Thai Boyfriend shoots his British lover in South Pattaya

webfact

He confessed that he had been in the relationship with the foreign man for about 8 months and Mr Colin always accused him of seeing someone else so he decided to meet him to tell him it was over. Mr Colin then asked him to talk about it in his room but he didn’t want to go, got angry and shot him twice.
- from the above link..

Some way to break up..

considering we are in Thailand the reason sounds quite valid and would make for a good defence especially in a country where ''being made to lose face caused me to stab him to death'' would half your sentence.

Not easy to agree on a price it would appear. Two days of discussions and a shooting.

The price increase was to much and the machine ran dry. Tempers can fly in the heat of passion. If I can't have you no one can mentality. Its also the low/slow season maybe the lad thought the Brit would be hard to replace.

Thats a lot of F words, anyway, yeah he's right. I think that to many people here sit all day hunting the news behind there computer just to score an other silly comment hoping that they get a "like" or being just polular. Its oke to comment, but people must think about what to write, lots of it here is offensive, and people alway's blame someone without knowing the story.

RIP Mr. Is more propiate if you ask me.

trying to find where south pattaya is on my body. nope can't find it, anyhow get well soon, and beware of gun toting ladyboys. i never did understand the "lady" bit, they are men for christ sake.

I presume you normally walk around with a pointy hat on. AND know nothing about Thailand

Old man may have figured out he was just a sucker being

Used for money(surprise, surprise ). "Boyfriend" may have

Had young guy in his room. Life in Pattaya!!

Yes totally true again Thai people well big percent of them don't care about who they rob or kill they seem to have no value in life hope the old chap is in gd shape and the Thai man aka batty gets a lengthy sentence ????

Its sad that something this unfortunate happens to a fellow farang. Most of the comments here are even sadder. Come on guys show some respect to the guy who was after all shot in the head and has a friend here on the forum. Show a little compassion. I dont think there is any word in the world spoken by another person that is cause to be shot over and most definitely not in the head. I hope he gets charged with premeditated murder and sent to jail for a very long time.

trying to find where south pattaya is on my body. nope can't find it, anyhow get well soon, and beware of gun toting ladyboys. i never did understand the "lady" bit, they are men for christ sake.

lady-boys....because they are boys that look like ladies.....and with the full job they look everywhere (outside) like a woman and the are filled up with female hormones. Obviously their genetic is still male.

Any older dude that goes into a relationship with a much younger person must/should realize that it will be about the money in +99% of the cases.

Finding that much younger person in Pattaya don't help at all.

And still all those older guys from the west comes over here and do it again and again.

Any older dude that goes into a relationship with a much younger person must/should realize that it will be about the money in +99% of the cases.

Finding that much younger person in Pattaya don't help at all.

And still all those older guys from the west comes over here and do it again and again.

Such relationships have a long global history.

Older person finds the younger person sexually desirable.

Younger person finds the older person provides economic uplift.

So yes.

But even "in Pattaya" happily such arrangements don't usually end by getting shot in the neck!

Sad indeed. RIP english fellow. How easy for the thai's to have access to guns. and they shoot out just like that.

Hope he is charged with cold blooded murder and suffers a life long sentence in jail.

There seems to be a lot of talk about the younger guy saying he broke it off with the older guy. Makes no sense, there is no motivation under these circumstances for the shooting.

It would make more sense that the older guy perhaps seeing strange behaviour broke it off with the younger guy. The younger guy angry and having lost potentially financial support and face decided to shoot his ex lover in anger.

There seems to be a lot of talk about the younger guy saying he broke it off with the older guy. Makes no sense, there is no motivation under these circumstances for the shooting.

It would make more sense that the older guy perhaps seeing strange behaviour broke it off with the younger guy. The younger guy angry and having lost potentially financial support and face decided to shoot his ex lover in anger.

Nah. There could be thousands of possible scenarios.

Again, why does it matter unless there is anything in the story that could possibly be a murder defense?

Some of the comments on this thread are truly offensive, I hope the mods close the thread or start getting tough with some of the a'holes making bad taste comments.

Colin was a really nice guy, I did not know him well, but had drinks with him on a number of occasions (he did not drink alcohol as I recall). In 2009 he took myself and my partner out for a meal as a thank you for fixing a mutual friends laptop.

Sad news RIP Colin

Edited by Pompey50

I read both news stories and all the post. I am very sorry for Collin. I think an important thing for everyone to consider is that friends, relatives and even boyfriends with serious drug and alcohol problems are dangerous! Collin should have walked away a long time ago and not looked back. Same goes for all you straight guys! The girlfriend that is seeking money for drugs and alcohol is just as likely to show up with a 'new friend' with a knife or gun if she can't handle one herself to help get those necessary party funds. Beware!

The moral of the story is:

1. To understand and act according to the culture of that country

2. To know your own self, have self respect and respect others

If these can be observed things or criminal acts these would not occur... a lot of Westerners come to Asian countries, in numerous ways, either work, recreation, or whatever. And soon start seeing themselves that they are 1 level above the locals (or so they think) but which is not true.... Just think, if you would do this in your own country? Like the song, cheaters are going to be cheaters, so if you act with respect for one's self and for others, have dignity, foul acts like these could be avoided.

In the Western society "Twerking" is normal where nowadays all teens do it, but not in Asian societies... this what is meant by respect and dignity. Anyway sorry if I offended anyone but just the true facts and my condolences to the deceased.

Edited by pmh2009

He confessed that he had been in the relationship with the foreign man for about 8 months and Mr Colin always accused him of seeing someone else so he decided to meet him to tell him it was over. Mr Colin then asked him to talk about it in his room but he didn’t want to go, got angry and shot him twice.
- from the above link..

Some way to break up..

considering we are in Thailand the reason sounds quite valid and would make for a good defence especially in a country where ''being made to lose face caused me to stab him to death'' would half your sentence.

Doesn't quite explain why he helped himself to the man's wallet afterwards.

It is rather sobering to think this poor victim may have had some concerns about the possible behaviour of the alleged shooter from the fact that he never went up to the room. But he probably thought he would be safe meeting in a relatively public area and yet he still wasn’t. I don’t know about anyone else but I find that quite scary.

Looks to me the old guy needed to visit his bf for some reason and he felt more safe outside.

What disrespectful bunch of idiots mosts of you are here.

Colin is a very good friend of mine. I have known him for more then 14 years. He is one of the most decent farangs here in Pattaya. Has helped many people Thai and farangs.

If you don't know the/his private situation and have nothing decent to add here, just all shut the FFFF up.

Thank you. What a shame that someone would resort to an act like this. People killing each other over love, expectations, or thwarted hopes and dreams? Get a life. Why would someone do something like that? It is a shame that Colin did not know who he was dealing with. Hope this guy gets life in the slammer. Then, he can really get a sense of what is means to be taken advantage of!

It is rather sobering to think this poor victim may have had some concerns about the possible behaviour of the alleged shooter from the fact that he never went up to the room. But he probably thought he would be safe meeting in a relatively public area and yet he still wasn’t. I don’t know about anyone else but I find that quite scary.

Asks for money.

BF says no.

How to react - simple, shoot the BF.