had nothing to say, and you said it.

Regards, Wordgoerdie

Yep....and at least, it was free!!

Less than $3,000 as a campaign contribution to talk directly to quite possibly the next and first woman POTUS is cheap.

In a country where the minimum wage is upwards to $15 per hour it is affordable to most average Americans.

i wouldn't talk to her if you paid me $2,700 - but then again, I'm English and don't like or trust any politicians.

Well not trusting any politicians shows that you are able to learn from bad experiences.

I would speak with her for 2700...They take money from everyone without shame.....I can learn from that.

Would you bother!!!!.....wonder how much "Billie Bob" pays to "buck her up in the morning"?????

Congratulations. You had nothing to say, and you said it.

Regards, Wordgoerdie

Yep....and at least, it was free!!

How much to shut you up?

Regards, Wordgoerdie

Haha...Priceless!!

The money spent on the race for president of the United States is wildly out of control. Money--not necessarily votes--will determine the next president.

It's estimated that something in the neighborhood of 5 BILLION dollars will be spent to get the president elected in 2016. Figures from the last presidential election in 2012 set total campaigning expenses at US$2,600,000,000! Like it or not, that's the way it is, and it doesn't matter which party you like or don't like, money will be raised and spent.

The money spent on the race for president of the United States is wildly out of control. Money--not necessarily votes--will determine the next president.

It's estimated that something in the neighborhood of 5 BILLION dollars will be spent to get the president elected in 2016. Figures from the last presidential election in 2012 set total campaigning expenses at US$2,600,000,000! Like it or not, that's the way it is, and it doesn't matter which party you like or don't like, money will be raised and spent.

Just think... Monica did it for free.

Fundraising for politicians in the US electoral system. The thin edge of the wedge leading to

corruption. A system badly in need of reform. From super pacs to special interest lobby groups,

get rid of them all. coffee1.gif

A wedge leading to corruption? Did you mean to describe this as legal, institutionalized corruption, at the highest level? If lobbying was included in the corruption index, as it should be, the US would be on the top of the charts. The only way to get rid of corruption within the US political system is to get rid of PACS, and lobbyists. They are all corrosive, and represent human pollution. With these kinds of influences, is there even hope of ever having an honest and noble candidate at the national level, as opposed to $35 Washington street whores?

I'd treat Bernie Sanders to some Ben and Jerry's.

I don't really have much to say to Hillary as I'm not exactly a mover and a shaker.

It would be nice if a representative of the American expat community had a word with her about some of our issues though.

I do expect her to be president but I'm not exactly star struck about her. She feels familiar like my Aunt Gladys.

Edited by Jingthing

And influence on the media, which is of course also partially a money game.....

And influence on the media, which is of course also partially a money game.....

True that. And the crime in all this, is that in the end we will be electing a candidate that is mediocre at best, and fully and totally compromised at worst. And will anything change or improve? Will anything get better for the 92% of Americans that are NOT making a fortune? Will anything get better with regards to a broken foreign policy? Will the lobbyist (whores) have any less influence over the process? Who benefits from this broken system, besides the media outlets?

I believe the entire election cycle should be limited to 90 days, and a budget of no more than $10 million US. Now, that would be entertaining. Might require some actual skill, intelligence, creativity, and acumen.

I don't really have much to say to Hillary as I'm not exactly a mover and a shaker.

It would be nice if a representative of the American expat community had a word with her about some of our issues though.

I do expect her to be president but I'm not exactly star struck about her. She feels familiar like my Aunt Gladys.

As the former Secretary of State, she most likely is privy to a great deal of information about expat issues.

As the former Secretary of State, she most likely is privy to a great deal of information about expat issues.

That's a good point but still we can expect expat issues to be very low on any president's list of priorities.